The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Road Rage Killer Killed 15 Years Later During Another Road Rage Incident

SabreFan1

Putting aside the history of the guy who died, I wonder if the "stand your ground" law applies here if the shooter actively got out of his vehicle and engaged the guy. To me stand your ground is sitting in your car and calling the cops. If the guy smashes your window then you blow his head off... that's stand your ground... but you don't get out of your vehicle and start arguing in the middle of the road. Would be the same thing if you saw a bunch of kids causing trouble on the street and went out and started swearing at them and calling them punks. Then when they charged you, you blow their heads off. That's not the intent of stand your ground.

29 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Putting aside the history of the guy who died, I wonder if the "stand your ground" law applies here if the shooter actively got out of his vehicle and engaged the guy. To me stand your ground is sitting in your car and calling the cops. If the guy smashes your window then you blow his head off... that's stand your ground... but you don't get out of your vehicle and start arguing in the middle of the road. Would be the same thing if you saw a bunch of kids causing trouble on the street and went out and started swearing at them and calling them punks. Then when they charged you, you blow their heads off. That's not the intent of stand your ground.

It's Florida.  The shooter will be fine.  Getting out of your car to engage though is stupid.  In most states that could land you a manslaughter charge.

21 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

What a senseless, violent society.

I'll never set foot in that country again.

It's not the whole country, but since you're used to the relative safety of Canada I can see where you're coming from.

Last week I was on the US 90 thruway and an 18-wheel trucker kept riding both lanes and cutting in front of people and was obviously on the road driving tired which is illegal for truckers.  I shouted out of my window to tell him to choose a lane to try and wake him up and he got p1ssed and slowed down and tried to hit me with his cab.  My SUV is pretty agile and speedy so I was able to outrun him to my exit.

I can barely stomach truckers.  I've met too many that are complete scumbags.  They are sometimes worse than motorcycle riders who like to act tough especially when they are in a pack.

2 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

It's been about 12 years for me.  I used to do the west coast quite regularly.  I've had some great times in Cali and Oregon but I haven't missed it that much.

2 hours ago, riffraff said:

It's been about 12 years for me.  I used to do the west coast quite regularly.  I've had some great times in Cali and Oregon but I haven't missed it that much.

Last time, I simply flew thru Seatac(connecting Osaka to Van) way back in '96.

Unbearably rude customs staff. The Missus was put off, & I remember her having been excited, as she'd never been to the US prior. That was it for me. When you get used to public politeness, that's both beautiful & ubiquitous in Japan, becomes hard to accept contemporary NA'n culture.

12 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Good,

Stay in fantasy land where big brother will take care of everything (including disposing of your rights)

and nothing is worth fighting for,

Canadians thumbing their noses at the states have little idea how what few rights they have are being taken away, and how passivism has been systematically shoved down their throats, while they were encouraged to believe it was all their idea to begin with.

Someday, a lot sooner than the states will have to worry about it. Canadians are in for a very rude awakening, when they realize it's too late to turn back.

Sometimes in life you have to fight for yourself, if you depend on the government for everything, you will one day find yourself with nothing

45 minutes ago, terrible.dee said:

Good,

Stay in fantasy land where big brother will take care of everything (including disposing of your rights)

Canadians thumbing their noses at the states have little idea how what few rights they have are being taken away, and how passivism has been systematically shoved down their throats, while they were encouraged to believe it was all their idea to begin with.

Someday, a lot sooner than the states will have to worry about it. Canadians are in for a very rude awakening, when they realize it's too late to turn back.

Sometimes in life you have to fight for yourself, if you depend on the government for everything, you will one day find yourself with nothing

I think,what you will see, is a takeover of Canada by the US. For the most part, we won't go down swinging either.

8 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Last time, I simply flew thru Seatac(connecting Osaka to Van) way back in '96.

Unbearably rude customs staff. The Missus was put off, & I remember her having been excited, as she'd never been to the US prior. That was it for me. When you get used to public politeness, that's both beautiful & ubiquitous in Japan, becomes hard to accept contemporary NA'n culture.

Until MLB comes to Vancouver I will continue to travel to Seattle. With hockey in Vegas, there will be a few trips there as well. Otherwise, we have everything we need right here.

46 minutes ago, NHL'er said:

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. 

Maybe if the world were blind, we would be better off:  blind to racism, to sexism, to religious hatred, to all the stupiditity of man that results in violence and war?

2 hours ago, terrible.dee said:

Good,

Canadians have all the rights worth having. If you like it so much down south, then you can always move there. 

Canada has adapted much better to the current times than our neighbour who continues to be hampered by a large sect of the population who opposes change at every turn. They would rather have their antediluvian rights than a better quality of life. 

Archived