The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why Your Team Sucks: Vancouver Canucks

MJDDawg

When a  rookie  3/4 D man like Hutton has more assists per game than your 2 C ( Sutter ) you know your  second line will not be contributing offensively......

Canucks very much need Bo to take another step forward this season...... I am optimistic he can . 

Once again - so easy to be  Canuck fan in  Sept...   The proof will be in the pudding.........

Or as Alex once once penned...

Alexander Pope

“Hope springs eternal in the human breast; 
Man never Is, but always To be blest. 
The soul, uneasy, and confin'd from home, 
Rests and expatiates in a life to come.”

27 minutes ago, oldnews said:

he may have a point.  I reckon it takes serious talent to get the puck to kos.

Easy to get me the puck in my Surrey Rec League, i am in the dirty areas like Darcy Rota used to be..... 

Just put in on net is what i am usually asking for.

Old news  - you  still playing gods game ?  I am hoping to play till i am 60 yrs old so i still got a few more seasons in me.

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

Easy to get me the puck in my Surrey Rec League, i am in the dirty areas like Darcy Rota used to be..... 

Just put in on net is what i am usually asking for.

Old news  - you  still playing gods game ?  I am hoping to play till i am 60 yrs old so i still got a few more seasons in me.

ball hockey only - but it's like a bag skate every time - I'm sucking wind the first shift.

On August 29, 2016 at 11:56 PM, StealthNuck said:

I can agree about the team, but the fanbase definitely has an identity. 

Yes. Mobile-busy spectators as quiet as a void unless something big happens like a goal or a big hit which also carries a delay in reaction.

That's the fanbase. The other fans, cannot afford the price to attend.

2 minutes ago, oldnews said:

ball hockey only - but it's like a bag skate every time - I'm sucking wind the first shift.

Ball hockey is more aerobically demanding than ice hockey. 

I can't move the day after Ball hockey. After ice hockey i have very little stiffness  / joint issues......  must be the gliding motion and the fact i never stop LOL  but rather do lazy curls instead.....

Got Burrows into the show..  or was he Roller Hockey ?   . maybe your not too old  OLD News...   Jagr at 44 is proof that old guys rule.....

• 2 weeks later...
On Sunday, October 02, 2016 at 1:19 PM, kingofsurrey said:

When a  rookie  3/4 D man like Hutton has more assists per game than your 2 C ( Sutter ) you know your  second line will not be contributing offensively......

Ignoring that Sutter had a small sample size of 20 games last year, if you want to cherry pick, who had more goals per game??? Don't goals count as contributing offensively any more?

On 10/2/2016 at 1:19 PM, kingofsurrey said:

Canucks very much need Bo to take another step forward this season...... I am optimistic he can . 

Once again - so easy to be  Canuck fan in  Sept...   The proof will be in the pudding.........

Or as Alex once once penned...

Alexander Pope

“Hope springs eternal in the human breast; 
Man never Is, but always To be blest. 
The soul, uneasy, and confin'd from home, 
Rests and expatiates in a life to come.”

Not trying to cherry pick your post, KOS, but I'm surprised to hear that statement coming from a guy who plays hockey.

Sutter is not a play-making C in any form.  He is a drive the net (or crash the net) goal scorer who has a great defensive game.  His playing style is similar to Bo's.  These two will be significant players when the Nucks get back to the playoffs.

The 2nd line did nothing in the first game, but as soon as you add a play-maker (Grans), bingo! 

Sutter will never have the assist pts that a dman might have, but he'll outscore them by a country mile.

6 hours ago, Baggins said:

Ignoring that Sutter had a small sample size of 20 games last year, if you want to cherry pick, who had more goals per game??? Don't goals count as contributing offensively any more?

Haven't you heard?

Sutter sucks, Edler sucks, Gubranson sucks (and is evidently slow and can't pass :blink: ) all our prospects all suck and GMJB sucks for putting them all together and his 'asset management'. So much suck in fact, that 'Canuck' is apparently now another term for a vacuum.

Archived