The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Urinal Etiquette: A White Noise Discussion

Ossi Vaananen

2 hours ago, ajhockey said:

I rarely use urinals unless it's an absolute emergency. My dad never taught me how to use one and even when I figured it out, it still seemed too messy for me.

So you're the jerk that is using the stalls (and probably not lifting the seat) to number 1 when others are waiting for a number 2.

Speaking of etiquette.

1 hour ago, ajhockey said:

Let's just say I'm very particular about cleaning myself up afterward too--something I can't do at a urinal.

While it's true that there isn't TP at a urinal, the kind of person that becomes very particular might also carry wipes or tissues with them.

This is probably for the confession thread but:

i was in shorts and sandals.  Something that if I had foreseen a trip to a public washroom I would have considered.  Anyway, just before the Squamish at the Britannia beach public toilet I just had to go.  A man came in and not only did he use the urinal right next to me, he over sprayed just enough for me to feel it.  I mean I had no idea what to even say I was so surprised. If that ever happens again I swear I'll either kick or elbow the guy in mid piss.  I think I've earne it.

3 hours ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

Don't you just pee into the drain? Seriously asking- I am a woman and have only seen these in pop culture lol.

Ladies have bathroom stall etiquette too. It drives me crazy if there's 4+ stalls in a bathroom and the next woman to come in picks the one right next to me. Stalls I feel like are worse than urinals in a way since your basically sitting side-by-side with a stranger and can *ahem* easily smell what they're up to at times. :sick: Unless the guy's been eating asparagus I don't think men have that problem at urinals?

You have much to learn.

The art of urinating at the urinal is far more complex and delicate than you could ever imagine. Like a dojo for the bladder.

5 hours ago, Stelar said:

Does anyone remember these at the Pacific Coliseum. Not super fun when you are a kid like I was when I went to games there

image.jpeg

you do realize that this is a picture of a birdbath hand wash sink right?  The ring around the bottom is so that you don't need to touch any taps with your dirty hands from doing man work all day...I understand that this is most likely a foreign concept to you.  If you pee in this at my workplace you'd most likely be fired.  

I pissed in the troughs at the old Pacific coliseum as well

3 hours ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

Don't you just pee into the drain? Seriously asking- I am a woman and have only seen these in pop culture lol.

Ladies have bathroom stall etiquette too. It drives me crazy if there's 4+ stalls in a bathroom and the next woman to come in picks the one right next to me. Stalls I feel like are worse than urinals in a way since your basically sitting side-by-side with a stranger and can *ahem* easily smell what they're up to at times. :sick: Unless the guy's been eating asparagus I don't think men have that problem at urinals?

Maybe it's because you ladies want a back up plan in case you don't have any squares in your stall...

2 hours ago, elvis15 said:

So you're the jerk that is using the stalls (and probably not lifting the seat) to number 1 when others are waiting for a number 2.

Speaking of etiquette.

While it's true that there isn't TP at a urinal, the kind of person that becomes very particular might also carry wipes or tissues with them.

Don't worry, I always lift the seat. In fact, I'm the person who wipes the last dude's pee off the toilet seat with TP. 

As for carrying wipes and tissues, that's too much of a hassle for me.

4 minutes ago, HK Phooey said:

Maybe it's because you ladies want a back up plan in case you don't have any squares in your stall...

:lol: Ahaha, shame I've run out of likes so soon.

I have had women ask me to pass toilet paper, feminine hygiene products, etc. under the stall before. It's always jarring when they stick their hand under the stall wall before asking though!

22 minutes ago, NEON.KNEE said:

you do realize that this is a picture of a birdbath hand wash sink right?  The ring around the bottom is so that you don't need to touch any taps with your dirty hands from doing man work all day...I understand that this is most likely a foreign concept to you.  If you pee in this at my workplace you'd most likely be fired.  

I pissed in the troughs at the old Pacific coliseum as well

Lol. I googled circular urinal and this is the image that came up. You get the jist. 

Archived