The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

KHL Player tries to beat up entire Chinese team!

TheRick

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Kunlun Red Star has gone to police and filed an assault report against Damir Ryspayev.

Kunlun's president of hockey operations says they will press charges.

Good. If it had just been the single sucker punch I would have said to let the league handle it. Everything after that was so over the line I don't even know where to begin. 

I really hope for Ryspayev's sake the game wasn't being played in China though!

On 8/9/2016 at 8:08 PM, Mr.DirtyDangles said:
On 8/9/2016 at 2:05 PM, Rocky Balboa said:

Not about your post but your sig...is it sad that I know what episode that's from and what Kirk is going to say?

Trekkies for Life : D nothing beats TOS

All on Netflix. Just finished rewatching all of TOS and half way through rewatching TNG. ::D

4 hours ago, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

All on Netflix. Just finished rewatching all of TOS and half way through rewatching TNG. ::D

I find the quality much much better on Crave TV.  Netflix has this weird thing that makes it look like it's "real".  Though after watching remastered TOS, I kinda miss the old crappy effects lol...

KHL bans player for life after he incited preseason brawl:

The KHL sent a message Thursday: Zero tolerance.

Damir Ryspaev, who started a massive brawl during an exhibition game Aug. 8, has been banned for life for his actions, the league announced.

The Barys Astana defenseman can't appeal the ban, the league added, but said "it may be reversed if the disciplinary committee agrees to review any statement from the individual concerned."

KHL president Dmitry Chernyshenko said the following in a statement:

In hockey there has always been space for a fair fight between equal opponents under the principles of fair play. But in hockey, as in any other professional sport, the can be no place for the outright violence displayed by Barys defenseman Damir Ryspaev in the game against KHL newcomer Kunlun Red Star. We are constantly working to attract a new audience and broaden the game’s geographical reach and Ryspaev’s behavior is not merely harmful in a sporting context, it also blackens the image of the league. As directors of the league, we could not allow this incident to go unpunished and so we have taken this decision.

Ryspaev's agent said he'll appeal to the KHL's disciplinary committee, according to Yahoo Sports' Sean Leahy, who cites a Russian report.

Ryspaev's played 23 games in the KHL, recording no points and 194 penalty minutes - more than eight per contest.

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1080676

Goon squad, assemble!

Surprising to see the KHL take such a heavy stance - but glad they did. This guy should be in MMA taking beatings off guys, not masquerading as a hockey player so he can beat up children.

• 4 weeks later...
On 08/08/2016 at 0:33 PM, Gooseberries said:

I like this guys style. 

On a more serious note this guy obviously went overboard. However I do understand why he was mad. That initial player dove so hard. I don't think you need a stretcher after someone punches you with a glove on. It was a clear penalty but buddy was acting as if he was shot. Still doesn't justify pu ching 18 other skaters lmao.

Yes it does - I finally hav a favourite KHL player.

Get it done, Benning.

On 8/8/2016 at 5:42 PM, nux_win said:

I didn't intend for you to lose sleep.  I actually agree with most of your posts, just not this time.  It's impossible to know if someone is faking it or actually injured, and I hate fakers too, it's just that I want to give them the benefit of the doubt when it comes to head injuries.  Also, I just hate it when people think that sucker punching someone is OK just because they are pissed off.  If two guys want to go at it, then fine, but suckering someone who is unsuspecting is low class.  I gotta admit that I actually like the guy's enthusiasm, he just needs to figure out sportsmanship.  Anyway, mountains and mole hills and all that jazz...  GCG!

"The result was Marcinko being taken from the ice by a stretcher and sent to hospital where he was diagnosed with a concussion."

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/report-khl-player-possibly-facing-criminal-charges-for-attacks-during-pre-season-game

What kind of p-word refs are these? Laughable. The first that has Ryspajev by the collar just simply lets him go halfways to the benches. :huh: And they all just watch him run from player to player sucker punching away.

I noticed a few posts up that Ryspajev now has a lifetime ban. Ouch. In part he can thank those hapless cowardly refs. If he had been shuffled off the ice immediately, he may still have a career.

2 hours ago, kilgore said:

What kind of p-word refs are these? Laughable. The first that has Ryspajev by the collar just simply lets him go halfways to the benches. :huh: And they all just watch him run from player to player sucker punching away.

I noticed a few posts up that Ryspajev now has a lifetime ban. Ouch. In part he can thank those hapless cowardly refs. If he had been shuffled off the ice immediately, he may still have a career.

But had they attempted to do so, they may have picked up concussions themselves. The guy was in full lunatic mode, he'd have walked through Brashear, Chara and Lucic in that mood.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2016-09-14 at 4:54 AM, Baggins said:

"The result was Marcinko being taken from the ice by a stretcher and sent to hospital where he was diagnosed with a concussion."

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/report-khl-player-possibly-facing-criminal-charges-for-attacks-during-pre-season-game

Thanks for the update.

Archived