The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Favourite All Time Canuck's Jersey

Stanley's Kup

4 hours ago, Strombone said:

Utica-Comets-Canucks-Jersey-Mash-Up-900x

Also with the home Orca as the crest.

Or at the very least make the third jersey one of these. PLEASE CANUCKS OWNERS AND CO!!!

I like!!!!!!!!

I for one HATE the orca. I have a very tough time connecting an orca to a Canuck. Also - the orca was a product of the old ownership group which I hated. Time to move on and bring in a rough and tough toothless Johnny Canuck.

I'm a huge fan of the stick and rink; absolutely LOVE it, but at the same time it's so stupid. Show me one NHL team that doesn't play hockey with a rink and stick.

kill the orca. It's to much like the Flamers logo but ours is a stupid beached whale.

love the stick logo new and old versions, love Johnny Canuck and even Canuck skate.

i actually liked that Fan made uni that was posted years ago. blue, green, white colors.

Is the Orca logo political? Are the Aquilinis trying to make the First Nation people happy so they can buy land easier for condos and golf courses.

is this why we have the Dumb whale? It has to be there is no other reason! Orca bay is gone. So why isn't this damn whale.

1 hour ago, HockeyHarry said:

Is the Orca logo political? Are the Aquilinis trying to make the First Nation people happy so they can buy land easier for condos and golf courses.

is this why we have the Dumb whale? It has to be there is no other reason! Orca bay is gone. So why isn't this damn whale.

Guess all those whale watching tours, and statues of Orca's around the city must drive you spare. 

I like the 1970 jersey. Something about the V on the arm it looks so simple and clean. 

kurtenbach1.jpg

45 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Guess all those whale watching tours, and statues of Orca's around the city must drive you spare. 

I like the 1970 jersey. Something about the V on the arm it looks so simple and clean. 

kurtenbach1.jpg

Whale watching tours....in Vancouver? ......I lived on the west coast with an ocean view I used to see killer whales a few times a year....but that was a very very long time ago....hasn't been a killer whale sighting in years. Eagles and seals  tho....there's tons.

I have nothing against whales or First Nation art. I just feel It has nothing to do with Canucks. Canucks were named after Johnny Canuck...the first Canuck team had Johnny Canuck as the logo. The stink logo as there first NHL logo. Orca bay brought in the Orca as branding team with corporation...with other bad decisions Messier, and Firing Pat Quinn. Orca Bay is gone so why keep a Corporation brand logo...with dark day past...and No real Johnny Canuck connection.

my post was to guess why the Aquilinis would keep the brand orca logo. I think I hit a bullseye. With the idea of the Aquilinis First Nation business connection....out side of hockey.

8 hours ago, HockeyHarry said:

Or it could just be because of the pod of Orca that reside year round off our coast. Add in two other pods that migrate up and down the coast. In the Haida style as they are BC natives. Put it together and the logo represents where the team plays. In the form of a C, just as stick in rink does, to represent Canucks.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the relevance. Some simply choose to ignore it.

14 hours ago, Blazer8717 said:

I'm a fan of our current sweaters. I think the colour scheme is unique in the league. I don't mind the orca but I would love to see Johnny Canuck become the main logo. At least they could make an alternate jersey with him as the primary logo.

canucks_johnny_jersey_0.jpg

Canucks7.png

VLLkXHd.png

Too minor league. Maybe even juniors!

Archived