The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trade Proposals Van/Col/Buf/Edm/Hawks

Knucks16

To Canucks

Gabreil Landeskog/Artemi Panarin

To Avalanche/Hawks

Alex Edler, Brendan Gaunce,  and a 2017 1st/2nd/3rd round picks depends on the player we Aquire.....

2nd for Landeskog

1st for Panarin

aswell another proposal 

to Canucks

Nail Yakipov/Evander Kane

to Oilers/Buffalo 

Hansen, Sbsia and a 2017 3rd Rd pick

then it goes something like this!

Sedin Sedin Eriksson

Yakipov/Landeskog Sutter Panarin/Kane

Baertschi Horvat Rodin

Etem Granlund Virtanen 

Larsen Tanev

Hutton Gudbranson 

Tryamkin Subban/Biega

Miller

Markstrom 

to think we don't need any upgrades to our team! Is Ludicrous! Aswell! so fricken Delusional! Sure my propsAls are a little off but we need to do something or were gonna be the next Edmonton Oilers or Toronto maple leafs team that can't make the playoffs! I'm sorry for trying to upgrade our team! sorry for being a die hard knucklehead;) and most importantly! sorry I said! I told you so! when we miss the playoffs yet another year! and so on and so on! Sure getting Eriksson and Rodin is a plus! But we're still not going anywhere without a second line who can actually produce! Instead leaving the Sedin to do all the work like they had done the past several years! Ahhhhhhhh so damn frustrating!!!!! My Bad just mad is all! for the team who I love to watch, but can't stand them getting annilated the past few seasons, and seeing the same reasons they lost! like previous 3 years! cause no one would do anything to change that. But now that Benning is here! I'm positive he's gonna be the guy to turn this franchise around! Put good energy in us all including the players! Benning gonna turn heads! Benning the man wel see what he does:)  I'm just super impatient Is all;) 

20 minutes ago, Knucks16 said:

To Canucks

Evander Kane/ Gabreil Landeskog

To Sabres/Avalanche 

Burrows, Boeser and a 2017 1st or 2nd rd pick depends on the player we aquire.

2nd for Kane 

1st for Landskog

aswell another proposal 

to Canucks

Nail Yakipov

to Oilers

Hansen, Sbsia and a 2017 3rd  Rd pick

then it goes something like this!

Sedin Sedin Eriksson

Yakipov Sutter Kane/Landeskog 

Baertschi Horvat Rodin

Etem Granlund Virtanen 

Edler Tanev

Hutton Gudbranson 

Tryamkin Larsen/Subban

Miller

Markstrom 

Man, you are in for a reaming of your behind. Grab a jar of vaseline and try to relax. I'm sorry for what is coming, don't say I didn't warn you.

5 minutes ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Man, you are in for a reaming of your behind. Grab a jar of vaseline and try to relax. I'm sorry for what is coming, don't say I didn't warn you.

I totally agree:) I always do... But I like to hear what other ideas, are around this trade? Can something like this happen? Be so sick!  I think we'd all  Love A Sweet number Two scoring, aswell future 1st liners for years to come....

4 minutes ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

1/ It's YakUpov

2/ You have 4 players on the 2nd line...who drops to 3rd? Then who drops to 4th? Then who drops to the pressbox?

3/ Virtanen is not a 4th line player. I think this would destroy a young player. He needs to play top 6 minutes (if not on the big club then in the AHL) or his progress / development will be stunted (on a side note: I don't think he's ready for top 6 NHL minutes).

4/ Overpayment for Yakupov (Sbisa alone gets it done), underpayment for Landeskog. To get a player the calibre of Gabriel Landeskog (their Captain, just coming into his prime) would take a 1st, Boeser or Virtanen AND a dman (Edler or Hutton)...otherwise WHY would they do it? They're not trading one of their top NHL players for a couple of unproven prospects...they need to fill other holes with NHL ready players AND get a return for trading what was their top prospect and, again, is just now coming into his prime.

5/ Burrows is useless to the Sabres. The only team Burrows needs to be on is a current SC contender (Rangers, Lightning, Kings, Blackhawks etc). And quite frankly, I doubt Burrows would waive to go anywhere other than a contender.

5/ I think that's enough reasons for now...I'll let someone else chime in.

6 minutes ago, ABNuck said:

1/ It's YakUpov

2/ You have 4 players on the 2nd line...who drops to 3rd? Then who drops to 4th? Then who drops to the pressbox?

3/ Virtanen is not a 4th line player. I think this would destroy a young player. He needs to play top 6 minutes (if not on the big club then in the AHL) or his progress / development will be stunted (on a side note: I don't think he's ready for top 6 NHL minutes).

4/ Overpayment for Yakupov (Sbisa alone gets it done), underpayment for Landeskog. To get a player the calibre of Gabriel Landeskog (their Captain, just coming into his prime) would take a 1st, Boeser or Virtanen AND a dman (Edler or Hutton)...otherwise WHY would they do it? They're not trading one of their top NHL players for a couple of unproven prospects...they need to fill other holes with NHL ready players AND get a return for trading what was their top prospect and, again, is just now coming into his prime.

5/ Burrows is useless to the Sabres. The only team Burrows needs to be on is a current SC contender (Rangers, Lightning, Kings, Blackhawks etc). And quite frankly, I doubt Burrows would waive to go anywhere other than a contender.

5/ I think that's enough reasons for now...I'll let someone else chime in.

Kings and Rangers are done. Penguins, Blackhawks, Panthers, Sharks, Capitals and Lightning is whats up.

12 minutes ago, ABNuck said:

Oh and PS...you've sent out 10.5mil and taken on 16.32mil...

trade high paying players/assets, for draft picks???..... That could open cap space.... I'm sure Canucks department could figure something out, I mean there's highly educated business guys who work there....  Plus maybe Kane/Yakipov teams could retain % of salary.... Really think Landeskog/Kane/Yakipov 

are def worth the risk;)

1 minute ago, Knucks16 said:

That can be changed... Just trade high paying players/assets, for draft picks???..... I'm sure Canucks department could figure something out, I mean there's highly educated business guys....

Such as who? Who do you trade to dump almost 4mil and still field an NHL team? And how many of our high dollar players have NMC's / NTC's? If it was so easy to dump salary then why haven't they done it already and chase more desirable F/A's? There are few players on the Canucks that didn't cost us to acquire therefore why expend an asset to acquire someone just to turn around and dump him to shed salary?

And BTW, the 4mil dump is just an estimate. The roles abandoned by those players will still have to be filled, so more likely need to shed 5 to 6 mil then acquire or promote 2 or 3 players around 750k to 1.0mil each (think bigger picture...it helps with proposals...they have to fit role, position, need, cap etc).

28 minutes ago, Knucks16 said:

trade high paying players/assets, for draft picks???..... That could open cap space.... I'm sure Canucks department could figure something out, I mean there's highly educated business guys who work there....  

I think this can work with the right assets....

3 minutes ago, billabong said:

Kane is a cancer I wouldn't let him anywhere near my team

landeskog would be amazing but I think the fans are forcing the realization of his name being shopped. To me boeser and virtanen are next to untouchable. 

If not Boeser then who????

Hansen????? I'm sure there gonna want a guy like Boeser for a trade like this to go through..... Just my opinion..... Plus I'm also thinking for Sedin twins;) to try and get one more crack for the Stanley cup before retirement:)

35 minutes ago, Knucks16 said:

Hansen????? I'm sure there gonna want a guy like Boeser for a trade like this to go through..... Just my opinion..... Plus I'm also thinking for Sedin twins;) to try and get one more crack for the Stanley cup before retirement:)

Then nobody, the trade isn't viable with what the canucks have to work with. Oh how if we still had shinkaruk he could be a start, we all would love to see the sedins have one more go but it won't be when they are the 1st line. It needs to be when the young players can make a big impact, will that coincide while the sedins are still around remains to be seen. 

23 minutes ago, Knucks16 said:

Now I'm unbelievably confused...have I got this right? The Sedins for Landeskog? The Avs have less than 1 mil in capspace but somehow magically they can take on 14 mil by trading away 5.7? Do you even understand the salary cap? Do you understand hockey at all?

I can one up your proposal:

1/ Burrows and Hansen to PIT for Crosby and Malkin. Why do this? Crosby and Malkin have won enough SC's with Pittsburgh. It's only fair that the league forces them to win some cups somewhere else.

2/ Miller to LA for Quick. Why do they do this? Because Miller's wife is an actress. The Kings like actresses and Hollywood. Why not help out a player be closer to his wife. It only makes sense IMHO.

3/ Sbisa to Nashville for Subban. Multiple reasons for this trade. PK comes to Vancity to play with his brother. He has also shown that he likes being traded (it's already happened once so why not again?) and both their names start with S so it seems like a no-brainer to me.

4/ Biega to Montreal for Weber. Bulldog is small...Weber is big. Some may argue this trade but I think at least it's an upgrade in size. Montreal easily does this trade...after-all Weber just got there and he probably doesn't speak French anyways.

5/ Re-sign Ballard and Raymond (we get 2 free players). Instantly flip them to Tampa for Stamkos. Why do this? Couple reasons. First we get Ballard and Raymond for nothing, so to flip them technically costs us nothing. Secondly, many "experts" stated that Stamkos was a good fit in Vancouver therefore we should have got him...if the media says it...it must be true. So really it's only fair. As for the cap, not to worry. We can go WAY over and all we have to do is call Gary and let him know. JB has him on speed dial...so no big deal.

So to realize our lines:

1st Malkin, Crosby, Stamkos, Eriksson, Weber and Subban (we pull the goalie whenever the 1st line is on the ice)

2nd Horvat, Baertschi, Tanev and Edler (only 4 players...we need PK practice anyways).

3rd (see 1st)

4th (see second)

Crazy right? But there are some top NHL people working for the Canucks...I'm positive they can make it work.

11 minutes ago, ABNuck said:

Now I'm unbelievably confused...have I got this right? The Sedins for Landeskog? The Avs have less than 1 mil in capspace but somehow magically they can take on 14 mil by trading away 5.7? Do you even understand the salary cap? Do you understand hockey at all?

I can one up your proposal:

1/ Burrows and Hansen to PIT for Crosby and Malkin. Why do this? Crosby and Malkin have won enough SC's with Pittsburgh. It's only fair that the league forces them to win some cups somewhere else.

2/ Miller to LA for Quick. Why do they do this? Because Miller's wife is an actress. The Kings like actresses and Hollywood. Why not help out a player be closer to his wife. It only makes sense IMHO.

3/ Sbisa to Nashville for Subban. Multiple reasons for this trade. PK comes to Vancity to play with his brother. He has also shown that he likes being traded (it's already happened once so why not again?) and both their names start with S so it seems like a no-brainer to me.

4/ Biega to Montreal for Weber. Bulldog is small...Weber is big. Some may argue this trade but I think at least it's an upgrade in size. Montreal easily does this trade...after-all Weber just got there and he probably doesn't speak French anyways.

5/ Re-sign Ballard and Raymond (we get 2 free players). Instantly flip them to Tampa for Stamkos. Why do this? Couple reasons. First we get Ballard and Raymond for nothing, so to flip them technically costs us nothing. Secondly, many "experts" stated that Stamkos was a good fit in Vancouver therefore we should have got him...if the media says it...it must be true. So really it's only fair. As for the cap, not to worry. We can go WAY over and all we have to do is call Gary and let him know. JB has him on speed dial...so no big deal.

So to realize our lines:

1st Malkin, Crosby, Stamkos, Eriksson, Weber and Subban (we pull the goalie whenever the 1st line is on the ice)

2nd Horvat, Baertschi, Tanev and Edler (only 4 players...we need PK practice anyways).

3rd (see 1st)

4th (see second)

Crazy right? But there are some top NHL people working for the Canucks...I'm positive they can make it work.

Sedins ain't going anywhere! There's no way I included the Sedins for any trades! I'm a Sedin fan for shizzoB) your also totally exadurating your proposals. I think cap space can be dealt with these trades, aswell maybe trading Hansen aswell for a draft pick to shed cap space for these players... Something again like I said, For the business side of the Canucks organization to figure out;)

Archived