The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Opinion on new car?

NucksPatsFan

8 hours ago, J.R. said:

No offense but that's just ignorant. North Americans have been brainwashed to somehow think all wagons are all this still:

lead_large.jpg

There's an entire universe of awesome wagons out there that offer all the space and flexibility of SUV's but with the better handling, power to weight and gas consumption of cars. Granted, the Outback is a tad on the monotonous side as far as wagons go but Suburu's boxer motor is damn solid and they do make a quality vehicle.

Yes, a totally ignorant comment, but for effect.

I bought my 95 4runner in 97 and still drive it. I'm being pressured to sell it off and buy a wagon, which I'm severely butthurt over.

I'm not selling it. She can get her Subaru, I've told her a hundred times to just go find one she likes, but apparently we don't need two vehicles and I could still get 5 grand for the runner... I'm not amused. Women are insane

5 minutes ago, luckylager said:

I bought my 95 4runner in 97 and still drive it. I'm being pressured to sell it off and by a wagon, which I'm severely butthurt over.

I'm not selling it. She can get her Subaru, I've told her a hundred times to just go find one she likes, but apparently we don't need two vehicles and I could still get 5 grand for the runner... I'm not amused. Women are insane

Yes, but they are beautiful in so many ways - much like your '95 4 runner. B)

43 minutes ago, luckylager said:

I bought my 95 4runner in 97 and still drive it. I'm being pressured to sell it off and buy a wagon, which I'm severely butthurt over.

if i'd ever had a 4runner i may feel exactly the same as you.

i'm on my second awd wagon though and i freakin' love them.

first was a volvo v50, now an audi a4 avant...i just always feel like a rally driver; i live in Toronto so Canucks games end at 1am EST...driving home from a buddy's place with a few inches of new snow and nobody on the streets...good times!

17 hours ago, Mr.DirtyDangles said:

Wagons are pretty dam sweet if you get the right one : )

140319900.jpg?itok=ezEjJvWN

As much as I love handling and descent fuel economy I personally would not touch any new wagon of today.  Quality of parts is going down bigtime as the large automakers are cutting corners by the minute. The price points are insane for what you actually get.  Cadillac you are going to use the warranty in the first 6 months. Audi is just ridiculously overpriced VW parts(3k just for front brakes on avg).  My mechanic has over 20+ years of Audi experience warns me to stay as far away as possible if you want a reliable car.

A personal friend of my dads is a actually a Mechanic for Subaru and is also the head mechanic for a southern Alberta rally team that uses suby's. I get a ton of info form this guy HE is a guru. Tells me Subaru seems to have finally fixed their head issues that plagued them for decades, still they break all the time. I know 3 wrx owners(that do not rally) and they are PO'ed bigtime lol. ONe has had the clutch fail 3 times in 2 years :( from casual commuting.  The worst ignition tumblers on the planet !  They also have possibly the worst wheel bearing supplier in the entire world ? Not to mention the worst mileage of all the imports.

Taco's imho are Canada's truck.  Rugged, descent power, great styling compared to competition(if that really even matters)Overpriced hell yes but it does have he highest resale value of any vehicle in Canada. They have only ever had one real issue and that is the rear driverside leaf pack. All of them eventually break.

I personally love utilitarian vehicles that serve multiple purposes.  The trade off for mid sized trucks economy in usefulness is huge honestly.  Cant throw 20 6 foot 2x4's in any wagon if you dont want to ruin something in the interior :(

I have always felt 2 cars is teh way to go. One for just commuting and groceries. While the smaller truck handles all the other needs. Saves both vehicles from unneeded wear and tear.

Exacery.

i do understand that if you live and work in the city then chances are it's a one car deal and a crossover type or commuter.  There isn't much space, and not much need for a lift of lumber.

i suppose thats why most peeps keep tabs on a buddy in the burbs or the sticks who owns a truck.B)

its a damn shame to hear you speak of the autoparts/assembly industry that way.  Built to throw away and so much wasted time and money for the owner.

Archived