Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[MAFIA] - NO FRILLS (The TOWN Wins!!!)


JAY JAY

Recommended Posts

Tinfoil hat theory: Aladeen is at risk of getting lynched so he tells numbers to play up the noob card in their chat and say "Oh this guy is PMing. Does that mean anything?"

 

This takes pressure off both of them heading into next round when numbers can play the noob card again and Aladeen comes raging in saying "This method never works. Y'all potato af"

Link to comment

BW's first long post in Neopolitan: 

 

I disagree. For a 22 player game with no PMing, 5 mafia would be appropriate even if the Town had multiple specials. With only one special to rely on we would be at a significant disadvantage if there is more than 5 mafia imo.

I don't think the sheriff/vig is as strong of a role as people are thinking it is. Once the mafia take him/her out the town will have nothing to rely on. I guess if they are a really strong player they may help us a lot but they could just as easily blow the game with bad decisions. 

 

BW's first few posts this game were quite excited/Agressive.

Link to comment
13 minutes ago, Intoewsables said:

Even though I either have no opinion or disagree with basically everything in here, this reads pretty towny to me.

 

Either that, or Aladeen is town and Stamkos is fishing for town cred...but he's probably not experienced enough to think of something like that?

I don't like this.

Link to comment

Has numbers seen the whole PM catching trick in a game before? That seems like a really odd thing for a new player to pick up on himself.

 

Also, for what it's worth, Stamkos did just join RGMG so that checks out somewhat. Of course, that's not a terribly difficult lie to come up with either, so...

Link to comment
1 minute ago, Zfetch said:

Tinfoil hat theory: Aladeen is at risk of getting lynched so he tells numbers to play up the noob card in their chat and say "Oh this guy is PMing. Does that mean anything?"

 

This takes pressure off both of them heading into next round when numbers can play the noob card again and Aladeen comes raging in saying "This method never works. Y'all potato af"

That's it you got us man. I admit to it. I'm no match for your genius and should be hung immediately.

Link to comment
Just now, Intoewsables said:

EV?

I was wondering when someone would ask about this. 

 

EV = Expected Value:  "In probability theory and statistics, the expected value of a random variable in an experiment is the value the variable will take, if the experiment is repeated an infinite number of times and the mean (or weighted average) of all the values is calculated"

 

Basically lynching top tier players in round one will net a negative EV considering there's never much to go on in R1 and the lynch is close to random.

Link to comment
1 minute ago, Intoewsables said:

Has numbers seen the whole PM catching trick in a game before? That seems like a really odd thing for a new player to pick up on himself.

 

Also, for what it's worth, Stamkos did just join RGMG so that checks out somewhat. Of course, that's not a terribly difficult lie to come up with either, so...

BJ is my AGM. @Blue Jay 22 Check the first trade thread for my last check on it

Link to comment
Just now, Beluga Whale said:

I was wondering when someone would ask about this. 

 

EV = Expected Value:  "In probability theory and statistics, the expected value of a random variable in an experiment is the value the variable will take, if the experiment is repeated an infinite number of times and the mean (or weighted average) of all the values is calculated"

 

Basically lynching top tier players in round one will net a negative EV considering there's never much to go on in R1 and the lynch is close to random.

Okay. I had a feeling it meant expected value but I had no idea you'd be using a term like that in mafia haha.

Link to comment
1 minute ago, Time Lord said:

Why can't Aladeen just incriminate BW right now?

I have. He is Mafia 100% but if you want to wait for proof then just keep your vote on me. If I am not hung I will be MKed any way. Not sure why I'm explaining myself to you at all since you are probably his team mate. In fact your post just reeks of special hunting.

Link to comment
4 minutes ago, Intoewsables said:

Has numbers seen the whole PM catching trick in a game before? That seems like a really odd thing for a new player to pick up on himself.

 

Also, for what it's worth, Stamkos did just join RGMG so that checks out somewhat. Of course, that's not a terribly difficult lie to come up with either, so...

Is that what you call it? Maybe I'm just smart.

Link to comment

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...