The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Articles] Canucks Day at PHT

johnnyhockey

Just now, DeNiro said:

Doug Jarvis is next in line.

Don't think they would pull Green from Utica mid season.

Maybe that's why Jarvis is the new assistant?  No way WD hires his own assists.  I thought head coaches hired their assistants?  

i think willie will be just fine. JB and TL are trying to build a winning team here.  judging them before they finish their build is for other sports people. i embrace the negative reviews. we have a lot of people to prove wrong. building is just that. it takes time and patience.

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

WD is gone before Christmas, or I'm not a real alien. :o

I hate to say it but I agree. Travis Green probably has a Vancouver realtor on speed dial right now. lol

3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Doug Jarvis is next in line.

Don't think they would pull Green from Utica mid season.

AHL coaches have been promoted mid-season to the NHL team before (granted its usually on a interim basis).

Just now, BowtieCanuck said:

AHL coaches have been promoted mid-season to the NHL team before (granted its usually on a interim basis).

Yea but in this case it would be too disruptive to our prospects developing down there.

There would be more harm than good done by a move like that IMO. It would make more sense to make Jarvis the interim and promote Green in the summer.

2 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Actually....I agree. I think Willie is on a pretty loose leash as far as the team's performance goes.

Oh yeah.

the team is in major transition and last year was injury riddled.

aside from that the optics of our coach revolving door would make it difficult to attract any legit nhl coach 

Archived