The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) getting that LWer

I know i just made a proposal but its summer and im dying of boredom plus another idea popped into my head bcuz we still need a top line left winger for this season. So this is my suggestion... 

Trade: 

To canucks.                To avalanche 

Landeskog.                 Edler 

Etem 

2nd 

Sign russell to 1 years 3-3.5 million per season

Line-up: 

Sedins eriksson

Landeskog sutter hansen

Baetrschi horvat rodin

Burrows granlund dorsett 

Russell tanev 

Hutton gudbranson 

Sbisa tryamkin 

REASON: 1) trading edler would damage the defence we just made stronger but trading him for landeskog gives us a younger better player for seasons to come. 

2) ik russell isnt first pairing but he'll give hutton time to mature on the 2nd pairing. Russell would be a quick fix until canucks can replace him with OJ next year. 

1 minute ago, orcasgonewild said:

I know i just made a proposal but its summer and im dying of boredom plus another idea popped into my head bcuz we still need a top line left winger for this season. So this is my suggestion... 

Trade: 

To canucks.                To avalanche 

Landeskog.                 Edler 

Etem 

2nd 

Sign russell to 1 years 3-3.5 million per season

Line-up: 

Sedins eriksson

Landeskog sutter hansen

Baetrschi horvat rodin

Burrows granlund dorsett 

Russell tanev 

Hutton gudbranson 

Sbisa tryamkin 

REASON: 1) trading edler would damage the defence we just made stronger but trading him for landeskog gives us a younger better player for seasons to come. 

2) ik russell isnt first pairing but he'll give hutton time to mature on the 2nd pairing. Russell would be a quick fix until canucks can replace him with OJ next year. 

It's a really good proposal.  It makes excellent sense for us.  However, don't you think Colorado would insist on Tanev?

20 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It's a really good proposal.  It makes excellent sense for us.  However, don't you think Colorado would insist on Tanev?

I think they would but i think hes one of our untouchables right now and that edler is a great player too that also shouldnt be over looked by them 

1 minute ago, orcasgonewild said:

I think they would but i think hes one of our untouchables right now and that edler is a great player too that also shouldnt be over looked by them 

Edler Buffuglin would make for one hell of a number one pair, don't you think?  Actually, the more I picture those two together, the more I think the Pig would want Edler.  

Just now, Alflives said:

Edler Buffuglin would make for one hell of a number one pair, don't you think?  Actually, the more I picture those two together, the more I think the Pig would want Edler.  

Hey i agreeee that would be solid. Do u think trading edler plus draft picks for trouba would be a good deal 

22 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Why in the living hell would Edler want to waive his NTC for WINNIPEG!?

24 minutes ago, orcasgonewild said:

Hey i agreeee that would be solid. Do u think trading edler plus draft picks for trouba would be a good deal 

Winnipeg. NTC. 

17 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup.  and then how about trading Trouba or Tanev for an elite young forward.  

Alf, stop trying to trade away our already questionable defense. Trading Tanev is a terrible idea, unless JB's robbing a team blind.

3 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Why in the living hell would Edler want to waive his NTC for WINNIPEG!?

Winnipeg. NTC. 

Alf, stop trying to trade away our already questionable defense. Trading Tanev is a terrible idea, unless JB's robbing a team blind.

I dont see why edler wouldnt waive for Winnipeg, they have some of the best up and coming prospects in the league 

19 hours ago, orcasgonewild said:

I dont see why edler wouldnt waive for Winnipeg, they have some of the best up and coming prospects in the league 

Whoa, I don't really know where to start... How about-

Have you been to Winnipeg?

Would you like to live there?

Two seasons there, bud - Giant bugs and cold, really cold.

21 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Two seasons there, bud - Giant muthaf%$#&ing bugs and cold, really cold.

1)I have been to winnipeg. 

2)technically your not living in winnipeg bcuz the teams always on the move unless the teams doing a long home stand. 

3) toronto, montreal, NY are all cold too but that doesnt stop players from going there. 

4) some players would love a chance to go to a competative team and winnipeg will be that in a couple years if not next year. 

5) just bcuz ur wimpy with cold weather doesnt mean edler is. Plus sweden can be quite cold too. And for the bugs... mommy can always squash them for u LOL jk

I appreciate ur criticisms, have a nice day.

1 hour ago, luckylager said:

Two seasons there, bud - Giant muthaf%$#&ing bugs and cold, really cold.

I grew up in the 'peg.  Best thing about Winnipeg was leaving.  Sorry Monty...I know how much you love Winnipeg...but it doesn't come close to living in the lower mainland (just my opinion).

I say we're in a position to wait for this LW addition.It will be our standings after Xmas which  I think will determine if we really need a higher price LW. 

We got better with Ericksson. The next forward we can shop for while we appraise our young players we do have.

The TD might be good timing for us this year. If anything only a PTO might suffice for now.

Let Kane/Landeskog play out. Their obviously waiting for the highest price for those two.

7 hours ago, Alflives said:

For the Canucks but Colorado fans would be calling for Sakic's head. Landeskog will easily fetch a first round pick.

Archived