The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) PTO CODY FRICKEN HODGSON

Yes i said it people... maybe its this terribly long off season!!!!! Maybe we dont have the assets to pull off a great trade without tearing what we are finally starting to build apart again... but why not give Mr. Hodgson a chance. He could tryout for the 2nd left wing position, if he fails u ditch him. No harm done, only a positive result can occur. Besides hes only 26. 

3 hours ago, orcasgonewild said:

Yes i said it people... maybe its this terribly long off season!!!!! Maybe we dont have the assets to pull off a great trade without tearing what we are finally starting to build apart again... but why not give Mr. Hodgson a chance. He could tryout for the 2nd left wing position, if he fails u ditch him. No harm done, only a positive result can occur. Besides hes only 26. 

They tried him at wing here before and it didn't work, lol you have him on the 2nd line as well...lol.

let's make him captain while were at it...you know, because he was suppose to be the next one!

Seriously, pretty sure that's what he was hoping for, a PTO, but my guess is right now is, he's pondering a Swiss League offer if that PTO doesn't come.  This is a league I think he could have some success.

I would PTO RJ Umberger before ever Hodgson

"...former Vancouver GM, Brian Burke, threw away first-round draft pick R.J. Umberger in 2004 to get Martin Rucinsky from the New York Rangers. The Canucks had Rucinsky for five weeks, right up until Game 7 of the first round of the Stanley Cup..."

PTOs don't mean anything so if it gives us more competition I wouldn't be opposed to one. But would Hodgson be the best choice? Probably not.

Umberger mentioned above is ok, but I'd consider Alex Tanguay. He's 36, but had 13 points in 18 games after being traded to the Coyotes last year. Benning's talked about a player to take some heat off of Baertschi, Tanguay fits that bill pretty well.

Archived