The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sven Baertschi Predictions

Sean Avery

21 hours ago, Canucklehead73 said:

Baer will go as far as his skating will take him. It's truly his only flaw in my eyes as he is quite decent at battling against bigger opponents for a smaller player. Still with the right linemates his speed deficiency can be sheltered. I hope to see him have success this year!

deficiency? :rolleyes:

I think he is very efficient with the things he does. And I think he will produce great possesion numbers now Vrbata has gone. Chasing the puck is not what a playmaker should do, his stick will be magnetic for the puck and he will be always in the right spot. He has the mojo, that kind of hockey magic. Trust me.. ::D

Didn't really say anything about chasing the puck... but that being there would be times you do not have the puck.

Frame it any way you like Baer does not have much for pure acceleration and i think it will limit his top end potential imho.

Being able to skate, give yourself time and space , benefits all types of players including play makers.

Just an observation imho I like him as a player and Baer does have a nice skill set and I always appreciate a skill player who can battle on the boards.

Archived