The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Poll) Fools game cont.- Canucks Bobby Orr award.

luckylager

Most awesomest point getter Dman.  

111 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Pretty simple, who will be our highest scoring Dman? 

I say Hutton. Watched the Canucks TV bit on him at home, firing shots, putting on muscle, I think the kid's gonna shine next year and being paired with Gud will allow him to play up the ice a bit more. He's got slick hands and sees the ice well. 

I'm almost certain Edler's spending a good chunk of the year on the IR, so... 

Anyways, just vote. 

1 minute ago, riffraff said:

Without a doubt it's Hutton.

hes a smiling stud.

Early on it's looking like a Hutton landslide.. except for the oddball who picked Gud, to spite me.

I wasn't even going to add him or Tree, just like I didn't add Tanev. He'd win by a mile because of CDC's sense of humour when it comes to polls.

Edler may rediscover some level of awesomeness, even consistency would be good. 

Maybe he'll see this poll and be so pissed that we've all lost faith in him that he starts trying again... (sarcasm, for those who couldn't tell)

21 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Early on it's looking like a Hutton landslide.. except for the oddball who picked Gud, to spite me.

I wasn't even going to add him or Tree, just like I didn't add Tanev. He'd win by a mile because of CDC's sense of humour when it comes to polls.

Maybe he'll see this poll and be so pissed that we've all lost faith in him that he starts trying again... (sarcasm, for those who couldn't tell)

I've moved on from edler.

at first I tried to drink my way through watching him the last few years.  That began to fail.

Why is Taken not an option?

:P

Edler gets 35 this season while Hutton scores 31. With an overall increase in defensive quailty I predict Edler pots some goals and has a decent year offensively. He had a tough year this past year and was still on pace for around 30 before his injury I believe. 

25 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

Why is Taken not an option?

:P

Haha, autocucumber got ya! Taken.

And Edler's gonna have to step up his game and quit mailing it in to not get outdone by Hutton. Kid has already been a sophomore the way I see it. 

I'd love Edler to have a great year and prove that he's still our best defenseman, but I think he's gonna get all banged up again, a few times; Hutton tears it up offensively and Tanev + Gud bring in the shutdown game.

But I still don't advocate for trading any of our D unless we are getting a very obvious upgrade in ability. Last season's pathetic display of floundering, ridiculous, choking and feebleness was just too painful to have to live through again. 

4 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

Bobby Orr award should probably go to the MVP and/or top points.

Well poo on you too.

I want them to strive for excellence and I can't think of a more excellent, point generating D man than Orr. I'd also really like Hutton to play like Bobby Fricken Orr. Not too much to ask.

And that was a pretty negative and uptight comment from some "dude" who's just. all.  like.  "westcoasting" bro.

Lighten up, it's the summer, gives us something to talk about, bruh.

And thanks for your contribution.

3 hours ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

Hutton only because I'm positive it's not gonna be any of those other guys. My expectations for Hutty are pretty low though. 

I think Gudbranson is gonna be huge for him. IMO Hutton - Gudbranson will be our top pair by seasons end if they click. 

8 hours ago, Darkstar said:

Sbisa because why the hell not.

I'd absolutely love it if this happened, unlikely as it is.

That's assuming Hutton and Edler were both 30+ points and Sbisa somehow managed to out score both of them.

If no other Dman scored 15+ however... *shudders*

But Sbisa somehow managing to find an extra gear offensively would be huge. Especially if Larsen also produces 25-30 points (mostly on the PP) and Hutton and Edler meet expectations offensively. Having four Ds with 25-30+ points each would be a massive improvement for this team.

Don't see it actually happening but that doesn't mean I can't hope, right? ;) 

9 hours ago, luckylager said:

Well poo on you too.

I want them to strive for excellence and I can't think of a more excellent, point generating D man than Orr. I'd also really like Hutton to play like Bobby Fricken Orr. Not too much to ask.

And that was a pretty negative and uptight comment from some "dude" who's just. all.  like.  "westcoasting" bro.

Lighten up, it's the summer, gives us something to talk about, bruh.

And thanks for your contribution.

not uptight at all and didn't mean to be negative, it's just most people never seen Orr play and don't realize he was like Gretzky in how he alone could be the game. I voted Hutton too by the way.

11 hours ago, luckylager said:

I don't think that Hutton will score the goals. He will get a few assists but won't score. Gudbranson can shoot can't he?

Archived