The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anjem Coudary Convicted

cabinessence

1 hour ago, canuktravella said:

not sure why this guy is allowedto spew his hate and walk around free in uk he should be shot or throw to a dumpy third world where he has no voice  that would effect us not sure why these scumbag jihadists are even given a voice in media  blows my mind 

Because the UK has laws and we aren't barbarians, killing and maiming whoever we find reprehensible.

Freedom of speech is a tenet of Western society; unfortunately it gives people like this repulsive individual a voice. Let's just hope they have something solid on this guy so that he can go away for a long time. And let's stop with the "let's execute this guy for speaking his mind", because that's exactly what he wants, to become a martyr for his vile cause.

24 minutes ago, Toews said:

Because the UK has laws and we aren't barbarians, killing and maiming whoever we find reprehensible.

Freedom of speech is a tenet of Western society; unfortunately it gives people like this repulsive individual a voice. Let's just hope they have something solid on this guy so that he can go away for a long time. And let's stop with the "let's execute this guy for speaking his mind", because that's exactly what he wants, to become a martyr for his vile cause.

disagree giving scumbags like this rights to spew hate do nothing but gain more followers to their skewd ideology and watch the amount of terrorist attacks go up because guys like this get airtime only increases their numbers. Their views are at direct odd with our western values im not sure when the west will wakeup to this maybe trump is right the politically correct  agenda is making us weak. anyone promoting these extremist  ideologies should be kicked out of our countries  or in jail or at least have their voices muted in this regards  or do u want to live under sharia/nazi ruled countries. thank fully this clown is actually already in jail for providing material support to isis and promoting hate. 

3 hours ago, TheFirstLine said:Meh... So when is Trump going to get arrested ?

well seeing trump doesnt agree with beheadings and raping women and killing anyone  thats not muslim (christian, buddist, shiva, atheist, gay, transgender)  im sure hes a threat nottttt....    btw im not a trump fan or a clinton fan they are both evil rich  politicians  but  sometimes u can a spade a spade and giving terrorists a platform to incite more terrorism isnt the best idea.   poster says  uk  shouldnt  be barbaric with these terrorists but if they let the isil propaganda continue  in 20 yrs your population will be enslaved into sharia  for being to politically correct.

4 hours ago, Toews said:

Free speech is not a universal Western tenet, although I wish it was. 

Canada and the UK have several arbitrary restrictions on free speech, unlike the US, which guarantees theirs via the First Amendment. Gregory Alan Elliott was arrested in Canada for arguing with feminists on Twitter. He was eventually cleared, but the fact he was arrested to begin with speaks volumes about the state of free expression outside the USA.

Here's a snippet to provide another example of what I mean:

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2008/06/12/us/12hate.html?_r=0

The way identity politics is going, it will soon be considered 'hate speech' to condemn Islam but entirely acceptable to preach hateful practices in the name of Islam.

I don't care about religion, but I read enough to know which ones are attempting to encroach on my rights and which ones are not.

You know why Islamophobia is a term with legitimacy and 'Christophobia'  is not?

Most Christians I know have white skin and look like me. I can easily attack their beliefs, because despite the multitude of believers around the world,  most people associate Christianity with 'whiteness'.

Contrast that against Islam, which has a very Arabic origin and connection. Again, many people all over the world are Islamic, but because of the perceived association with a darker skin colour, any criticism of Islam by us westerners MUST be rooted in bigotry or racism by extension. 

I would like to say it's more complex than that but it's really that simple. People can really be that stupid. Politically correct people would sooner be radical Islamic apologists than be potentially labeled racists.

5 hours ago, Toews said:

So he is like an Islam version of a Trump supporter?

This is a pretty interesting case. This guy really skirted the line between freedom of speech and supporting terrorist groups. There's nothing illegal about a person saying they like X group. Does that change when that person is in an influential position and likely to influence others? 

Some of the things this guy was doing went beyond speech as well. He was running youth camps where he gave training on how to use rocket launchers and assault rifles. Although you could argue that all sorts of white militia groups do that all over the USA. Coudary had also founded the banned Al-Muhajiroun group, of which several members carried out attacks.

The question is did this guy cross the line from merely speaking about terrorism to providing support for it.

4 hours ago, canuktravella said:

well seeing trump doesnt agree with beheadings and raping women and killing anyone  thats not muslim (christian, buddist, shiva, atheist, gay, transgender)  im sure hes a threat nottttt....    btw im not a trump fan or a clinton fan they are both evil rich  politicians  but  sometimes u can a spade a spade and giving terrorists a platform to incite more terrorism isnt the best idea.   poster says  uk  shouldnt  be barbaric with these terrorists but if they let the isil propaganda continue  in 20 yrs your population will be enslaved into sharia  for being to politically correct.

Ok say we give them them the authority to go and hunt these people down and execute them. Now that they are done with ISIS, they move onto another group whose opinions they do not like. Gradually they progress to you and they now want to remove you after reading some of the comments you made about cops on CDC. So once we give them the exception to do whatever they want, when will they actually stop? Will they even want to stop? What's stopping someone from culling all dissenters in the guise of protecting society.

Our methods are what differentiates our society from their's. 

The interesting thing is, he has nothing to do with Islam. Even though he claims to be a Muslim, likely attends mosques, and has close relationships with many imams, he has nothing to do with Islam. It reminds me of the  preface on the Thriller video, that said it had nothing to do with the occult. Well, it probably didn't, all things considered.

Have any other Muslim leaders commented ion his arrest? I guess it would be like asking Joan Jett what she thought of ice fishing, since according to the regressive left, they have about as much in common with each other as do Islam and Coudary.

10 hours ago, Toews said:

Tell that to Joan of Arc.

5 hours ago, Mustapha said:

Free speech is not a universal Western tenet, although I wish it was. 

Canada and the UK have several arbitrary restrictions on free speech, unlike the US, which guarantees theirs via the First Amendment. Gregory Alan Elliott was arrested in Canada for arguing with feminists on Twitter. He was eventually cleared, but the fact he was arrested to begin with speaks volumes about the state of free expression outside the USA.

Here's a snippet to provide another example of what I mean:

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2008/06/12/us/12hate.html?_r=0

The way identity politics is going, it will soon be considered 'hate speech' to condemn Islam but entirely acceptable to preach hateful practices in the name of Islam.

I don't care about religion, but I read enough to know which ones are attempting to encroach on my rights and which ones are not.

You know why Islamophobia is a term with legitimacy and 'Christophobia'  is not?

Most Christians I know have white skin and look like me. I can easily attack their beliefs, because despite the multitude of believers around the world,  most people associate Christianity with 'whiteness'.

Contrast that against Islam, which has a very Arabic origin and connection. Again, many people all over the world are Islamic, but because of the perceived association with a darker skin colour, any criticism of Islam by us westerners MUST be rooted in bigotry or racism by extension. 

I would like to say it's more complex than that but it's really that simple. People can really be that stupid. Politically correct people would sooner be radical Islamic apologists than be potentially labeled racists.

You mean much like apparently criticizing Israel is apparently now anti israeli or anti semetic?

Ya...

Love dat PC love

28 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Claiming Obama needs to provide her with security...come on.

While this guy is an absolute piece of work, this Pam woman is his mirror image.

Jail em both

I totally disagree with you on this one. Who has she said should be put to death? If she had he should be put to death do you not think Obama would be all over that? 

2 hours ago, Toews said:

Ok say we give them them the authority to go and hunt these people down and execute them. Now that they are done with ISIS, they move onto another group whose opinions they do not like. Gradually they progress to you and they now want to remove you after reading some of the comments you made about cops on CDC. So once we give them the exception to do whatever they want, when will they actually stop? Will they even want to stop? What's stopping someone from culling all dissenters in the guise of protecting society.

Our methods are what differentiates our society from their's. 

doesnt matter  this guys already in jail  hopefully he gets put in general population and gets dealt with.  guys that inspire this brand of islam deserve no mercy its sickenening.  In uk you can  say you hate the queen and non muslims  at rallies and you arent thrown out of country  and continue to collect welfare. mind boggling 

Archived