The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Things that annoy you.

Rate this topic

numb3r 16

17 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Young people who take the disabled seats on the Skytrain only because they want a comfy place to play with their phones. This annoyance is heightened when there is an elderly person standing there and the young person is oblivious to that. No respect. 

...and drivers who don't use their turning signals.

ehh, that someone's young doesn't mean they're entirely able-bodied. a few months ago an article was posted in OT describing how someone was criticized quite harshly by a Vancouver bus driver for using a priority seat so as to not antagonize her heart condition, which the driver assumed she didn't have on the basis of her presentation. you never really have the full story.

and if someone has 65+ yrs behind them I would hope they've been through worse than not having a seat prepared for them, osteoporosis be damned

e: and people can ask for a seat if they really need it

Edited by One one two
11 hours ago, GLASSJAW said:

my biggest pet peeve of all is when I'm walking through a store, or a narrow walk way, and some person is standing in the middle of it so nobody can get by. or when they walk slowly and congest a narrow walk way, not realizing that others exist too.

or when a small group of people walk sidebysidebyside along a sidewalk and expect you, the lone person walking in their direction, to get off the sidewalk and walk on the grass/dirt. 

Sounds like all those Pokeyman get lost idiots

we are all guilty of being insensitive some times. even now at my old age, i've caught myself being less compassionate then life calls for. they say that if the bible was boiled down to one sentence, it would be, do unto others as you would have them do unto you. 

how many of us can give ourselves a gold star for achieving that?.

when working with young offenders, i learned something that i felt was the greatest lesson i've ever learned.

that is, however someone reacts to a given situation, is normal for them at that time in their lives. it may be completely wrong but they are reacting in the only way they know how at that time. think about that. 

i use to put everything into, right or wrong. that one piece of information has changed the way i look at people.

• Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, One one two said:

ehh, that someone's young doesn't mean they're entirely able-bodied. a few months ago an article was posted in OT describing how someone was criticized quite harshly by a Vancouver bus driver for using a priority seat so as to not antagonize her heart condition, which the driver assumed she didn't have on the basis of her presentation. you never really have the full story.

and if someone has 65+ yrs behind them I would hope they've been through worse than not having a seat prepared for them, osteoporosis be damned

I have zero problem with someone using those seats if they need to. An old man with a cane shouldn't have to ask a 15 year old playing with his/her phone to give up their seat. That's the problem, lack of respect. I was in Singapore a few years ago and any time any adult got on the train, the young people would get up and offer their seat. I don't see that enough here.

Also, young people going to school on the train, with a huge backpack on bumping into everyone. Take the damn backpack off.

White people who use chopsticks. Yes, you're very impressive, but my fork has 4 prongs and you have two sticks. I like to think I'm more advanced.  

• Upvote 2
27 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

we are all guilty of being insensitive some times. even now at my old age, i've caught myself being less compassionate then life calls for. they say that if the bible was boiled down to one sentence, it would be, do unto others as you would have them do unto you. 

how many of us can give ourselves a gold star for achieving that?.

when working with young offenders, i learned something that i felt was the greatest lesson i've ever learned.

that is, however someone reacts to a given situation, is normal for them at that time in their lives. it may be completely wrong but they are reacting in the only way they know how at that time. think about that. 

i use to put everything into, right or wrong. that one piece of information has changed the way i look at people.

What if someone is a masochist? I would hope they wouldn't do unto me what they want done unto them. 

11 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

if that was normal for them at that time, yes. 

Wait wait, so you're saying if someone derives pleasure from being tortured it's ok for them to do that unto others? You wouldn't mind if a masochist tortured you or someone you love because they are just "Doing unto others what they would have done unto themselves"? Just so long as they are fine with it being done to them.

Makes no sense man.

if you can't understand what i'm saying, then nothing i can say will explain it. i never said that what they do is right. we all have learned reactions. we make poor decisions. we head in the wrong directions sometimes.  the young offenders i worked with, came to us with so many issues...i never treated them as troubled people, but rather as i would treat anyone else. they all left a little more mature than when they arrived. years later, several boys returned for a visit. they all said, how much of a jerk they were back then.

not all boys changed their lives around, but we felt good with our 50% success rate. i never read a boys file ahead of time. i wasn't there to judge them, just offer an alternative route for them to travel. 

Edited by smithers joe
  • Upvote 1

Continued

Real Estate Agents who are crying about a new tax or loss of business in the lower mainland

College kids whining about the cost of their liberal arts degrees

Oil Workers with no other skill than working a derrick whining about being unemployed yet refusing to get re-trained in a real trade

Being invited out only to see your party ignore you for their phone

Seeing that 1 D-Bag from high school you hoped got fat and turned in to an alcoholic turned quite successful based on their family

People who walk in to corner store coffee shops ordering starbucks drinks and getting angry when asked, do you mean a medium

People who mistreat those in service or industry positions because they're "the customer"

People who refuse to wait to make the corner and follow the last car through the now red light

People that lay on their horn .8 seconds after the light turns green

Able bodied seniors who use the handicapped spots simply because they're old

Seniors who use the mother/expectant parking spots for convenience and get offended when you call them on it

People who tell you how bad your habits are while shoving a big mac down their childs mouth

People who tell you how to raise your kids because "my little timmy is an angel and we'd never yell at or strike him" as little timmy is destroying a display and telling every to f right off

Pretty much anyone who tells you what you're doing is wrong without ever having the experience to do so credibly

12 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Okay

Top 40 Music and 90 minute radio loops

Commercial free radio now with more commercials

Slow moving people, up to and not including jagoffs doing 30 in a 50 zone, people who race out in front of you to do 30 in a 50 zone; people who dawdle and weave in front of you in the supermarket or mall and those annoying buggers who get offended at a farmers market for stopping randomly after cutting you off and you bump in to them

Grown ass people without kids who dress their pets or put them in buggies or child seats/strollers

White people who demand the right to be offended for people of colour

Men who demand the right to be the vaginas white night of feminism

Petunias

EVERY Fantastic 4 movie (except that messed up 1994 one) because wow..thanks for screwing up the real Infinity War

Sony owning the rights to the X Men (for the same reason)

Every reboot and remake or lack of original idea coming out of hollywood lately.

Other people's children

TBC

12 hours ago, Warhippy said:

My obviously thrilled to be on welfare neighbours who are all having a wonderful time celebrating how they paid their bills and STILL bought beer and cannot wait to meet Jonny at the soup kitchen tomorrow

People who whine about a situation instead of fixing it

Most people under 25 right now who think life is hard (seriously, get back to us when you learn to blow a nintendo cartridge clean)

Organized religion

Air Miles or lack there of for redemption

People who gloss over information to attack a single talking point

Conservatives

Liberals

Anyone who uses the term fur babies

The host of BB Canada

People who blame the government for a lack of jobs or losing their jobs

People who are physically able yet use mobility scooters

Almost all of my clients lately.

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Continued

Real Estate Agents who are crying about a new tax or loss of business in the lower mainland

College kids whining about the cost of their liberal arts degrees

Oil Workers with no other skill than working a derrick whining about being unemployed yet refusing to get re-trained in a real trade

Being invited out only to see your party ignore you for their phone

Seeing that 1 D-Bag from high school you hoped got fat and turned in to an alcoholic turned quite successful based on their family

People who walk in to corner store coffee shops ordering starbucks drinks and getting angry when asked, do you mean a medium

People who mistreat those in service or industry positions because they're "the customer"

People who refuse to wait to make the corner and follow the last car through the now red light

People that lay on their horn .8 seconds after the light turns green

Able bodied seniors who use the handicapped spots simply because they're old

Seniors who use the mother/expectant parking spots for convenience and get offended when you call them on it

People who tell you how bad your habits are while shoving a big mac down their childs mouth

People who tell you how to raise your kids because "my little timmy is an angel and we'd never yell at or strike him" as little timmy is destroying a display and telling every to f right off

Pretty much anyone who tells you what you're doing is wrong without ever having the experience to do so credibly

Looks like you could stand to chill a little bit, lol.

• Upvote 3
2 hours ago, Sean Monahan said:

"I could care less"

Yeah this is always used on these forums. 

20 things that annoy me:

• Flies/Skeeters
  • 'Seriously'
  • Autotune
  • the mom from Malcolm in the middle
  • Muchmusic for playing Malcolm in the middle re-runs instead of you know... music
  • People that light fires on the beach upwind from me when its 30degrees during the day
  • My chimney smoking neighbours that complain about pot
  • My pot smoking neighbours that complain about chimneys
  • the CFL
  • sup bro
  • sup brah
  • sup brobrah
  • na'mean?
  • 'Proposal: Offer Sheet XXXXXXXXXXX' Threads
  • People who talk in foreign languages while looking at you
  • Parents that can't control their annoying offspring in public
  • Scuba diving noobs training in public pools(stop looking up my shorts you perv)
  • Perfume that smells like rabbit piss
  • Hipster douchebag's with full beards, gelled cowlicks and plastic 80's shades(aka the Connor Macgregor)
  • the girl I am currently dating

4 hours ago, One one two said:

People like you annoy me. 

The example you pointed out is 1 in a million. 

Stop defending these disrespectful little sh*ts. No senior should have to ask to take a seat. 

• Upvote 3
16 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

People like you annoy me. 

The example you pointed out is 1 in a million. 

Stop defending these disrespectful little sh*ts. No senior should have to ask to take a seat. 

The seats are there if they need them, and if they need them they need only ask. Unless the disabled/elderly person happens to be mute (which is also a one-in-a-million instance) there should be no problem. You're not above making requests from people once you hit a certain age, and nobody who doesn't need the seat would refuse to give it up when asked to. I really don't see what the problem is.

e: I get pretty annoyed when people think something's broken because they need to say a few words to someone for a minor problem in their day to be fixed.

Edited by One one two
  • Upvote 4