The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Things that annoy you.

Rate this topic

numb3r 16

The bank, cable company, airline, etc.  

The bank - I've been trying to reach the bank.  I realized I have $4.60 CAD, and I need to take the bus next week in Vancouver to get where I am going, and I am on a short time that day, and prefer not to use my credit card to get cash.  I call the  bank's customer service number, and the rep does not know which bank branches have CAD on-hand.  I call the branch closest to me, and they do not.  I call one downtown where I got currency before, and they are not answering the phone, but they are open. 

The cable company - They raised their mdm/rtr charge to $13 per month.  Why?  They already charge too much for the Internet. 

The airline - I book round trip to Vancouver next month through another site.  Then I really thought about them, and what people of said about them, like "were happy until your not happy" or something like that, like they're happy when you're not happy, and I looked at their flight statuses, and there have been delays when arriving in Vancouver, and I was thinking, I need to take an earlier flight that day.  I called where I booked the ticket (a popular site), and asked if I could cancel the morning flight and take a flight earlier with another airline up to Vancouver.  They advised no, that the airline I booked with, does not allow me to change my morning flight to another airline, that I must keep it within the same airline.  I was going to cancel the flight altogether, but I thought it would be more of a hassle to cancel and than to rebook.  So I kept it the same.  

Now it's time to call the bank back.  They close in 10 minutes. 

Great, I called a few more branches, and there is a branch that has CAD on-hand. I prefer to use cash in Vancouver for some things, like getting a ticket for the Skytrain, the sea bus and the bus, not using my card at ATMs and other places. 

Edited by brilac
  • 2 weeks later...

Getting my name buthered.  I have an Irish first name and a French last name, and it's easy to say.  At least I'm nice about it, but I have had my name buthered ever since I can remember.  And my first name is a very easy Irish name to say. 

Waking up too early and thus falling for an online fake paypal scam. 

Then having to call the credit card company to issue me a new card, which for some reason on a Friday only took 6 minutes. So a bad, but good start, to the day?

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

picking up people that don't drive, that make you wait for them. 

Unless they're laid up in ER, totally unacceptable.

On Saturday my friends won tickets to the Lions game and invited me...were to pick me up at home at 5:30.  I was out at the baseball field all day and knew I'd be late getting back so arranged for them to meet me at the stadium so I wouldn't make them wait.  I probably could have been back in time, but didn't want to risk it.  It's just rude in my opinion.

• Cheers 1

There are those people who think the world revolves around them,they are always late for some reason and make people wait for "them",do what they want to do all the time and don't even give a thought to other people and what they might enjoy.

Remember that manners don't cost anything and they divide us from the animals,so use them appropriately and often.

• Upvote 1
On 6/20/2019 at 2:31 PM, DADDYROCK said:

There are those people who think the world revolves around them,they are always late for some reason and make people wait for "them",do what they want to do all the time and don't even give a thought to other people and what they might enjoy.

Remember that manners don't cost anything and they divide us from the animals,so use them appropriately and often.

Our society is becoming more self involved with each generation. It’s easy to spot these people by the way they drive. 

On 6/20/2019 at 1:05 PM, Jimmy McGill said:

picking up people that don't drive, that make you wait for them. 

Omg that’s maddening.  My truck was in the shop. Asked dad for a ride. I waited at the road for him. He’s good enough to help me out like that. It’s the least someone can do. It’s called “being respectful”. 

• Cheers 1
4 hours ago, YummyCakeFace said:

Omg that’s maddening.  My truck was in the shop. Asked dad for a ride. I waited at the road for him. He’s good enough to help me out like that. It’s the least someone can do. It’s called “being respectful”. 

when its from people that don't have their license its the worst because they can't ever return the favour 

• 2 weeks later...

Thick bushy eyebrows on women. Ick. My wife is of Finnish ancestry so is damned near hairless to start with. If she doesn’t shave her legs for a few days, you’d never know it. Super soft and fine.  Still however, she’s very prudent with the eyebrows.  Nowadays you’re seeing the fashion industry promoting thick bushy eyebrows on women. I think it’s very masculine.  To each their own I guess. 

Edited by YummyCakeFace

Left wingers. I’ve always considered myself just left of center but now I’m absolutely sick of it. I’m constantly getting inundated with the left wing agenda in this country. It’s brainwashing and insulting.  There’s no balance. There’s no equal voice.  Every televised news outlet in this country panders to the left.  Just give me an equal voice from both sides and allow me the right to make my own choices.