The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

New Rogue One Star Wars trailer

Slegr

16 minutes ago, Green Building said:

It does, but it's got nothing on Penny Oleksiak.

couldn't help it

Yeah, that was pretty awesome....trailer was good too.

I love how gritty this movie looks. Not in the overused, buzz word way people use to describe reboots of super hero movies but just the fact that it looks like a lived in galaxy that's fallen on some really hard times.

2 minutes ago, Hobble said:

So, this one is completely unrelated to the newest Star Wars?

I'm sure there will be a couple of easter eggs here and there but no, this story is set about 30 years before Episode VII.

Can I also just say I never knew how much I wanted to see Donnie Yen beat the leaving **** out of some stormtroopers until these trailers hit? Because I do now!

Meh.

I'll see it because I'm a Star Wars geek, but after the last one, I'm coming in with low expectations. If they try and make it a carbon copy of Empire Strikes back like they did with Force Awakens/New Hope, it's going to bomb on the reviews. Not as far as Box Offices go because "duh" it's Star Wars, but people overlooked the similarities (and it was practically the entire movie) because it had been awhile since the last one and they simply wanted something fresh and different from the Lucas Prequels. 

Rogue One arguably has just as much pressure, if not more, because it has to tie in to the Orginial 6 AND VII and the honeymoon relaunch is over.

1 hour ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

Meh.

I'll see it because I'm a Star Wars geek, but after the last one, I'm coming in with low expectations. If they try and make it a carbon copy of Empire Strikes back like they did with Force Awakens/New Hope, it's going to bomb on the reviews. Not as far as Box Offices go because "duh" it's Star Wars, but people overlooked the similarities (and it was practically the entire movie) because it had been awhile since the last one and they simply wanted something fresh and different from the Lucas Prequels. 

Rogue One arguably has just as much pressure, if not more, because it has to tie in to the Orginial 6 AND VII and the honeymoon relaunch is over.

If you're a Star Wars geek, then you'd know that what was being employed is: http://www.starwarsringtheory.com/

Abrams incorporated elements of Ring Theory into VII, but of course you knew that :ph34r:

Edit: This is an offshoot story, set in cannon to the rest of the movies but separate from the main arc that has thus been explored with the Skywalker saga.

I won't watch in it theatres. I have pledged a vow to myself that I would not watch any more myth franchises / superhero movies in the theatre for no other reason than the fact that there are too many of them and are making too much money away from original, creative and meaningful movies.

However, the trailer does look cool. 

I still don't like the look of it. And whoever that girl is, I can't stand the sight of her. Her delivery is more wooden than a wooden statue of Keanu Reeves carving a wooden statue of Ewan McGregor holding a wooden statue.

I recall they revamped this and had to re-shoot/re-write a bunch of scenes cause it was to dark...which if true is a real shame

I'm stoked either way

Now, hire Chris Pratt to be the young Han Solo for that trilogy and start shooting dammit

On August 12, 2016 at 0:54 PM, Warhippy said:

I recall they revamped this and had to re-shoot/re-write a bunch of scenes cause it was to dark...which if true is a real shame

I'm stoked either way

Now, hire Chris Pratt to be the young Han Solo for that trilogy and start shooting dammit

I thought Han was killed in the last one, by his own bastard son?  (That actor, don't know his name, was the only part of that movie that was any good.)

Archived