The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Things that annoy you.

Rate this topic

numb3r 16

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

When you cross a crosswalk and someone turns right behind you before you exit the crosswalk.  That happened to me again yesterday but the moron didn't realize he had a cop behind him.... Busted. 

How great does it feel to see them pulled over though?

Using the word "seen" improperly. example "I seen the Royals play". That is either "I've seen" or "I saw", "seen" can not be used immediately after "I"

When you’re riding your bike in the bike lane and a driver thinks he can turn right into the side street in front of you and you almost crash into the side of the car.  Then he looks back through the mirror knowing what an asshole move he just made.  And cars are faster than bikes so you can’t go after the guy and rip his head off.

• Cheers 1
12 minutes ago, MattJVD said:

How great does it feel to see them pulled over though?

Pretty satisfying.  This douche checked all the boxes:

• Atrocious music
  • lowered civic
  • loud exhaust
  • barely had his head above the dash board
  • when he turned he missed me by 1 foot, he knew what he was doing.

I had my back turned and just shook my head, I didn't see the cop either until I heard him roaring through the turn.  I gave the cop the thumbs up as he pulled him over.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, riffraff said:

When you’re riding your bike in the bike lane and a driver thinks he can turn right into the side street in front of you and you almost crash into the side of the car.  Then he looks back through the mirror knowing what an asshole move he just made.  And cars are faster than bikes so you can’t go after the guy and rip his head off.

I feel ya, Riff!

I bike to work every day and have had idiots pull that exact move on me quite a few times. 

One day I'm just gonna ghost ride my bike into their passenger door.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, luckylager said:

I feel ya, Riff!

I bike to work every day and have had idiots pull that exact move on me quite a few times. 

Yes!!!!!

Im extra conscious at being a considerate road safe biker too as many annoy me.

i drive a big pickup and those windy island backroads you really gotta watch for bikers.

• Cheers 1
3 hours ago, luckylager said:

I feel ya, Riff!

part of the problem tho is our streets are pretty much designed for cars to hit people on bikes. I've shoulder checked, gone to turn, and some guy going super fast nearly got hit and I'm always trying to look out for people in the bike lane, sometimes they are going so fast you can miss seeing them.

Bike lanes need to be separated by a real barrier. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
24 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

part of the problem tho is our streets are pretty much designed for cars to hit people on bikes. I've shoulder checked, gone to turn, and some guy going super fast nearly got hit and I'm always trying to look out for people in the bike lane, sometimes they are going so fast you can miss seeing them.

Bike lanes need to be separated by a real barrier

separated bike lanes have made the problem worse in Victoria because drivers either can't read, don't understand what "no right turn on red" means or properly identify a red light and illegal turn signage.

32 minutes ago, luckylager said:

separated bike lanes have made the problem worse in Victoria because drivers either can't read, don't understand what "no right turn on red" means or properly identify a red light and illegal turn signage.

well something has to change, a car will always beat a bike in an accident. 

26 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

well something has to change, a car will always beat a bike in an accident. 

The biggest mistake made when installing the bike lanes was a lack of driver and cyclist education on how to use the lanes, and why there are three sets of traffic lights at a lot of downtown intersections, which light is whose, when etc.

As a cyclist, I absolutely hate them. As a driver I hate them even more because you get a 5 second window to turn right onto 3 of our busiest streets.

12 minutes ago, luckylager said:

The biggest mistake made when installing the bike lanes was a lack of driver and cyclist education on how to use the lanes, and why there are three sets of traffic lights at a lot of downtown intersections, which light is whose, when etc.

As a cyclist, I absolutely hate them. As a driver I hate them even more because you get a 5 second window to turn right onto 3 of our busiest streets.

ugh. Why invest all that and screw up the education piece?