The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Favourite All Time Canuck's Jersey

Stanley's Kup

6 hours ago, Stanley's Kup said:

I'm going to flog a dead horse as I'm sure this topic come's up frequently but I am interested to hear opinion's on the your all time favourite Canuck's jerseys. I give full credit to the designers as they have come up with some unique designs. I think the bright orange with the flying skate gets my vote.

vancouver-canucks-linden-cloutier.jpg

Personally these are amongst the ugliest. This and the salmon practice jerseys. My favorite being 1)johnny canuck blue green and 2)black skate jersey, bure era.

23 hours ago, Kokanee king said:

agreed 

The Orca is the worst one. its a &^@#ing whale! We are all Canucks not whales. 

Totally agree. With the exception of the red Skate 3rd, I will take any non-Orca Canucks jersey any day, anytime. 

23 hours ago, Stelar said:

I liked the blacks but not so much the yellows 

I l♡ve the yellows. Very complementary to the blacks. Like white is complementary to blue or red.

The Flying V and the Flying V shoulder yokes of the yellow Skate jerseys along with all the constant losing of the 80's ruined a bold and unique look.

Nevertheless, I'm glad the club went back to their original Pacific Northwest colours of blue, green and white. 

On 2016-08-30 at 10:04 AM, Kokanee king said:

agreed 

The Orca is the worst one. its a &^@#ing whale! We are all Canucks not whales. 

Dumbest argument against the Orca jersey there is. We are all Canucks not sticks in rinks. See just how stupid that argument is? Both form a C for Canucks while the image represents something else entirely. Either both are valid or neither is.

Growing up in Vancouver since the late 80s, I got into hockey, primarily with the spaghetti jerseys, and that style holds a special place in my heart. 

Not knocking on the orcas, but it's just not for me. Reminds me too much of the Keenan/Messier era, and those were just some dark times for Vancouver hockey. AND with their current home and away jerseys, with "VANCOUVER" on top of the orca, combined that with captaincy patches, IMO, there's just waaaaaaay too much stuff going on, on the jerseys.

I'd love to see, the current alternates as home and aways and have the spaghetti jerseys as their alternates. 

This is a toss up for me

Either the 1989-1992 (before they changed the second lighter coloured orange strip to canary yellow.......

Canucks16.png

........or the current are great as well, but I much prefer the modified skate logo to the whale.

Canucks33.png

Archived