The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

the Ryan Lochte's mess

aeromotacanucks

What do you think about Ryan Lochte's act?  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I understand your passion and emotion, I do.

We have stuff like this happen ... the Cdn flag has been put on the dressing floor of rival teams/countries at times...a very disrespectful move.  Happens.  Speaks volumes of those who do it, but it shouldn't escalate to become an international incident.  Because the world needs to go in a different direction.  Less focusing on fighting one another and more on  taking the high road.  If we're ever to reach a place of peace and stability, it starts with the little things and all of us embracing peace as the goal.  Sure, we can be strong and united but when we look to retaliate, it should only be as a last resort and defense, not because someone hurt our feelings.

If we look to kick ass every time something happens, we're in trouble.  EVEN if it comes from something of passion and emotion....we have to learn to put that aside and not create a "punch/fight" environment.

Again, I understand your being upset.  But fighting never solves anything and just reinforces an image that you're "fighting" against.

for example. SabreFan1 told me and my country to "Suck this one up"

really classy eh? really classy....

we´re angry because of what he did lying. Phelps was nice, as so as Bolt is...

but the these 4 were douchebags. we deserve a REAL APOLOGY from these 4...

3 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I understand your passion and emotion, I do.

We have stuff like this happen ... the Cdn flag has been put on the dressing floor of rival teams/countries at times...a very disrespectful move.  Happens.  Speaks volumes of those who do it, but it shouldn't escalate to become an international incident.  Because the world needs to go in a different direction.  Less focusing on fighting one another and more on  taking the high road. 

This part in particular. There are a lot of countries that appear to be far past the point of no return, there are those that can and should be the example of what the world SHOULD strive towards.

That's not saying that any one country has is right, but there are certainly countries that strive for peace. Losing one's sh*t and calling for this to be the "end of their career" and "hate, hate, hate" over a jock getting drunk and then, *gasp*, acting like everyone expects him to, is really taking it to the next level.

3 minutes ago, aeromotacanucks said:

As an American, I condemn his behavior. 

But seriously.  C'mon, man.  You're being ridiculous. 

Well, then I'll tell you the same thing my parents told me when I was a child and what I'll tell my child once she's born and old enough to understand:

"Nobody deserves sh*t. Move on".

1 minute ago, aeromotacanucks said:

except when Airbus is offering a better product for a cheaper cost ending a 65 years of Boeing dominance in Brazil...

sure. but one tip. Zika is a very fast spreading. Florida is hot, as so Texas and California. and americans love let standed water...

"Why would US attack Russia or China?"

not so tought when the other country can fight back hein?

If Airbus will offer a better product at a lesser price then Brazil is going to buy it anyways no matter what Lochte said.  That's basic economics.

I know what Zika is and I also know that the US has multi-billion dollar greedy pharmaceutical companies that will create treatments for it if the profit is there.  If they do then Brazil will also want the same medicine.

Not attacking Russia and China has nothing to do with toughness.  Russia said decades ago that any conventional major attack on their homeland would result in nuclear war.  Look up the term, "mutually assured destruction."

7 minutes ago, aeromotacanucks said:

I am so going to start trolling you soon...  :lol:

Just now, aeromotacanucks said:

we will have our apology from these 4. we will have that thing...

Having it and you saying you "deserve" are two separate things.

Two words I despise that are told us that are fairy tales are "deserve" and "fair". You don't deserve an apology.

Whether you get your apology from "these 4" or not, that shouldn't matter to you. Control what you can do and how you act. If one responds with stupidity (ie: he shouldn't have a career anymore because of this), you are hardly being a positive example.

Here's what I want to say, with absolutely nothing but respect for you as someone I've enjoyed interacting with.

You demand respect for your country but need to lead by example.  "'murcans" and the hatred being spewed is not in line with that.  You honestly need to take the emotion out and be the change you want to see.

You are condemning the actions of these guys for trashing and projecting a bad image of your country.  So why is it that doing the same in reaction to that is acceptable?

It is not.  I'd like to foster a togetherness that doesn't divide us and them.  That the idiots who act out don't get us to follow their lead and act accordingly.  That, in taking the high road, we all learn to let things go vs pouncing.  We all will benefit from that.

I was very much like you....so passionate about my country that it could cross over into hostile.  It isnt pretty or becoming.  It doesn't help flatter our respective countries, it presents the very image that we're trying to shed/protect against.

So please, let's not allow this thread to veer into the ugly.  Turn it around and let's come up with creative solutions, not an excuse to spew hatred.  :)

5 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

If Airbus will offer a better product at a lesser price then Brazil is going to buy it anyways no matter what Lochte said.  That's basic economics.

I know what Zika is and I also know that the US has multi-billion dollar greedy pharmaceutical companies that will create treatments for it if the profit is there.  If they do then Brazil will also want the same medicine.

Not attacking Russia and China has nothing to do with toughness.  Russia said decades ago that any conventional major attack on their homeland would result in nuclear war.  Look up the term, "mutually assured destruction."

but somehow USA still invades middle east...

even people is ISRAEL are angry with this racist egomaniac US behaviour...

1 minute ago, aeromotacanucks said:

try troll me murican...

I will remember to your country the TRILLIONS of US dollars that USA needs to pay to China...

What does paying a legal debt have to do with this?

Stay on topic.

but somehow USA still invades middle east...

even people is ISRAEL are angry with this racist egomaniac US behaviour...

Please get back on (your own) topic.

This was a group of guys, not a country.  So let's reel it in please/thanks.

try troll me murican...

I will remember to your country the TRILLIONS of US dollars that USA needs to pay to China...

Wow, you are most definitely ignorant.  The USA owes China just over $1 Trillion.  China is also selling those debt bonds at a record rate because their own economy is headed downwards.

I'll forgive you though.  Even though you are bi-lingual, your country's educational system ranks 26 spots below the United State's.  I can't expect you to know what's going on in the world at large.

http://www.edudemic.com/learning-curve-report-education/

1 minute ago, Monty said:

What does paying a legal debt have to do with this?

Stay on topic.

the guy tell he will troll me?

well. we are very used with dirty fights. we have a troll government for 13 years...

these 4 represent the bad side of USA. arrogance, lack of diplomacy, lie when they can tell the true...

Phelps represented the good USA. patriotic yes, but recognised that other countries do good things...

he even took his 3 month old baby. to Brazilians means "wow. this guy brings his baby here. he´s a good man"

being diplomatic means you undertand what other people from other countries think...

well. we are very used with dirty fights. we have a troll government for 13 years...

these 4 represent the bad side of USA. arrogance, lack of diplomacy, lie when they can tell the true...

Phelps represented the good USA. patriotic yes, but recognised that other countries do good things...

he even took his 3 month old baby. to Brazilians means "wow. this guy brings his baby here. he´s a good man"

being diplomatic means you undertand what other people from other countries think...

Exactly, 4 guys. And while they, along with Hope Solo, represented the ugly side, they are still not the majority of the US Olympic athletes in Rio. More importantly, I'm willing to bet they are incredibly ashamed of their Olympic counterparts for their actions.

But just because a few choose to let their ugly side out, that is not an invitation to let ours out. THAT, is not classy. It's actually a lot more ugly.

8 minutes ago, aeromotacanucks said:

The majority of people are the "good" so you can't assign nationality to the "bad" and be immune from it.  There are good/bad everywhere.

And Lochte could be a good guy who made a bad decision...we can't decide based on one (drunken) night. 

We're too quick to do that and it is exactly what this is about for you...that these guys lied and projected a negative image but you don't reflect it back in response.  It turns into a "my country's better than yours". 

Most people will base opinions on their experiences, NOT on what a group of clowns says/does.  So rest assured that it's up to you to help reinforce the positives about your beautiful country, NOT to reinforce the bad.   Being an ambassador should not be from a place of "we hate you" or want to fight.  That doesn't project a positive image (either).  It was a dumbass thing that they did, but let's not blow it out of proportion or to an international level.

1 minute ago, SabreFan1 said:

Wow, you are most definitely ignorant.  The USA owes China just over $1 Trillion.  China is also selling those debt bonds at a record rate because their own economy is headed downwards.

I'll forgive you though.  Even though you are bi-lingual, your country's educational system ranks 26 spots below the United State's.  I can't expect you to know what's going on in the world at large.

http://www.edudemic.com/learning-curve-report-education/

I know more about US politics than you racist idiot...

how about the Flint water? sounds pretty clean there right? clean as pure mineral water...

filled with lead...

I´m not bi-lingual you racist. since portuguese,spanish,french, italian and romanian have the same origin (LATIN) I understand spanish perfectly, and so as french and italian. many words are similar on these languages and the grammar don´t change that much...

USA has a high rank status because you invest in tecnology, but also invade other nations to steal their resources...

how about your $&!#ty biofuel program?!

we have ours SINCE 1970! we run our cars will etanol and make 20km/L. the biggest buyer of our ETANOL is USA with more than 500tons a month because USA cannot produce biofuel enought...

we also barely burn coal to  produce energy. we have a ton of rivers and we generate energy from them. RENEWABLE ENERGY 

keep your HOOVER DAM. we have ITAIPU. the 2nd largest powerplant on earth. with that giant alone we produce energy for HALF of Brazil, and the ENTIRE ENERGY CONSUMED BY PARAGUAY...

and how about the Embraer jets that Delta, AA and JetBlue like so much...

oh yeah. the founder of WesJet and JetBlue? that Mormom from Utah?

guess what. He´s Brazilian! from Natal...

Archived