The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Help free Sven and Laura!

thejazz97

44 minutes ago, butters said:

if one of his buddies donated 4k, salty folk like you would complain that 4k is pennies to them.

How non-judgmental of you to say what I would or wouldn't complain about. 

I actually applaud Sven's social conscious.  Good to see /hear efforts going towards non-traditional, very worthy, causes.

Whether he puts in personal funds or not, I recognize he's giving his time/name to the cause, and appreciate that as someone who is part of the greater pet owners community.  

3 hours ago, Fanuck said:

Don't know why you're popping off on me,  but I'm perfectly aware of how social media promotes societal causes - I was suggesting a possible strategy for more exposure/awareness.   One of his pseudo-celebrity hockey buddies donates and all of a sudden it's all over the media, Canucks homepage,  Canucks Twitter, NHL homepage,  NHL twitter ect....

Who cares though? Who cares how the money gets raised or how much buzz it generate, this is a fun way to allow the SCPA to expand their donor base - people who don't normally engage with them are now donating AND talking - this is the point. 

4 hours ago, Pr3mo said:

People not wanting Evander Kane on this team because of his criminal behaviour while we already have this low life behind bars. Disgusting 

I'll go out on a limb and say 1 person didn't get your joke because you didn't type j/k.

Personally I quite enjoyed it, but I won't plus 1 you because I think that neg should stay to remind them of their foolishness. :P

This freaked me out yesterday when I saw on the TV ticker that he was "locked up for animal charity".  I was worried it was a typo and he was really in jail over cruelty charges.

Glad to see it was something cool like this :)

Archived