The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Poll) Fools game cont.- Canucks Bobby Orr award.

luckylager

Most awesomest point getter Dman.  

111 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, jono2009 said:
NHL TOTALS 295 14 51 65 26 40 2 1 4 210 6.7

I guess he needs more than 65 total points. He should be on the list :P

Sbisa had 8, 6, 11 and 8 points the last 4 years.

Tanev who had twenty points two years ago, only two points off Edler last year deserved at least a mention?  :picard: 

8 hours ago, Westcoasting said:

not uptight at all and didn't mean to be negative, it's just most people never seen Orr play and don't realize he was like Gretzky in how he alone could be the game. I voted Hutton too by the way.

It's all good dude, I was a little tipsy and gettin' cheeky. I got where you were coming from.

7 hours ago, Stamkos said:

I don't think that Hutton will score the goals. He will get a few assists but won't score. Gudbranson can shoot can't he?

Hutton will score the goals. Gud's not much of an OD, he'll probably get the most hits though.

2 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Sbisa had 8, 6, 11 and 8 points the last 4 years.

Tanev who had twenty points two years ago, only two points off Edler last year deserved at least a mention?  :picard: 

It wasn't about a mention or lack of respect. I think Tanev is our best shutdown defender and he enjoys that role. I don't expect him to try and generate offense.

19 hours ago, luckylager said:

Early on it's looking like a Hutton landslide.. except for the oddball who picked Gud, to spite me.

I wasn't even going to add him or Tree, just like I didn't add Tanev. He'd win by a mile because of CDC's sense of humour when it comes to polls.

Edler may rediscover some level of awesomeness, even consistency would be good. 

Maybe he'll see this poll and be so pissed that we've all lost faith in him that he starts trying again... (sarcasm, for those who couldn't tell)

20 hours ago, luckylager said:

Pretty simple, who will be our highest scoring Dman? 

I say Hutton. Watched the Canucks TV bit on him at home, firing shots, putting on muscle, I think the kid's gonna shine next year and being paired with Gud will allow him to play up the ice a bit more. He's got slick hands and sees the ice well. 

I'm almost certain Edler's spending a good chunk of the year on the IR, so... 

Anyways, just vote. 

I voted for Ent.  What is Ent?  Is that Subban?

Our Bobby Orr is going back to Jr.  There needs to be a 'none of the above option'. If not everyone will pick Sbisa for a laugh. 

I really like our defence this year, in relation to last year. But no Orr guy for us. We may be tougher and hopefully better at defending, but our defence is not going to generate much offence. 

51 minutes ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

Our Bobby Orr is going back to Jr.  There needs to be a 'none of the above option'. If not everyone will pick Sbisa for a laugh. 

I really like our defence this year, in relation to last year. But no Orr guy for us. We may be tougher and hopefully better at defending, but our defence is not going to generate much offence. 

Well it seems the majority are voting Hutton.

I didn't include Tanev because I figured he was the sure fire "for a laugh" vote. Spisa actually does have an offensive upside, I haven't seen that in Gud's highlights, but admittedly I dont follow the panthers so I'm not 100% on what we're getting with him.

Tree, from what we saw last year, can sure hammer the puck but seems to prefer the role of creaseman, so I included him and Gud to fill space.

I think a few of you are taking "Orr" a bit too seriously. He's being used as a light-hearted anology for our most offensively productive Dman. He is the epitome of offensive D. 

In retrospect, maybe I should have had an "other" option, but I didn't, so I guess I'll have to live the rest of my CDC life in shame.

2 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Pffft. Subban. Doesn't he play for Nashville? 

Okay fine, Subban will be Utica's "Bobby Orr".

There is only one Bobby Orr, but if we are going to pick our guy that could play something like Orr, isn't Subban the only one with that type of game?  

The closest in our current roster and prospects would be Juolevi imo,  considering where he is at right now. PLUS  he is already wearing #4 so it's a slam dunk!

Orr was not only an incredibly mobile, defenseman with a great shot, and play-making skills he was  also Boston's #1 defensive player with the best +/- so if Juolevi can do 1/2 for the Canucks that Orr did for Boston, Canuck-land would be very happy indeed!

1 minute ago, nuck-lifer said:

The closest in our current roster and prospects would be Juolevi imo,  considering where he is at right now. PLUS  he is already wearing #4 so it's a slam dunk!

Orr was not only an incredibly mobile, defenseman with a great shot, and play-making skills he was  also Boston's #1 defensive player with the best +/- so if Juolevi can do 1/2 for the Canucks that Orr did for Boston, Canuck-land would be very happy indeed!

And Orr was a tough son-of-a-gun too.  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

And Orr was a tough son-of-a-gun too.  

Exactly, put the toughness of Gudbranson, the future smarts / play-making of Juolevi, the defensive play of Tanev and the offense of the whole Canucks defense squad could sum him up, 

Just now, nuck-lifer said:

Exactly, put the toughness of Gudbranson, the future smarts / play-making of Juolevi, the defensive play of Tanev and the offense of the whole Canucks defense squad could sum him up, 

We really deserve the next Bobby Orr.  ::D

24 minutes ago, Alflives said:

There is only one Bobby Orr, but if we are going to pick our guy that could play something like Orr, isn't Subban the only one with that type of game?  

HeyZues, you guys all hung up on words.

At least some people can conceptualize.

What the hell

10 hours ago, luckylager said:

Well it seems the majority are voting Hutton.

I didn't include Tanev because I figured he was the sure fire "for a laugh" vote. Spisa actually does have an offensive upside, I haven't seen that in Gud's highlights, but admittedly I dont follow the panthers so I'm not 100% on what we're getting with him.

Tree, from what we saw last year, can sure hammer the puck but seems to prefer the role of creaseman, so I included him and Gud to fill space.

I think a few of you are taking "Orr" a bit too seriously. He's being used as a light-hearted anology for our most offensively productive Dman. He is the epitome of offensive D. 

In retrospect, maybe I should have had an "other" option, but I didn't, so I guess I'll have to live the rest of my CDC life in shame.

Didn't mean to come across as harsh. No shame on the CDC. 

Archived