The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PTO] Peter Mueller with Bruins

ItsMillerTime

1 hour ago, Monty said:

Can anyone explain why exactly he fizzled out in the NHL? Never paid much attention to him, so don't know exactly what was missing from his game.

Concussion problems I think. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/7/2016 at 9:20 AM, Monty said:

Can anyone explain why exactly he fizzled out in the NHL? Never paid much attention to him, so don't know exactly what was missing from his game.

You haven't gotten the full story yet,

Everything about concussion and injuries is true, however....

In addition to al that Mueller was not %100 committed to Hockey and thought about quitting the NHL in his first couple of years. He is a very serious Christian and said something about how Hockey was conflicting with his spiritual life, I don't know if I buy that, but the passion needed to withstand the NHL grind just wasn't there.

Also, he was drafted by an organization who, at that time seemed committed to destroying the careers of any young offensive talent unlucky enough to land there, ask Kyle Turris about that.

I wonder how much of an effect being with the Coyotes early in his career had, however iunlikeTurris who stood up and demanded a trade thus saving his career. Mueller stayed with the Yote's long enough to become injury prone so by the time he left he was only getting short contracts.

It's an interesting story, one who's details we will never know.

8 hours ago, terrible.dee said:

You haven't gotten the full story yet,

Everything about concussion and injuries is true, however....

In addition to al that Mueller was not %100 committed to Hockey and thought about quitting the NHL in his first couple of years. He is a very serious Christian and said something about how Hockey was conflicting with his spiritual life, I don't know if I buy that, but the passion needed to withstand the NHL grind just wasn't there.

Also, he was drafted by an organization who, at that time seemed committed to destroying the careers of any young offensive talent unlucky enough to land there, ask Kyle Turris about that.

I wonder how much of an effect being with the Coyotes early in his career had, however iunlikeTurris who stood up and demanded a trade thus saving his career. Mueller stayed with the Yote's long enough to become injury prone so by the time he left he was only getting short contracts.

It's an interesting story, one who's details we will never know.

I couldn't find anything on this story, mind linking us up? If that's what sidetracked his career, that'd be interesting to read about for sure.

Archived