The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Earthquake hits Central Italy

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/photos/62-magnitude-earthquake-hits-central-italy/ss-BBw2rEy?ocid=spartanntp

This was a 6.2 magnitude and 247 people have died.

Magnitude Earthquake Effects Estimated Number Each Year
2.5 or less Usually not felt, but can be recorded by seismograph. 900,000
2.5 to 5.4 Often felt, but only causes minor damage. 30,000
5.5 to 6.0 Slight damage to buildings and other structures. 500
6.1 to 6.9 May cause a lot of damage in very populated areas. 100

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Does everyone have 1 week supply of water, food for seven days, first aid kit, spare clothes. 

All in a duffel bag ready to go? 

Yeah, me either. I have only some of that. 

And whoever does...............

..............we're coming for them.

14 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Does everyone have 1 week supply of water, food for seven days, first aid kit, spare clothes. 

All in a duffel bag ready to go? 

Yeah, me either. I have only some of that. 

12 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

And whoever does...............

..............we're coming for them.

I'd be far more concerned about Germany telling citizens to stockpile for 'civil defence': http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-37155060

Anyways, as per the earthquake it's tragic. The incident happened 2 days ago though, western coverage has been minimal. 

Certainly tragic but it's a part of the world traditionally active with seismic activity (eathquakes, volcanoes) with hundreds years old buildings. That's a recipe for disaster waiting to happen.

My thoughts to all the victims and their families. Looks horrible.

52 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Come at me plate tectonics!

image.png

37 minutes ago, Drive-By Body Pierce said:

All this talk has got me a bit worried... so I have started my stockpile.

20160611_051223.jpg

I would love to see the look on your guys face as you watch all that emergency earthquake beer seep out into the concrete because glass is known to shatter during an earthquake.  :lol:

Score one for the Devil's lettuce.

1 minute ago, Tre Mac said:

I would love to see the look on your guys face as you watch all that emergency earthquake beer seep out into the concrete because glass is known to shatter during an earthquake.  :lol:

True.  But notice my 15 packs are in cans. Hey-o!  Devils lettuce and cold beer!

Just now, riffraff said:

True.  But notice my 15 packs are in cans. Hey-o!  Devils lettuce and cold beer!

I never had a beer in my life so you won this round, but you might want to half those stacks as liquid in compressed cans isn't that much more durable!  Case in point the beer truck that slammed into the frito lay truck in florida:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/weird-news/beer-chips-spill-all-over-i-95-after-florida-truck-n544266

2 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

I never had a beer in my life so you won this round, but you might want to half those stacks as liquid in compressed cans isn't that much more durable!  Case in point the beer truck that slammed into the frito lay truck in florida:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/weird-news/beer-chips-spill-all-over-i-95-after-florida-truck-n544266

Thanks for looking out!  And great point.  

Perhaps planting a few seeds in preparation is also a good ideaB)

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

Foam insulation spray to fill the boxes. Dampens the vibration, and helps to keep them nice and chilly for when the refrigerator goes MIA.

Archived