The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Things that annoy you.

Rate this topic

numb3r 16

Mostly Driving

- Not using your indicator ....why does it have to be a secret where you are going? 

- Using a turning lane to pass on the right, and clogging it up when you come to a red light preventing those behind from turning.

- not respecting a merge lane or merging way too soon...its a zipper idea people.

- Get off your phone, if you sneak looks at your phone you're a loser, get off your phone, get off your freakin phone. You losers...get off the phone! seriously, off.

- Constructions sites, really city? can we get just some kind of coordination on which ones can shut down a lane at any given time, there are 4 towers going up within two blocks near me. Insane some days with detours etc..

- flicking your butts out the window, actually flicking your butts anywhere, why do you stinky mofo's get to litter?

-big trucks with little men ( well some of you are like this) I know my car is small, but I am not, stop trying to bully and tailgate me. I do enjoy the looks on some of these tough guys faces when they think they're about to pull up and mean mug  a soccer mom, just to see my gnarly mush growling back at them.

- Pacific street east bound perma-speed trap in the Westend. It's 30k, they are out every second day. Your welcome to the lady in the Range Rover that was screaming at me for going the limit in front of her...until she saw why. Got to give her credit, she pulled up beside me, said sorry and thanked me cause she knows she would have received a ticket.

- Move up, too many people will leave tonnes of room in a line up letting the person behind them sit in the intersection.

- Pedestrians, don't be Dead Right. you will lose vs a vehicle whether it was your fault or not.

I could go on forever...I drive the city daily. 

• Upvote 2
8 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Mostly Driving

- Not using your indicator ....why does it have to be a secret where you are going? 

- Using a turning lane to pass on the right, and clogging it up when you come to a red light preventing those behind from turning.

- not respecting a merge lane or merging way too soon...its a zipper idea people.

- Get off your phone, if you sneak looks at your phone you're a loser, get off your phone, get off your freakin phone. You losers...get off the phone! seriously, off.

- Constructions sites, really city? can we get just some kind of coordination on which ones can shut down a lane at any given time, there are 4 towers going up within two blocks near me. Insane some days with detours etc..

- flicking your butts out the window, actually flicking your butts anywhere, why do you stinky mofo's get to litter?

-big trucks with little men ( well some of you are like this) I know my car is small, but I am not, stop trying to bully and tailgate me. I do enjoy the looks on some of these tough guys faces when they think they're about to pull up and mean mug  a soccer mom, just to see my gnarly mush growling back at them.

- Pacific street east bound perma-speed trap in the Westend. It's 30k, they are out every second day. Your welcome to the lady in the Range Rover that was screaming at me for going the limit in front of her...until she saw why. Got to give her credit, she pulled up beside me, said sorry and thanked me cause she knows she would have received a ticket.

- Move up, too many people will leave tonnes of room in a line up letting the person behind them sit in the intersection.

- Pedestrians, don't be Dead Right. you will lose vs a vehicle whether it was your fault or not.

Wow I don’t miss that at all.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Mostly Driving

I understand now , how the skidder opportunity appeals to you. , I've lived in van twice . 80,  88,  both times moved back north , love downtown though ,couldn't do it full time , spending the time looking for a parking just doesnt do it for me. I remember paying for a parking ticket somewhere around powell and main area only to come out of the building to find another ticket on my windshield , haha ,that parking spot took 3, 4 circles around the block , my rear tire was slightly on a yellow line ,  

The news media,they have stories like,

1.robbery mayhem.

2.political B.S.

3.Murder mayhem.

4.immigrants.

5.SOME CELEBRITY B.S. who cares,tell the real news.

6.and every media outlet has  "AN ANIMAL STORY".check it I tell the truth.

CORPORATE MEDIA, JUST THE WORST,BELIEVE HALF OF IT,JUST SOOO CORRUPT.

Edited by DADDYROCK
  • Upvote 1
12 hours ago, riffraff said:

Wow I don’t miss that at all.

12 hours ago, chon derry said:

I understand now , how the skidder opportunity appeals to you. , I've lived in van twice . 80,  88,  both times moved back north , love downtown though ,couldn't do it full time , spending the time looking for a parking just doesnt do it for me. I remember paying for a parking ticket somewhere around powell and main area only to come out of the building to find another ticket on my windshield , haha ,that parking spot took 3, 4 circles around the block , my rear tire was slightly on a yellow line ,  

Yep, can not wait to move back to Vancouver Isl later this year.

I love Vancouver but I'm over the busy life. The little light in the palm of my hand is starting to flash like I'm in Logan's Run.....gotta get out!

BCLDB - bought some green that was package on August 1st, seal broken, it's as good as powder.  So inquired about a refund/return and was told basically nah, you can try sending it back but you wont get it back nor a refund.  People are going to go back to the black market if crap like this continues. 

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Yep, can not wait to move back to Vancouver Isl later this year.

I love Vancouver but I'm over the busy life. The little light in the palm of my hand is starting to flash like I'm in Logan's Run.....gotta get out!

I remember driving from Seymour area to Burnaby winter club for example, in 15 minutes back in the minor hockey days.

two of my friends have moved up here from NV in the last two years for the same reasons you describe.  Good luck.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

BCLDB - bought some green that was package on August 1st, seal broken, it's as good as powder.  So inquired about a refund/return and was told basically nah, you can try sending it back but you wont get it back nor a refund.  People are going to go back to the black market if crap like this continues. 

Form what I’ve heard it’s alive and well.

5 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

They have screwed it up big time so far.

Useless, they can't distribute alcohol in any decent fashion and now they are f'ing weed up royally.

They had 2 years to prepare and how many shops are open? It's like they are in league with the black market...supply, convenience and pricing through the gov is the pits. Probably better to stick with an old school dealer.

And what about edibles? ....can we figure the legality out for that properly please?

THC beverages will be a big thing one day. When it comes you will have to buy that from a dispensary. This sucks if you also want to pick up booze, you have to stop at two locations for your beverages.. They could have put the recreational Mary products in the liquor stores and perhaps have a few medical marijuana outlets for those that don't want/can't be around booze. Ordering online isn't desirable for everyone either, people often want to discuss the product, see it, smell it.

Then there are the hybrid products, THC infused alcohol, as gross as that may sound they are in development. In this case it would be illegal to sell this product in a liquor store or a dispensary due to licensing even though both drugs are now legal.

• Cheers 2

The Seattle viaduct closed a few weeks ago.  Traffic has been re-routed, and the new tunnel has not opened, so pretty much the traffic is worse with the alternate routes.  I'm sure Vancouver traffic is bad too.  But tonight is the highlight of the bad traffic. Where I live, you cross a bridge to get to work and back, and the buses take the lower part of the bridge as part of the re-routed.  So tonight, there was something wrong with the lower part and we could not cross, stuck in traffic.  Then we got the opportunity to take a turn to turn around.  We have no idea where we are going.  I think it's a race against other cars and buses to get to the upper part of the bridge!  Race race!

Now we are on i5. We are getting the tour of Seattle... Skyline, different areas, some guy pounding on the bus window.

Edited by brilac

Legalizing pot and letting the control go to the government,GEEZ WHAT AN ABSOLUTE JOKE! Just shows how really incompetent the government is.

Once again showing the well being of the people is the furthest thing from the minds of inept politicians,but it's all about the money.

Just look who the people are behind big money in pot production,the same people (ex-cops,ex-politicians etc.) who have tried to stop it for years.TYPICAL CORRUPTION!

Using 'LOL'

When something is not funny.

Example:

Whatever bud, keep believing in everything MSM tells you, take the red pill. LOL.

In this case, someone might be pointing out how scary and corrupt the MSM is and that they are part of a system of control....then they follow that with laughing out loud?

That's just so weird, which is why its annoying...If you believe that wild scary stuff, then how in the world is it funny!?!

Now, somebody better quote me and respond with a simple 'LOL' .Cause, well that would be a good example of funny.

I don't know why I am giggling at this:

We're sorry, your flight has been canceled.

And they spelled 'canceled' wrong. Or I guess it's spelled both ways. 

I am not really annoyed.  I mean, all the news stations say there is going to be a snow storm on Friday evening and Saturday.  So the airline cancelled the 8am flight for Saturday, and put us on the 10:45am flight going down to San Francisco.  

I was expecting the flight to be cancelled, having the airline wait til Friday evening to notify us, but that was nice of them to think ahead, and notify us on Wednesday, instead of Friday. And they even sent a text message followed by an email notifying us.  That's so nice of them to send text messages. 

My mother and I decided already that we were not going to fly  to San Francisco on Saturday due to the weather report and possibly having trouble getting back the same day due to snow, and that we were taking a late evening flight back, and they could possibly cancel it due to weather in Seattle.  The plan was to wait for the airline to cancel the flight, and then call them to have the flight credited back, instead of calling them before it was cancelled.  

The 10:45am flight really does not work for us.  So I will call them tomorrow.  I am curious why they cancelled the flight... Once I was at the airport, and the flight was delayed, and I thought it was due to fog, but I was curious.  So I went up to the agent and asked why.  And it was due to a First Commander not showing up, so it was delayed by a few hours, and once we landed, I ran to the train as we got off the plane in San Francisco because I had a ticket to Alcatraz and didn't want to miss it.  So I got on the train, and got off downtown, and lucky for me, there was a cab there, and I got in the cab, and got to the terminal 5 minutes before the cut off time for departure.  

So yeah, I will call them tomorrow.  We don't want to take the 10:45am flight and then have it delayed if it is snowing, and just want the cost of the airfare credited back to us, and then maybe we will go down to San Francisco at the end of March or April.   

Oh yeah, and my mother owes me for 2 bottles of champagne and candy.  She recently bribed me with that to call the airline, and with the excuse - 'You're so good at speaking with them.'  And I'm like - 'They give me a headache, and even a more of a headache after getting off the phone with them.'

Oh yeah, even more giggles:

We take our promise to provide you with an exceptional travel experience very seriously and sincerely regret letting you down today.

But the most giggling thing about it is, they always let me down.  

Edited by brilac

People who have long, loud, obnoxious cell phone conversations while on public transit. 

I ride my bike to work 99% of the time and enjoy it.

Unfortunately, on Monday I crashed because of some black ice and miscalculation on my part. Hurt my hip and lower back, but also did a number on my bike and have been bussing to work the last couple of days.... I hate it. I hate it almost enough to drive 5km like a planet killing weakling and pay $16 parking.

Anyways, there's always some douchenozzle, or self centred princess having an obnoxiously loud conversation with one of their loser friends and I want to smack the $&!# out of them. 

Shut up. Just shut the &^@# up. Nobody cares what novel you're reading, where you ate last night, or what another one of your useless foolish friends posted on insta, you pretentious, self absorbed blowhard. 

• Upvote 1