The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

POTENTIAL MEDICAL EMERGENCY!!!

Bruce Boudreau

33 minutes ago, falcon45ca said:

:picard:

i think I'm more concerned that a person who, I presume, is a full grown man is worried about eating a partially heated hot dog.

C'mon man I already feel bad no need to pile on here...

I don't really think 5 minutes on extemely low heat really counts though does it?

In any case I'm just glad I don't feel anything internally. I have had food poisoning in the past as a child and it is still one of my worst memories to date in terms of the aftermath in getting stick and having to go to the hospital and get an IV.

i took a food safe course a few years ago , the real danger comes from partially cooked meat thats been left out for longer periods of time  pathogens grow on food not quickly cooled down if not eaten right away. your hot dog was probably cooked enough and eaten soon enough to not have pathogens grow on said hotdog.

2 hours ago, GLASSJAW said:

what little flavour hot dogs have comes from added ingredients, spices, etc. the rest is trash meat scraped off the floor

just buy a veggie dog with the exact same ingredients, but without any of the pig ass or listeria

Based on my experience working in a meat factory, I haven't found this to be true. The floor meat is for cat and dog food. That said, it is probably a mix of a bunch of pureed byproducts.

Why didn't I log onto CDC last night?!  So many trolling opportunities missed.  :P

I could have gotten a grown man to think that he was going to be 6-feet under after eating an ounce or two of cooked meat!

It's the missed opportunities that you regret the most in life.... :lol:

13 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Phew, just by looking at the title, I thought it would be far more serious.

Relax, you'll be fine.

Considering the title, if it was more serious, he'd have been dead before CDC ever posted a helpful response.

On the other hand, crying 'MEDICAL EMERGENCY' but not going to emergency because it's only an uncooked hotdog tends to undermine anything more serious.

Seeing how you've been speaking in hypotheticals lately (re:  “...so if we’re going to use hypotheticals, we should cancel the season because hypothetically we won the Super Bowl,” Kelly said, smiling. “Let’s just go all out with the hypotheticals. Let’s just say we won the Super Bowl, so it’s over, and we did it without a quarterback in the hypothetical world that I live in...” ), let's say you hypothetically died from eating an undercooked hot dog.  I hope you hypothetically go to heaven.  

All kidding aside, it's been, what 12 hours since you posted...so I hope you're all good.  You know what they say...if it don't kill you, it'll make you stronger. 

PS - give us an update on how you're doing...I'm dying to know how you made out.

Archived