Blazer8717

40 minutes ago, Hortankin said:

Tryamkin

Rodin will impress

Subban will get call ups

Gaunce will play full time

Juolevi may force an Edler trade

Stecher will also get call ups

Bold I disagree with, others well debatable.

Subban isn't ready, even Benning and Green have said he needs another season in the AHL at least. He's had a positive year last year but still needs to learn to play with his size deficiency on the defensive side. That is the goal this year, I think you're ahead of yourself on that one. Especially when these guys are ahead of him

Edler/Tanev

Hutton/Gudbrandson

Sbisa/Tryamkin

Larsen

Biega

Pedan

So basically all three of those players have to be down (last three) plus a regular or all of them down and one lost on waivers etc. Reality is there is just too much depth ahead of him and I can't see the nucks wanting to Lose Pedan to waivers, they've promised Larsen a shot so he will get alot of rope, and sure maybe lose Biega but that would still put Subban 3rd as the depth guy at best. So from both a 'play' perspective and logic perspective it doesn't make much sense to me.

Stecher hasn't had a minute even in the AHL - we know the AHL is a few steps up on College, even Demko has stated this. I can't see Stecher making that jump yet and he faces the same issue that applies to Subban -->depth chart.

Gaunce is a maybe in my view. He'll be the first call up in my view and start the season with the team but I am not sure if he'll stick the whole season. I suspect more like 30 games but would be happy if he stuck around.

Tryamkin for sure and Rodin when he's physically ready.  Larson and Pedan (perhaps 4th line W) will be given a lot of opportunities.

The best thing for the team is if Grenier or Zalewski are ready.  Probably more likely they will end up back in Utica.

Gaunce (being waiver exempt) will be #1 FW  and gets plenty of calls during the season. 

If Biega slips through waivers, he will be the #1 d call-up.

Finally, I really don't want to see Juolevi rushed. 

As far as Calder eligibles go, probably Tryamkin has the best chance of an opening night lineup spot. Although I suspect, barring injuries, the 3rd pairing will be Sbisa-Larsen, with Tryamkin in the press box for game one.

But the big Russian will definitely get a healthy number of GP this season.

I just think Desjardins will go with his vets and won't sit Sbisa for opening night. And Benning has hinted at using Larsen in a key PP role, so he likely gets the nod ahead of Tryamkin (if everyone is healthy).

Iono but I hope Jayson Megna makes the team. I have him on my Cdc puck team. 

Other than that idc who I think. Whoever deserves it based on camp and pre season should get it... 

I'd be happy for Jordan for sure.  Good luck to all the kids... Need as many of the to make an impact as possible 

13 hours ago, MiloFrenzy said:

Lets agree to disagree , J.Subban should have been a Forward / RW ,

Defence??? NHL ??? Someone set J.Subban on the wrong path .

I have been saying that all along. JB is saying he's missing a gritty forward who has a scoring touch. Subban can play D but is a little small for the league but as a RW I feel he could Definitely work out and be effective in the 3rd line role for energy, grittiness, and a little scoring touch as well

Subban would be an amazing forward. Imagine we tested that in the preseason and he shined.

Sedin Sedin Eriksson

Subban Sutter Hansen

Baertschi Horvat Rodin

Granlund Gaunce Etem

Burrows/Dorsett

I this his high intensity offensive play would make him a great forward. I preached it for a while but I also think he will still turn into a great PP Dman for us. 

I would atleast give him some games in Utica as a forward and see how it goes. It's his best shot at becoming a regular for the Canucks with our massively improved D depth. I think he'd be a pain for defenders to fight off the wall while he's forechecking. Please don't trade Subban Benning he will be a star in this league!

Skimming through this thread one needs to understand who qualifies as rookies.

Virtanen and Larsen are not rookies, they have surpasses the number of NHL  games needed to be classified as rookies.

Subban, Rodin, Stecher, OJ, Gaunce, Tryamkin, Pedan etc are,

Of this group, Gaunce, Rodin and Tryamkin will be all that makes it.

Honorable mention to OJ but the numbers game keep him out of the opening lineup.

Trymakin's contract makes it clear he'll be on that opening night team no matter what. If not, he won't be a Canuck.

I want Juolevi to be on that starting roster too, but I really think that unless this team is making a huge push for a cup run (which is not a possibility at this point), we should let him develop a little more. I do think Subban has earned his chance to play at least a couple games with the big boys this year.

17 hours ago, Blazer8717 said:

1.Who do you think will make the Canucks roster opening night?

2. Who do you think is a darkhorse/unexpected player to make the team?

3. Who do you want to make the team this year?

1. Tryamkin. Was good in 13 game tryout. His long reach can bail him out if he's caught flat footed or out of position. Can't be knocked off the puck.

2. Jordan Subban. This guy could force the Canucks to give him a roster spot. Was one of the best players at last years Young Stars Tournament. Shocked they didn't give him any pre-season games. If given pre-season games this year I predict Subban will have a strong showing and earn a 9 game NHL tryout.

3. Jordan Subban. For same reasons as above, plus he scored 11 goals and 25 assists in 67 games in Utica last season. The Canucks could use his offense. I hope he's not overlooked because of his size. Seems like a really smart player, could be the next Torey Krug.

Your turn.

1. Jordan Subban

2. Jordan Subban

3. Jordan Subban

4. Jordan Subban

17 hours ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

The 9 game nhl try out is usually for CHL eligible players since After 9 games you burn à year off of their ELC. J Subbs will not get that look since hé is in thé AHL and is not waiver eligible, therefore hé will start in thé AHL and be à call up Unless hé blows training camp out of the water and forces à spot on thé team. 

I was going to make a comment about how you are writing with a French accent but then I see you're from France.  :P

1.  Tryamkin will make the team (if he hasn't already)

2.  Juolevi would be my dark horse.  Not sure I want him to though.  He will do very well in London this year I think and benefit greatly from it.

3.  Gaunce is who I want to make the team.

Not that I don't think that Rodin, Larsen and Pedan all have good shots at making the team.  I just have preference for the above.

13 hours ago, Hortankin said:

Tryamkin

Rodin will impress

Subban will get call ups

Gaunce will play full time

Juolevi may force an Edler trade

Stecher will also get call ups

I hope your right, and believe you mostly are, except I agree with Knuckles above, especially about Stecher, he needs some good time in the A..now if Juolevi could force an Edler trade, could we possibly get a younger potential top 6 power forward in return??? Or maybe we'd have to wait until the TDL (if he isn't injured) to get back that kind of a return..

21 hours ago, Nuckles80 said:

Can always be moved up later. He's learning body positioning with his size so that will help with whatever position he plays.

His speed and puck handling skills could make him another marty st louis. I hope they at least try it if defense doesn't seem to be working for him at the NHL level (if it comes to that) before they give up / bury him in the AHL

Sorry bud, I can't help myself....
If you believe there is any chance of Jordan Subban being moved up to the wing, and becoming another Marty St. Louis, simply because he's small and skilled, well then, I have some magic beans to sell you.

I'll give you a really good deal too, promise.  

5 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

1.  Tryamkin will make the team (if he hasn't already)

2.  Juolevi would be my dark horse.  Not sure I want him to though.  He will do very well in London this year I think and benefit greatly from it.

3.  Gaunce is who I want to make the team.

Not that I don't think that Rodin, Larsen and Pedan all have good shots at making the team.  I just have preference for the above.

I agree that Gaunce deserves it though it looks like Burrows will play 4th line LW and Granlund at center so can't see where they'd fit him in. Poor kid. 

9 hours ago, Ojibwa72 said:

I have been saying that all along. JB is saying he's missing a gritty forward who has a scoring touch. Subban can play D but is a little small for the league but as a RW I feel he could Definitely work out and be effective in the 3rd line role for energy, grittiness, and a little scoring touch as well

copy cat!

Archived