The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour/Speculation] Hudler/Canucks

If Hudler can put up 50+ points on our second line at a reasonable cost I think he's worth it. Yeah he's not "gritty" but I don't care at this point. Our team couldn't put the puck in the net last year, so if Hudler could help create offence then I'm all for it.

This mind set of big and gritty is great, but sometimes the small skilled guys are more elusive and the big guys have a problem keeping up with them

2 minutes ago, Sedinery33 said:

If Hudler can put up 50+ points on our second line at a reasonable cost I think he's worth it. Yeah he's not "gritty" but I don't care at this point. Our team couldn't put the puck in the net last year, so if Hudler could help create offence then I'm all for it.

This mind set of big and gritty is great, but sometimes the small skilled guys are more elusive and the big guys have a problem keeping up with them

I'm with you. We need more secondary scoring no matter what, and at this point if someone can provide that without being "gritty" then I don't really give a sh**. Sign them up!

Just now, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

I'm with you. We need more secondary scoring no matter what, and at this point if someone can provide that without being "gritty" then I don't really give a sh**. Sign them up!

Yes!!!! We could have a team of gritty players, but then whos gonna score. There just isn't enough Jamie Benn type players to go around.

Much rather see Hudler in the mix, than: "Vrbata close to re-signing with the Canucks"

I agree that big gritty forwards is better, but Hudler provides some tenacity and he's a playmaker, he can put up points. He was basically a point-a-game player in 2014/15, so maybe he'll be somewhat productive on our 2nd line? Or will he play with Horvat on the 3rd? He's listed as  C, but I'm assuming he'll play LW?

4 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Much rather see Hudler in the mix, than: "Vrbata close to re-signing with the Canucks"

I agree that big gritty forwards is better, but Hudler provides some tenacity and he's a playmaker, he can put up points. He was basically a point-a-game player in 2014/15, so maybe he'll be somewhat productive on our 2nd line? Or will he play with Horvat on the 3rd? He's listed as  C, but I'm assuming he'll play LW?

I would think if there is anything to this rumour, it would be for him to play LW on the second line.

Archived