The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van-Win Van-Edm

Knucks16

3 hours ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Why would we set the bar so low and target Laine and PJ when we obviously have the assets to just grab McDavid and say a Crosby or Toews or P. Kane??

Slight revision to make it a little more fair:

To Vancouver Canucks

Patrick laine + Jacob Trouba 

To Winnipeg Jets

Bo Horvat or Alex Edler + Brendan Gaunce aswell a 2017 1st round pick,+ Tanev

To Vancouver Canucks

Jesse Puljujarvi RNH

To Edmonton Oilers

Sven Baertschi + Luca Sbsia + Guillaume Brisebois and a 2017 2nd round pick, + Virtanen

Now excluding what the teams actually need those are closer in value.

Sbisa carries negative value so you have to add more (eat his salary - like 90% if it were possible lol) in any trade hes involved in. Brisebois & Gaunce have little to no value. Edler wont waive so hell be with Vancouver until he retires. 

While I agree that the original poster has to majorly up his value of what the Canucks give up (or just scrap the terrible trade ideas altogether)...I think you're overvaluing that Trouba trade. I just don't think he's worth Horvat, Tanev and a 1st. Maybe take out one of those players and you're good to go.

The RNH trade is more realistic. It's still a steep price for the Canucks to pay and I'm not sure I would do it...But that's what a young center costs these days. 

1 hour ago, ItsMillerTime said:

You said if you were going to trade Edler it be for a proven NHL forward

Yes yes I did I'm also a big time gambler;) lol! I will take more time and effort too see what trade could benefit both teams;) just having some fun;) one too many brewskis I guess;)

7 hours ago, Knucks16 said:

To Canucks

Patrick Laine

To Winnipeg 

Sven Baertschi  + Ben Hutton 2017 1st Rd pick

To Canucks 

Jesse Puljujarvi 

To Edmonton

Brendan Gaunce + Guillaume Brisebois + Luca Sbsia  2017 2nd Rd pick

unfacking believable! all you guys who gave me a minus ten are all delusional, to think we don't need any upgrades to our team!  Sure my propsAls are a little off but we need to do something or were gonna be the next Edmonton Oilers or Toronto maple leafs team that can't make the playoffs! I'm sorry for trying to upgrade our team sorry for being a die hard knucklehead;) and most importantly! sorry I said! I told you so! when we miss the playoffs yet another year! Sure getting Eriksson and Rodin is a plus! But we're still not going anywhere without a second line who can actually produce! Instead leaving the Sedin to do all the work like they had the past several years! For fack!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhh so damn frustrating!!!!!

Okay, a few things here.

1. If you can't take criticism, posting in proposals is not the right place to be, because all posts are criticized.

2. A little off? You were so off, that I honestly thought this was a troll when I first read this. Lets look at this. You had Laine, a potential franchise player, plus Trouba, a potential top pairing defenseman going to Vancouver for Sven Baertschi, who has first line potential, but likely caps at second liner, Hutton, who has top 4 potential at this point, and a 1st. Winnipeg looks at that and blocks your number right there and then. Then, the Edmonton trade is even worse. Edmonton is giving up Puljujarvi, an elite potential prospect, for Gaunce, who at best will be a third liner, Brisebois, who has very low top 4 potential right now, Sbisa, a top 6, and a 2nd. Literally all spare parts, for a player with very high elite potential. Like, you're not even close in value. NHL 16 wouldn't even let these trades go through. Like, you'd be fired for even suggesting these trades.

3. Literally nobody here expects Vancouver to make the playoffs. I don't. So saying I told you so when we miss next year just makes you look like a whiny brat. Saying sorry for being a diehard fan just trying to improve the team with HORRID proposals makes you look even worse.

4. I'm 100% convinced that you're just a troll. 

50 minutes ago, HC20.0 said:

Okay, a few things here.

1. If you can't take criticism, posting in proposals is not the right place to be, because all posts are criticized.

2. A little off? You were so off, that I honestly thought this was a troll when I first read this. Lets look at this. You had Laine, a potential franchise player, plus Trouba, a potential top pairing defenseman going to Vancouver for Sven Baertschi, who has first line potential, but likely caps at second liner, Hutton, who has top 4 potential at this point, and a 1st. Winnipeg looks at that and blocks your number right there and then. Then, the Edmonton trade is even worse. Edmonton is giving up Puljujarvi, an elite potential prospect, for Gaunce, who at best will be a third liner, Brisebois, who has very low top 4 potential right now, Sbisa, a top 6, and a 2nd. Literally all spare parts, for a player with very high elite potential. Like, you're not even close in value. NHL 16 wouldn't even let these trades go through. Like, you'd be fired for even suggesting these trades.

3. Literally nobody here expects Vancouver to make the playoffs. I don't. So saying I told you so when we miss next year just makes you look like a whiny brat. Saying sorry for being a diehard fan just trying to improve the team with HORRID proposals makes you look even worse.

4. I'm 100% convinced that you're just a troll. 

K whatever, take it to heart buds! I'm just speaking the truth ;) you don't have to overreact and start name calling or being verbally harsh! Just makes you look childish! So don't put me at your level! cause all I made were suggestions, and that's all! So grow up buddie! Cause right now your looking like the troll;) good night:)

On 9/2/2016 at 1:01 PM, Knucks16 said:

To Canucks

Patrick Laine

To Winnipeg 

Sven Baertschi  + Ben Hutton 2017 1st Rd pick

To Canucks 

Jesse Puljujarvi 

To Edmonton

Brendan Gaunce + Guillaume Brisebois + Luca Sbsia  2017 2nd Rd pick

to think we don't need any upgrades to our team!  Sure my propsAls are little off, but we need to do something or were gonna be the next Edmonton Oilers or Toronto maple leafs team that can't make the playoffs! I'm sorry for trying to upgrade our team sorry for being a die hard knucklehead;) and most importantly! sorry I said! I told you so! when we miss the playoffs yet another year! And perhaps so forth and so forth. Sure getting Eriksson and Rodin is a plus! But we're still not going anywhere without a second line who can actually produce! Instead leaving the Sedin to do all the work like they had the past several years! For fack!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhh so damn frustrating!!!!! Sorry my bad;) I have faith in Benning;) he and staff will figure something out;)

Wow bad on every level. bad proposals, and hard to follow, And why all the sorry s? Plus past tense regarding future tense. Wrap this one up. terrible Please jb make a trade so we have something to post about. These threads are getting worse as the summer drags on

22 hours ago, bp79 said:

Wow bad on every level. bad proposals, and hard to follow, And why all the sorry s? Plus past tense regarding future tense. Wrap this one up. terrible Please jb make a trade so we have something to post about. These threads are getting worse as the summer drags on

image.jpeg

Archived