The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do moderators get paid?

GettinGuddyWithIt

I am fairly sure the answer is going to be "No". I have been a moderator on another forum and it's a thankless job. Other than the occasional pleasure of banning some idiot, there are no perks to the job. Furthermore you actually have to watch what you say as you have to set an example for other forum members. There will also be 12 year olds that will try to provoke you deliberately because of their disdain towards "authority". 

I get paid to post here.  The Vancouver Canucks contacted my financial team a few years ago about increasing traffic to their site so we sat down and discussed a few options.  Blessing this site with my presence felt like the way to go and I have been banking coin ever since.  Obviously my contract prohibits me from discussing financial terms but lets just say it's enough to pay the bills and it appears to be beneficial for both sides, I mean you guys are posting here now right?  Exactly.

1 minute ago, Tre Mac said:

I get paid to post here.  The Vancouver Canucks contacted my financial team a few years ago about increasing traffic to their site so we sat down and discussed a few options.  Blessing this site with my presence felt like the way to go and I have been banking coin ever since.  Obviously my contract prohibits me from discussing financial terms but lets just say it's enough to pay the bills and it appears to be beneficial for both sides, I mean you guys are posting here now right?  Exactly.

I thought I was the only one! :o

Archived