The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mike Johnson fired from Sportsnet

Honky Cat

49 minutes ago, Nas19 said:

Seems like I'm in the minority but I f****** couldn't stand the guy. I'm thrilled he's gone. He annoyed the ever loving crap out of me.

I too agree that it was sometimes hard to listen to his voice but honestly he provided good commentary and tried to be as unbiased as possible.. Although I did kind dislike how whenever I tuned into Canucks games with him commentating, it seemed like he had a distaste for us.

Still waiting for the axe to fall on some of these television exec positions.

People in Canada watch hockey despite our crap networks,  not because of them sadly. 

Monopolies aren't good for this particular industry unfortunately. 

32 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Still waiting for the axe to fall on some of these television exec positions.

People in Canada watch hockey despite our crap networks,  not because of them sadly. 

Monopolies aren't good for this particular industry unfortunately. 

Maybe the amount of people changing the channel when the intermission came on had something to do with it.  Now that Stock, Lee, and Healy are gone, the only guy left who's a serious problem is Rotten Ronnie. 

8 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

Craig "can't say anything positive" Simpson is still around?

Can they please just have local guys call every game for the broadcast. No more Simpson ever...

He and the once-great Huston have devolved into petty complainers, constantly underwhelmed by what they're seeing on the ice.

18 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

Craig "can't say anything positive" Simpson is still around?

Can they please just have local guys call every game for the broadcast. No more Simpson ever...

Craig Simpleton is one of the worst color guys there is. He sounds like he's touched. It was embarrassing to listen to him and Hughson fawn over Gaudreau and Bennet a couple of years ago during the playoffs. They could barely contain themselves.

16 hours ago, RunningWild said:

He was , by far, the best/knowledgable guy Sportsnet had - so it only makes sense they fired him. But you keep Cox and Kypreos and all those other winners, Sportsnet

Johnson was on the panel for the 2016 Draft...I thought that he had a good knowledge of what certain teams were looking for ,and he did his homework on the players being drafted (Sportsnets coverage of the 2015 draft was horrendous...Its too bad that TSN couldn't do it because they were the best at this event).

Archived