The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Things that annoy you.

Rate this topic

numb3r 16

23 minutes ago, falcon45ca said:

Baggy clothing has to start making a comeback, as all fashion is cyclical. 80's tight pants and acid wash has had its run...now it's gonna be baggy, with some plaid thrown in for good measure. Expect stock in Doc Martens to go up as well! :lol:

Image result for 80s preppy

This needs to make a come back tho right ... 

39 minutes ago, falcon45ca said:

Baggy clothing has to start making a comeback, as all fashion is cyclical. 80's tight pants and acid wash has had its run...now it's gonna be baggy, with some plaid thrown in for good measure. Expect stock in Doc Martens to go up as well! :lol:

I get it.  Totally agree.  But I was around I. The 80’s and while there was the odd ankle cuff in men’s jeans they were never spray on tight - unless you were a total hesher.

50 minutes ago, riffraff said:

I get it.  Totally agree.  But I was around I. The 80’s and while there was the odd ankle cuff in men’s jeans they were never spray on tight - unless you were a total hesher.

Saw a dude rocking a faux fur lined Jean jacket today.

I had one

In 1985

• Like 1
4 hours ago, DarthMelvin said:

Image result for 80s preppy

This needs to make a come back tho right ... 

Man, that guy has not aged gracefully.  Always been a fan, but I'm surprised to see an actor lose their looks so quickly.

Don't think I could get away with that many open buttons ::D

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

A twist on an old gripe that has been shared here before.

Cyclists who ignore road rules are a pain in the ass.  Now, there are more and more riders with motorized bikes.  How is this legal?  They aren't licensed, they aren't insured, and they have motors that get them going 20-40 mpg.  Especially worse when it is some beat up, unmuffled 2-stroke motor that you can hear over a mile away.

Got some goof I see while I walk my dog, and this guy is running stop signs the whole way.

On the other hand, I saw a new wheel... all you do is buy the wheel and put it on your bike, and the bike is now motorized.  Not cheap, but if I could commute by bike safely down here, I would consider it, since I would recoup the costs in insurance savings quickly.

• 3 weeks later...

Freeway drivers who brake when they don't need to.

Somehow, if you take your foot off the gas, a little or all the way, the car will magically slow down all on it's own. All too often, that's all you need.  Braking just wastes your pads, and gas if you brake too strongly... as it does for those behind you.

Shocking, I know.

• Upvote 1
48 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Freeway drivers who brake when they don't need to.

Somehow, if you take your foot off the gas, a little or all the way, the car will magically slow down all on it's own. All too often, that's all you need.  Braking just wastes your pads, and gas if you brake too strongly... as it does for those behind you.

Shocking, I know.

Same.  I drive a large truck and have the advantage of seeing traffic quite a bit ahead of me.  When the person in front of me brakes and I can see no reason for it, I lose my mind.  

I also have a theory for that.   Since these drivers usually aren’t slowing down significantly, i believe some of them could be two foot drivers.  Their left foot hovering over the brake all the time, then occasionally inadvertently putting a small amount of pressure on the brake, just enough to turn the lights on but slow significantly.  Maybe thats the way they coast.   
(and no, its not a brake check for me tailgating, I don't do that as I see no point). 

• Upvote 1

Seeing people pat themselves on the back for voting (social media).  A generation of kids who grew up  getting participation trophies for showing up, all looking for approval for doing something so mundane.  I don’t care if you voted or not.  If you care to vote, vote.  If you don’t care to vote, don’t vote.   You don’t need the social media world’s approval for that.  

2 hours ago, Cpt.Clutch said:

Same.  I drive a large truck and have the advantage of seeing traffic quite a bit ahead of me.  When the person in front of me brakes and I can see no reason for it, I lose my mind.  

I also have a theory for that.   Since these drivers usually aren’t slowing down significantly, i believe some of them could be two foot drivers.  Their left foot hovering over the brake all the time, then occasionally inadvertently putting a small amount of pressure on the brake, just enough to turn the lights on but slow significantly.  Maybe thats the way they coast.   
(and no, its not a brake check for me tailgating, I don't do that as I see no point). 

Yeah, I've considered the two foot driver.  That was something I was warned off of immediately when I was learning. Guess others didn't get the memo!

Tailgating is more common here, I think... just the way it goes on busy freeways, but that's not why these people are braking.  Sometimes it is people in a rush with no room to go anywhere, so they burn gas then brake to slow down, rinse/repeat.  Others, I think they are just nervous, or two-footing it.  Or maybe it's younger drivers, who haven't gained the experience to know better.

And why would anyone use the brakes to slow down gradually when going uphill?  Gravity works very well in those cases.