The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Things that annoy you.

Rate this topic

numb3r 16

55 minutes ago, One one two said:

The seats are there if they need them, and if they need them they need only ask. Unless the disabled/elderly person happens to be mute (which is also a one-in-a-million instance) there should be no problem. You're not above making requests from people once you hit a certain age, and nobody who doesn't need the seat would refuse to give it up when asked to. I really don't see what the problem is.

e: I get pretty annoyed when people think something's broken because they need to say a few words to someone for a minor problem in their day to be fixed.

Thank you for further supporting my point. I can guarantee you are under the age of 25. I am too and I run into people with your mindset on the daily. Makes me sick. 

It's called mutual respect. Clearly you've never been taught or grasped the concept.

That same mutual respect stops seniors from asking for that seat too. Showing respect and humility requires no words.

Grow up. 

• Upvote 3
28 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

Thank you for further supporting my point. I can guarantee you are under the age of 25. I am too and I run into people with your mindset on the daily. Makes me sick. 

It's called mutual respect. Clearly you've never been taught or grasped the concept.

That same mutual respect stops seniors from asking for that seat too. Showing respect and humility requires no words.

Grow up. 

I guess we'll have to respectfully disagree. If someone needs a seat they can get it. Words aren't hard and this is really a non-issue imo.

• Upvote 3
5 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

Because its a young persons world..young peoples views and comments are all that really matter..I say imprison all older people and starve them to death.

Yeah, what could them older people possibly have to add or contribute to society, eh? Just remove 'em and let the arrogance of youth try running the world for awhile. Then nobody will ever have to worry about anything ever again.

*And lest it be construed by some (as it most assuredly will be) as being serious, Sarcasometer is in the red.

Edited by Cerridwen
  • Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

Yeah, what could them older people possibly have to add or contribute to society, eh? Just remove 'em and let the arrogance of youth try running the world for awhile. Then nobody will ever have to worry about anything ever again.

*And lest it be construed by some (as it most assuredly will be) as being serious, Sarcasometer is in the red.

Lucky Luciano could be the spokesman for the youth.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, One one two said:

The seats are there if they need them, and if they need them they need only ask. Unless the disabled/elderly person happens to be mute (which is also a one-in-a-million instance) there should be no problem. You're not above making requests from people once you hit a certain age, and nobody who doesn't need the seat would refuse to give it up when asked to. I really don't see what the problem is.

e: I get pretty annoyed when people think something's broken because they need to say a few words to someone for a minor problem in their day to be fixed.

1 hour ago, Kazmanian Devil said:

Old people

Old people driving

Old people on CDC

Wow to both of you... At 31 I by no means consider myself to be old and would still think as myself as a "younger person", but obviously we were taught very differently growing up. I was always taught to respect my elders and I would always offer my seat to an elderly person and they would NEVER have to ask first. And to actually complain about older people as if they aren't entitled to the same respect as the rest of us? They're entitled to MORE. Sounds like both of you need to grow up and show some respect. It's younger people like yourselves that give us younger generations a bad reputation. Not enough parents teaching their kids to be respectful obviously. An entitled society which will only get worse as time goes on. Sad...

• Upvote 3
3 minutes ago, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

Wow to both of you... At 31 I by no means consider myself to be old and would still think as myself as a "younger person", but obviously we were taught very differently growing up. I was always taught to respect my elders and I would always offer my seat to an elderly person and they would NEVER have to ask first. And to actually complain about older people as if they aren't entitled to the same respect as the rest of us? They're entitled to MORE. Sounds like both of you need to grow up and show some respect. It's younger people like yourselves that give us younger generations a bad reputation. Not enough parents teaching their kids to be respectful obviously. An entitled society which will only get worse as time goes on. Sad...

Hey now- you don't know me and I'd appreciate not having my character insulted because I believe people can politely speak up for themselves.

• Upvote 3
3 hours ago, One one two said:

1 minute ago, One one two said:

Hey now- you don't know me and I'd appreciate not having my character insulted because I believe people can politely speak up for themselves.

I'd say by your opinions above that I know enough that my opinion still stands. 

• Upvote 3
4 minutes ago, One one two said:

You really don't. I can see why you would disagree with the post, but I'm not sure where the attacks on my character come from.

You may be partly guilty by association of the other guys post which is to unreal to be true and if true..he needs a big attitude adjustment....but why you would say that the elderly and handicapped would have to ask you for your seat rather than have you offer it like a normal person would is beyond me.

• Upvote 3
13 minutes ago, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

The fact that you would not get up so an elderly person could sit down unless they asked you to shows poor character IMO. That is currently the only part of your character I am referring to. It's a kind of respect I feel society has lost in the younger generations. An opinion that your views have only reinforced.

Out of +s at the moment but I'll be back to add one to this post. Well said.

16 minutes ago, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

The fact that you would not get up so an elderly person could sit down unless they asked you to shows poor character IMO. That is currently the only part of your character I am referring to. It's a kind of respect I feel society has lost in the younger generations. An opinion that your views have only reinforced.

I don't think the older generation should have things just handed to it.