The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

San Jose Sharks introduce new logos

2 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

I call them smart....

I call them aquatic vaginas.  I kid, they hunt in packs like wolves.  Effective? Yes.  Manly? No.  An apex predator should be able to go mono eh mono with any similar species.  Killer Whales grow twice the size as Great Whites but can't reach the depths that Great Whites can.  And an unborn baby great white hunts food in their mother's stomach and once born can kill instantly(albeit something small.)  A baby orca mooches off the pod like an unemployed uncle. 

I rather be a shark.

1 minute ago, Tre Mac said:

I call them aquatic vaginas.  I kid, they hunt in packs like wolves.  Effective? Yes.  Manly? No.  An apex predator should be able to go mono eh mono with any similar species.  Killer Whales grow twice the size as Great Whites but can't reach the depths that Great Whites can.  And an unborn baby great white hunts food in their mother's stomach and once born can kill instantly(albeit something small.)  A baby orca mooches off the pod like an unemployed uncle. 

I rather be a shark.

the animal world could care less about manliness..survival of the fittest,,,actually in that video they also hunt sharks solo..head butt them on their back where they get immobilized and eat them..effective.

51 minutes ago, falcon45ca said:

They've had that logo for just under 25 years, which is actually longer than the Canucks have kept any one logo...

so yeah. 

Love the new logo. I think having the same artist design the logos help keep a sense of familiarity between the two.

This is actually the third - they updated the shark a little bit already a few years back.

I've never liked the orca at all, but maybe if it just got a similar stylistic upgrade it could be improved at least somewhat.

My personal opinion is the C is the problem more than the orca. If the C looked more fluid, like a whale coming out of the ocean, maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

But really, who's kidding who, bring back the Flying V's!

8 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

I rather be a shark.

If by manly, you mean "like a man", then that's exactly what Orca's do. They are pack hunters, just like homo sapiens. And even then, we cheat. We bring things like pointy sticks, clubs, and arrows to a tooth and claw fight.

22 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Usually its 3 or 4 orcas against one shark.  Pussy fighting, just like a bunch thugs swarming someone when they walk away.  All the more reason to change our logo:ph34r:

How about keeping our logo, and CHANGING THE FRIGGIN SOFTY PLAYERS?

Archived