(Discussion) Opening Night Rookie

Blazer8717

On 9/5/2016 at 0:13 AM, Nuckles80 said:

1. Tryamkin

2. Gaunce

3. Virtanen

4. Pedan

5. Juolevi 9 games and back to Junior

Virtanen and Gaunce are no longer rookies. Both played 20 or more NHL games last season.

Unless there's an injury Juolevi won't get 9 games. I doubt they'll put somebody through waivers to just give him a taste. He'll either be on the roster because he's the best choice, or back to junior after preseason.

9 hours ago, davydgoliath said:

I agree that Gaunce deserves it though it looks like Burrows will play 4th line LW and Granlund at center so can't see where they'd fit him in. Poor kid. 

Ya, Gaunce could be 13th forward though.

I see Burrows slotting in up and down the line up for injured players because he is versatile and as he does that, Gaunce can take a spot in the bottom 6.  Being able to play centre will help him just as it did for Linden Vey when he was 13th forward.

Tryamkin, Pedan, Rodin. 

I think Gaunce will come up eventually and probably play over half the season on the Canucks. 

Pedan will be kept around as a spare. He is a good enough player but doesn't make it on this basis. His size and intimidation could be very useful in some of the "heavy" games. I'd rather have him in than say Granlund if we are facing a tough, physical matchup. 

I'm really curious to see if Gaunce gets a chance.   His points in the A last year were quiet a bit higher than the year before, and he played 20 less games.  

If he played a full year I the AHL, he would have had 30 goals and at least 30 assists.  

Does he have more offensive skills than he is known for?  

Id love to see him finally make the team and see if he can do better with more structured game.  

Archived