The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal Van-Dal

Rewind back to the 2013 Draft and you would find me yelling a lot of obscenities from my living room at the TV. First when all we got for Schnieder was the 9th overall pick, and then even more f bombs when we passed over the big powerful Russian and selected some dude named Horvat who was suppose to be a very good 3rd line center and maaaaybe a 2nd. 

In retrospect, I retract the majority of those f bombs. Not a chance I'd swap Hprvat  for Nichuskin with where they are today, but why can't we have both? Lehtonen is young enough to stay around until Demko is ready 

Gaunce + Miller+ 2nd to Dallas

Nichuskin + Lehtonen to Van 

If they don't accept then offer 

Gaunce + Markstrom  to Dallas

Nichuskin + Lehtonen + 3rd to Van 

They don't need Miller and we don't need Lehtonen. Not sure why Dallas would make this deal since there's far too little incentive for them. Sure, they'd like to move one of their goalies both for cap and positional improvements, but Miller isn't either for them, or at least not enough that they'd move Nichuskin for it.

Alright it's clear here you want Nichushkin.

The NHL isn't stupid.

They are not going to accept throw-away prospects or picks for a talented player.

The only reason Dallas might want to be rid of him is that he is still going through growing pains, and they want to win today.

If we still had McCann it might get interesting.

But we don't, and their D is all set.

What forwards could we possibly offer a team going for it NOW?

Hansen + Etem/Granlund.. maybe.

2 hours ago, insomniac604 said:

Alright it's clear here you want Nichushkin.

The NHL isn't stupid.

They are not going to accept throw-away prospects or picks for a talented player.

The only reason Dallas might want to be rid of him is that he is still going through growing pains, and they want to win today.

If we still had McCann it might get interesting.

But we don't, and their D is all set.

What forwards could we possibly offer a team going for it NOW?

Hansen + Etem/Granlund.. maybe.

You sure about that bud?

Edm-hall trade

Don't think that Dallas would make this move short of moving Lehtonen for Markstrom, and we're not in a position where we can afford to move him.  Miller isn't getting any younger while Jacob should be ready to start in a season's time.  Miller and Kari in our net would look brutal.  

I wonder if the best bet would be to try to make a Baertschi-type trade?  Offer a 2nd round pick and add in Gaunce and maybe another average prospect for a shot to resurrect Nuke's career, and we can take Hemsky's salary back if needed.  Nuke is a big winger with skill after all, and if it's timed right (e.g. when Nill wants to cut him loose) we could have a steal on our hands esp. if he proves to not be a fit in Dallas.  (Not saying that other teams wouldn't be able to outbid us, but this is our best option at getting him).  

5 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

Don't think that Dallas would make this move short of moving Lehtonen for Markstrom, and we're not in a position where we can afford to move him.  Miller isn't getting any younger while Jacob should be ready to start in a season's time.  Miller and Kari in our net would look brutal.  

I wonder if the best bet would be to try to make a Baertschi-type trade?  Offer a 2nd round pick and add in Gaunce and maybe another average prospect for a shot to resurrect Nuke's career, and we can take Hemsky's salary back if needed.  Nuke is a big winger with skill after all, and if it's timed right (e.g. when Nill wants to cut him loose) we could have a steal on our hands esp. if he proves to not be a fit in Dallas.  (Not saying that other teams wouldn't be able to outbid us, but this is our best option at getting him).  

Vancouver is going to steal a player from Dallas? have fun with that.

Archived