Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks future 1C


Shayster007

Future 1C  

195 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, terrible.dee said:

Hey! We agree on something! Neat!

 

I'll take it a step further and say Reinhart should have been acquired at his draft. As for right now, Horvat stays but anything else is fair game.

 

We need this, it's so f%^&king obvious. I think JB and Trev have already tried to go in this direction and Aqua has stopped them, but Reinhart is ripe for the picking, it's time. What gets the deal done? We agree to take on Kane's contract. Buffalo couldn't give us Sam fast enough if we take that burden off them.

 

Is Reinhart worth it you say? THE GAMBLE MUST BE TAKEN, and at this point that's more important to restructuring the chemistry of this team than the player coming back.

Why is Reinhart ripe for the picking? Some one early suggested Tanev straight across for Reinhart. I would do that deal in a flash.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think Bo will definitely get the A, but with him only (probably) being a 2nd liner and Boeser having the A in North Dakota right now and having 1st line potential, it will probably go to him. Didn't give me an option to choose him though, so for the LOL's, I picked Benning's favourite choice... Vey. :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 08/09/2016 at 4:13 PM, Hairy Kneel said:

It's when we start looking at our forwards that's when I am reminded of why I wanted Tkachuk with the pick. Part of me would want to go back and still switch the pick to strengthen our forward group. But it is what it is. Go Nux Go!

 

LA doesn't win cup without Doughty.

Boston doesn't win cup without Chara.

Detroit needed Lidstrom a few times.

Chicago doesn't win without Keith & Seabrook. 

Need D too. Balance is more key than anything...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

^^Not talking about winning the Cup this year but moving towards it. I think we have something special with the two of Guddy and Big Nik. (Chara style) and could have waited to add a PMD BPA in the next two or three drafts. 

I feel we have over loaded on D picks this year with a few promising defensive prospects as PMD in the system (we hope one pans out) and had the latitude -in this draft- to move over to the top forward pick .

The only thing that could assuage me with this years top pick would be a trade for a top winger/forward - with real secondary scoring capability. Hopefully that trade will happen before the TD.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

^^^^

 

 

Prefectly fine with going all in on defence this year.  At the end of last season it was our biggest weakness.  We may be in the bottom half of the league with a d Corps again this year, but I believe the trend will be upward, not downward. 

 

 Juolevi has all the brains and tools to be a very good NHL defender.  Better than any defender on our roster, maybe one of the best in org history.  A glaring hole in the roster.

 

 

Not something we can add by trade or FA easily. At the same time Baer was picked up for a 2nd. He has the potential to be a top six LW easily. I expect by the end of this season he will have proved that o many. 

 

Adding a top six player is hard but not as impossible as getting a top 2 defender.  

 

Having a a top center in the system is what every team wants, and is almost as hard to get as top 2 defenders.  If Reinhart is available we have to trade anyone but Juolevi, Boeser and Horvat. Would hate to give up Virtannen, but would be willing too for Reinhart. 

 

Benning has won my complete support in his drafting and amature scouting.  Not worried about where we pick, JB will add a good piece or two to the roster.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Sean Avery said:

I think Bo will definitely get the A, but with him only (probably) being a 2nd liner and Boeser having the A in North Dakota right now and having 1st line potential, it will probably go to him. Didn't give me an option to choose him though, so for the LOL's, I picked Benning's favourite choice... Vey. :P

Sure would be nice to have Roland Mckewon in our system right now

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For me it is all about development timeline. In the next 2 - 3 years Benning has to replace the Twins and most of the existing forward vets. That places Horvat-Baer-Etem-Grandlund into a serious leadership position. That is a stretch at the current time. Because of the lack of prospect depth, particularly up front, Benning has to draft well and haunt the UFA and College markets.

 

The Canucks are years away from any form of CUP challenge.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

^^Not talking about winning the Cup this year but moving towards it. I think we have something special with the two of Guddy and Big Nik. (Chara style) and could have waited to add a PMD BPA in the next two or three drafts. 

I feel we have over loaded on D picks this year with a few promising defensive prospects as PMD in the system (we hope one pans out) and had the latitude -in this draft- to move over to the top forward pick .

The only thing that could assuage me with this years top pick would be a trade for a top winger/forward - with real secondary scoring capability. Hopefully that trade will happen before the TD.

 

It takes Defensemen +\- 8 years from draft day to reach full prime. There are exceptions but not many. What if these guys don't reach their full potential? You are forever waiting 5 years to get them in the league. If I was a GM or pro scout I would try to draft 4 defensemen out of 7 picks every year at a minimum. If I'm picking after say pick 15 in the First, I'm taking the best defensemen available.

 

If Larsen can land a guy like Taylor Hall then why even bother drafting a winger? A young promising defensemen can land you almost any winger in the league. 

 

Newsflash:

Jordan Subban is not going to be the #1 PMD this organization has been chasing for multiple decades. The chances are he won't play 100 games in the NHL. His AHL #s look great, but so did BoSang's and he ain't 5'9". 

 

We were in dire need of picking Oli Juolevi, The Jackets might have given us a blessing. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

^^Not talking about winning the Cup this year but moving towards it. I think we have something special with the two of Guddy and Big Nik. (Chara style) and could have waited to add a PMD BPA in the next two or three drafts. 

I feel we have over loaded on D picks this year with a few promising defensive prospects as PMD in the system (we hope one pans out) and had the latitude -in this draft- to move over to the top forward pick .

The only thing that could assuage me with this years top pick would be a trade for a top winger/forward - with real secondary scoring capability. Hopefully that trade will happen before the TD.

 

The hardest holes to fill are on the back end. Once U have that U can use that over load of D to find your forwards.

If we are building for anything I believe the Cup is what it should be for. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On September 8, 2016 at 3:16 PM, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Sorry but this is exactly what I meant in my post with people having ridiculous expectations of a number one center.  In the last 5 season only 6 players have passed the 90 point mark.  Crosby, Malkin, Giroux, Stamkos, Sedin, Backstrom. Only 4 of those players did this more than once. 

We've been blessed with Hank, but he's not where the bar is set for #1 centers,  If people lowered these expectations to be more realistic they'd see a 70 point center is more of the league average and that Bo is more than able to carry a team.  To add further onto this.

 

In 2016 the penguins won the cup, their #1 center Crosby had 85 points
In 2015 the Hawks won the cup, their #1 center Toews had 66 points
In 2014 the Kings won the cup, their #1 center Kopitar had 70 points
In 2013 the Hawks won the cup, their #1 center Toews had 48 points (80.3 ppg pace)
In 2012 the Kings won the cup, their #1 center Kopitar had 76 points
In 2011 the Bruins won the cup, their #1 Bergeron had 64 points
In 2010 the Hawks won the cup, their #1 center Toews had 68 points

 

Excellent post. 

 

Another stat to note, is that 3/4 names you mentioned have been Selke Trophy winner's in the 5 years. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

^^^^

 

A Selkie winning center is far more important than a art Ross winning center to a championship team.  We have a very good young center that has the makings of that key Clutch preformer that teams are looking for.  

 

He will never likely have a chance to lead the league is scoring, but Bo could become a Selkie nominee and Conn Smythe worthy player. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

It takes Defensemen +\- 8 years from draft day to reach full prime. There are exceptions but not many. What if these guys don't reach their full potential? You are forever waiting 5 years to get them in the league. If I was a GM or pro scout I would try to draft 4 defensemen out of 7 picks every year at a minimum. If I'm picking after say pick 15 in the First, I'm taking the best defensemen available.

 

If Larsen can land a guy like Taylor Hall then why even bother drafting a winger? A young promising defensemen can land you almost any winger in the league. 

 

Newsflash:

Jordan Subban is not going to be the #1 PMD this organization has been chasing for multiple decades. The chances are he won't play 100 games in the NHL. His AHL #s look great, but so did BoSang's and he ain't 5'9". 

 

We were in dire need of picking Oli Juolevi, The Jackets might have given us a blessing. 

 

While, if you were the GM, my guess is you would be fired petty fast.

 

 People need to stop acting like that trade was fair value. If it was any other team in the league besides the Oilers, the price for Larsson would be at a lower cost. The Oilers were dealing from a point of disadvantage. It's been reported several times that Ray Shero told Chiarelli that Hall was the only piece that would get it done because he knew how desperate they were. 

 

Using you're logic, the exact same thing would happen if you didn't have any wingers. Ie. The team you're trading with makes it out with highway robbery as you had zero bargaining power. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...