Canucks Community

Canucks Army Prospect Rankings

Ossi Vaananen

I think it'll be:

4. Either Virtanen or Rodin.

3. Demko

2. Boeser

1. Juolevi. 

I mean Juolevi was the highest ranked and the best defenseman in the draft, no doubt he's our number one prospect. It feels so good just saying that lol.

46 minutes ago, Odd. said:

I think it'll be:

4. Either Virtanen or Rodin.

3. Demko

2. Boeser

1. Juolevi. 

I mean Juolevi was the highest ranked and the best defenseman in the draft, no doubt he's our number one prospect. It feels so good just saying that lol.

10 of the top 20 defencemen, and 5 of the top 10. Not bad for a team supposedly weak in that position. 

11 hours ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

10 of the top 20 defencemen, and 5 of the top 10. Not bad for a team supposedly weak in that position. 

We're definitely not weak there anymore. I think Juolevi fits our team really well, being an all around guy with a great outlet pass. Then we have Subban and Tryamkin, who are like polar opposites in physique, but could add to our team in different ways. 

I think the top 4 goes:

4. Virtanen 

3. Demko

2. Juolevi

1. Boeser

I agree with everyone with the odd Zhukenov placement. At the two prospect camps with his underwhelming Draft + 1 numbers in the Q makes for a wonky placement in the top 10 for me. 

Watching him play he seems to have average speed, average quickness, below average shooting and good puck skills. Combine all that will his slight frame, I'm not counting on him being much for us.

I don't mind the Olsen placement. His numbers were great on a Cougars team that saw Harkins and others struggle offensively. Good size for a defencemen and looks like he has good footspeed. Perhaps makes a case for WHJC invite if he continues to play the way he did last year?

Well if your going to be logical about this  :lol:

Most prospects are not destined for stardom. 1st round picks  60% chance  =   18 players, 2nd through 7th round 20% chance  = 36 players So each year there's roughly 54 drafted players that end up playing 100 or more games in the NHL. That means each team on average pick up 1.8 players from the draft per year. It's really staggering how few actually go on to the NHL as regulars. There's a few FA's from the NCAA or EU but not that many. The turn over is slow most players that get to play last for a few years so the demand is not high either

I think I'd drop zhuk back to 11, Olson to 10, and brisebois to 9.

I feel like brisebois is going to be a very good puck moving shut down D. His game

is very polished for his age; he's just skinny right now. Big year coming up for him IMO. 

Archived