The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Valeri Nichuskin

Its been in the news that valeri nichuskin and the dallas stars arent having very good negotiations and that he might be looking for a move back to the KHL. He was a former first round pick put his stock seems to be very low. So i propose...

To canucks.          To stars 

Nichuskin.             2nd round pick 

Reason: he might turn out like beartschi

Tell me what you think and have a great day.

love to have him, but Nill isn't letting him go for a mere 2nd especially not to the canucks.  Unless of course he's 100% positive Val leaves for the KHL post haste in which case he shoves him down our throats and giggles about it

Yeah, maybe we shouldn't make trades with DAL. Nil will try and stick it to the Canucks every chance he gets. There are 28 other teams to make deals with (soon to be 29). DAL backed out of the Hamhuis trade and then got him for free anyway. Smart GMing on Nil's part, but aggravating for the Canucks and their fans. I hope Hudler sucks this year. 

Just now, King Heffy said:

Worth the risk.  Upside is we get a useful player.  Worst case scenario, we clear a roster spot for one of our prospects like Gaunce.

Yup, go get the guy JB.  He's a winger, right?  Play him with Bo.  Bo can watch the d side of the game, allowing Kush to be creative. Hell, they could be really good together, ya think?

23 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup, go get the guy JB.  He's a winger, right?  Play him with Bo.  Bo can watch the d side of the game, allowing Kush to be creative. Hell, they could be really good together, ya think?

didn't willie D say that he wanted Bo to play with defensive minded player? i thought thats the main reason why he doesn't want him and baer on the same line.

2 minutes ago, numb3r 16 said:

didn't willie D say that he wanted Bo to play with defensive minded player? i thought thats the main reason why he doesn't want him and baer on the same line.

WD said that?  What a friggin stupid thing for him to say.  Bo should ABSOLUTELY, play with elite skill.  

5 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Yeah, maybe we shouldn't make trades with DAL. Nil will try and stick it to the Canucks every chance he gets. There are 28 other teams to make deals with (soon to be 29). DAL backed out of the Hamhuis trade and then got him for free anyway. Smart GMing on Nil's part, but aggravating for the Canucks and their fans. I hope Hudler sucks this year. 

Smart?  He gave up quite a bit to get Russell who did nothing for him in terms of winning in the playoffs and then gives up on him who he thought was worth more and then signs Hamhuis. 

Baertschi - Horvat/Sutter - Nichushkin could be money. I'd even try him with the Sedins to spread the scoring/experince out. An offer sheet would be deadly for our future, so a trade is by far the best route to take. And when you think about it, Nichushkin is exactly the kind of player Benning is looking for, outside of the "proven player" part. 

For a 2nd rounder who would you rather trade for nichushkin or yakupov? 

Nichushkin has been rumoured to be wanting to go the khl. Yak I think is more keen on playing in the nhl then his counterpart. Also I'm sure yak would be very motivated to play for the Canucks, the same team that his favourite player growing up, pavel bure, played for. 

Sedin-sedin-eriksson

yakupov-sutter-Hansen

baerstchi-horvat-virtanen

etem-granlund-dorsett

burrows

yak is a project and enigmatic but he has more upside then vey or baertchi had when they were dealt for 2nd rounders. It's hard to judge him when he was obviously put in a pretty bad situation in Edm, so under proper nhl guidance from the sedins, sutter and others I think he could put up 30 goals and 60 points in a year or two...or he'll be a flop 

13 hours ago, billabong said:

I wouldn't mind taking a chance on either to be honest.  But one thing we do want to consider is expansion draft.  Bringing in either two also means we need to use a spot to protect them, which means players Hansen and Rodin get left unprotected.   

The expansion draft adds another element to the proposals section.  Bringing in one player might mean that another player gets lost for nothing. 

8 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

I wouldn't mind taking a chance on either to be honest.  But one thing we do want to consider is expansion draft.  Bringing in either two also means we need to use a spot to protect them, which means players Hansen and Rodin get left unprotected.   

The expansion draft adds another element to the proposals section.  Bringing in one player might mean that another player gets lost for nothing. 

yes fair point but im aware. i bet it will hurt trade activity till the expansion draft is over.

sedin

sedin

horvat

sutter

yakupov

eriksson

baertschi

edler

tanev 

gudbranson

markstrom

i think thats exposing hansen, dorsett, granlund, sbisa and gaunce. only losing hansen would suck, but the rest are easily replaceable 

33 minutes ago, billabong said:

yes fair point but im aware. i bet it will hurt trade activity till the expansion draft is over.

sedin

sedin

horvat

sutter

yakupov

eriksson

baertschi

edler

tanev 

gudbranson

markstrom

i think thats exposing hansen, dorsett, granlund, sbisa and gaunce. only losing hansen would suck, but the rest are easily replaceable 

Dorsett, replaceable?  :lol:. That's like saying bears live in the woods.  

On 8/28/2016 at 9:31 PM, billabong said:

Nichushkin has been rumoured to be wanting to go the khl. Yak I think is more keen on playing in the nhl then his counterpart. Also I'm sure yak would be very motivated to play for the Canucks, the same team that his favourite player growing up, pavel bure, played for. 

Sedin-sedin-eriksson

yakupov-sutter-Hansen

baerstchi-horvat-virtanen

etem-granlund-dorsett

burrows

yak is a project and enigmatic but he has more upside then vey or baertchi had when they were dealt for 2nd rounders. It's hard to judge him when he was obviously put in a pretty bad situation in Edm, so under proper nhl guidance from the sedins, sutter and others I think he could put up 30 goals and 60 points in a year or two...or he'll be a flop 

Problem with Yak is he had a good rookie season, followed by a sophomore slump that lasted lasted two seasons. Instead of turning things back aground he has continued to trend downward. I am worried that his development is messed up. That said, playing on a line with Baertshi & Horvat where all three players are skilled and at a fairly equal level might be a good situation for him. 

Nichushkin on the other hand hasn't really shown much in the NHL and lost almost an entire season due to injury. I would say at this stage he is far more of an unknown with just 166 games under his belt. 

In my uneducated opinion, I think Nichuskin has a better chance of being a solid contributor (based on skill & size alone), whereas Yakupov is far more boom/bust. Given Yakupov is more likely to stay in NA, I think he would be my pick out of the two. 

Yakupov played junior hockey in Canada - that makes a huge difference. 

Archived