The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WHERE TO GET A FRESH CUT?!!!

Bruce Boudreau

Hey guys, I am wondering where you guys go to get your haircuts.

I am tired of paying $10-15 for the normal cheap places now because they usually do a crappy job if you ask to try a new style other than short on the sides and longer on top even if you show them a picture they either have no clue or just don't care to give attention and not chit chat and just rush to get you out the door.

Was thinking that the higher priced salons or barbershops would be better knowing how to give a good haircut that is trendy and stylish but not over the top pricey.

Do you guys know any good places in Vancouver?

Some place that gives a good modern cut for under $30 tip extra? 

Looking to get a good fade or undercut from a good barber but don't want to pay more than 30 bucks because it is not worth it after that to have to go back again in 2 weeks to get it shaped up.

people here often make fun of my hair-- but lets face it. my hair's got all of the style-- more than your sucky barber can do at 25 bucks, when i can cut my own hair and it'll still look better than your no personalty "ehh, just trim it off, oh i'm sorry, i forgot your tip, for doing such a ****ty job"

1 hour ago, ILL BILL NECRO said:

Sick fade/undercut  bro.... I have no idea what either of these things are............. SOOO fresh!... I want a fresh fade on my hobo beard but will pay no more then 12 empties (beer so thats premium rate)... Where can I go?

bbdfde1e7e3959eb2ba69299bc372e9d.jpg

Something like this is what I would like.

5 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Hey guys, I am wondering where you guys go to get your haircuts.

I am tired of paying $10-15 for the normal cheap places now because they usually do a crappy job if you ask to try a new style other than short on the sides and longer on top even if you show them a picture they either have no clue or just don't care to give attention and not chit chat and just rush to get you out the door.

Was thinking that the higher priced salons or barbershops would be better knowing how to give a good haircut that is trendy and stylish but not over the top pricey.

Do you guys know any good places in Vancouver?

Some place that gives a good modern cut for under $30 tip extra? 

Looking to get a good fade or undercut from a good barber but don't want to pay more than 30 bucks because it is not worth it after that to have to go back again in 2 weeks to get it shaped up.

That's pretty much my cut.  For $35 you can go to Barber and Co.  I go to Barbarella on Main St.  It's more than $30, but if commit to a schedule and pre-book, you can get a discount....and you get a nice scalp massage, which is worth the extra few bucks.  I go every 4 weeks, and they will "clean it up" for free once in between cuts.

I actually cut my own hair...it's not hard after a few errors and trials. Using and mastering the clipper guards really helps.

Save myself 30.00 bucks. I went in to get my haircut about a couple of months ago just to see how bad I do when I do it myself lol no real difference. The only thing I missed was the scalp massage and the relaxing of it all.

4 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

'Just give me the hipster douchebag, extra douchey on the sides plz.'

In my opinion some of the more edgier undercut and man bun with beards and thick rim glasses styles and etc are more douchebag hipster. The guys that put oil in their beards and have the mountain/hippie traveler look.

I would not really consider this a douchebag style I have seen tons of guys with it from even young kids to teenagers all the way to 35 plus year old dudes who like to dress younger and appear stylish and with the times.

I have seen way more eccentric looks than that actually.

The undercut if you look it up and most of the new hairstyles like fades,undercuts,part lines, lineuos, tapers all have some classic roots going back to the 70's, 60's, and so forth.

An example would be the modern pompadour which is inspired by Elvis' classic styled do.

Has anyone tried Salon Supreme on Kings way? Reviews say they give decent fades.

How about the Man Cave at Metrotown?

Ever been? How was it?

I'd like to avoid downtown as it is pretty far and probably a long wait to go for over $30 plus haircut.

Ideally something close to East Van or South Van, maybe Burnaby or Richmond the furthest.

There has got be a place that charges $30 bucks and does as hood or better of a job as the fancier pricey $50 salons with til and hot shave/massage/drink while you wait.

I don't care about the atmosphere and experience just a skilled barber who listens and takes their time to pay attention and not rush the cut.

Archived