The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mail day!

thejazz97

5 hours ago, Kazmanian Devil said:

I'm kind of poor so I don't have many. Don't really like blank ones.

Jannik Hansen #36 - Current Home (bought it in like 2011, almost picked Kesler lol)

Harry Kane #10 - 15/16 Home (great season, warranted a purchase)

I also have a bunch of old fake Canucks jerseys from different eras that don't fit me anymore.

If I buy another one anytime soon it'll be Virtanen or Baertschi.

I was looking at getting a Spurs jersey (as they were on sale and bringing new kits in), but the shipping was going to be more than the shirt itself, so I decided against it.

17 hours ago, thejazz97 said:

I did too before I bought it. Oh well. I don't think it's a fake, but if it is, it is.

You're probably right, as I reacted at first not knowing the full story behind the brand. But for older stuff like that, if it's good quality and looks authentic then it probably is real. Apparently those specifically have been noted by fans as better quality than the Starter/Koho/CCM ones around that era, and certainly there isn't the profit margin for Chinese knock offs there is for the newer ones.

On 8/17/2016 at 5:26 PM, elvis15 said:

One season I think, for the 1999/2000 season. If so, shouldn't it have the NHL 2000 patch?

338f95ddb2fcd2c3fd7d43da93423d0c.jpg

I guess they could have had the basic replica versions without the patch as well.

AFAIK, the patch didn't come with the replica jerseys that season, only the retail authentics. Same went with CCM jerseys that season I believe

6 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

My ex had a blank of that jersey, and for her birthday I got her the full Bertuzzi name and number kit on it. Then of course the Moore thing happened, but best intentions.

Ahh that's gotta suck. That's kinda like how I got my Kesler jersey the year he got traded :P 

10 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

You could always get the nameplate replaced with Kesler or your maybe even your bf's last name next time you're in Vancouver.

My bf hates Kesler with a passion lol which is funny considering he didn't start watching Canucks with me 'til Kes was already gone. I told him Vrbata was on his way out but that's the jersey he wanted. I suggested Danny instead. 

Just now, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

My bf hates Kesler with a passion lol which is funny considering he didn't start watching Canucks with me 'til Kes was already gone. I told him Vrbata was on his way out but that's the jersey he wanted. I suggested Danny instead. 

He better not become a Yotes fan for Vrbata now :P 

-1 because you have a Kesler jersey.

Anyway, I have a ton of sports jersey, when I used to splurge myself. I stop buying jersey once I realize, I rarely wear them. Unless it's to a sporting event, which I rarely go to.

NHL 

- 1994 Trevor Linden Skate (Away, black)

- 2005 Markus Naslund Orca (Home, white)

- 2010 Alexander Edler Orca (Home, blue)

- 2009 Rick Nash (Home, blue)

- 2011 Jonathan Toews (Home, red)

- 2010 Milan Lucic (Home, black)

- 2010 Carey Price (Home, red)

- 2001 Canucks blank jersey (Alternate, maroon)

CHL

- Milan Lucic (Alternate, grey)

NBA

- Kevin Garnett Timberwolves (Away, blue)

- Steve Nash Suns (Alternate, Orange)

MLB 

- Roy Halladay Jays (Alternate, black)

- Brett Lawrie Jays (Home, blue)

2 hours ago, shiznak said:

-1 because you have a Kesler jersey.

Anyway, I have a ton of sports jersey, when I used to splurge myself. I stop buying jersey once I realize, I rarely wear them. Unless it's to a sporting event, which I rarely go to.

NHL 

- 1994 Trevor Linden Skate (Away, black)

- 2005 Markus Naslund Orca (Home, white)

- 2010 Alexander Edler Orca (Home, blue)

- 2009 Rick Nash (Home, blue)

- 2011 Jonathan Toews (Home, red)

- 2010 Milan Lucic (Home, black)

- 2010 Carey Price (Home, red)

- 2001 Canucks blank jersey (Alternate, maroon)

CHL

- Milan Lucic (Alternate, grey)

NBA

- Kevin Garnett Timberwolves (Away, blue)

- Steve Nash Suns (Alternate, Orange)

MLB 

- Roy Halladay Jays (Alternate, black)

- Brett Lawrie Jays (Home, blue)

That's an impressive collection.

I've kinda realized the same thing, but there's two more jerseys I'd like to add to my collection before I quit in a Naslund jersey (preferably WCE era) and a Regina Pats jersey. But yeah, it's a lot of money to put down for something I will rarely wear. 

5 hours ago, elvis15 said:

That's just insanity. If I get another, maybe Hutton, but he couldn't have been swayed to a Sedin at least?

I suggested Danny!!! (since I already own Henrik). He was fine with Danny, but always preferred Vrbata. Ultimately that's the one he asked for, and I delivered. His next jersey will be Markström later this year. Hopefully that will last longer! 

For what it's worth, we actually ran into a couple people with Vrby jerseys the last time we went to see the Canucks play in San Jose. 

Archived