The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks future 1C

MeanSeanBean

Future 1C  

195 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

21 hours ago, LaBamba said:

If you are going to be funny make sure you are clear in your insult cause I don't know if you are making fun of my hate or love for Subban. Brutal insult. 

Bamba,

This was a joke, and meant as one. You have made your thoughts on Subban well known.  Just given you a light hearted ribbing. No insult was meant.  

EW

1 hour ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

Bamba,

This was a joke, and meant as one. You have made your thoughts on Subban well known.  Just given you a light hearted ribbing. No insult was meant.  

EW

I love insults, just promise me you'll do better next time. 

On September 12, 2016 at 8:26 AM, Mr.53 said:

I think Bo can do it. But, I think we should target Michael Rasmussen in next years draft to bounce off Bo. Who knows whats going to happen that's so far from now, but he brings a 6'5 presence with skill and athletism. Exactly what Benning wants. Players like that are rare. You should try and draft them and develop them early. After that, keep building around that core. But it would be a strong core.

Rasmussen is a local kid from Surrey too! 

It's weird though, he's a large centre with skill, athleticism, plays physical and with a power game, and he has put up a good amount of points in his rookie WHL year and in the U17 tournament, but he's ranked later on in the the 1st round in prospect rankings. I wonder what gives.

But I think Bo has the potential to be a 1C. By production and usage he's already a lower-end 2C right now. 

1 hour ago, Blömqvist said:

It's weird though, he's a large centre with skill, athleticism, plays physical and with a power game, and he has put up a good amount of points in his rookie WHL year and in the U17 tournament, but he's ranked later on in the the 1st round in prospect rankings. I wonder what gives.

But I think Bo has the potential to be a 1C. By production and usage he's already a lower-end 2C right now. 

He will rise over next year. The draft is a long ways away. But still, imagine that combo. Virtanen and Boeser will bounce off eachother, as would Bo and Rasmussen. On the left we would have Baertschi and an open spot, but I think we have enough talented prospects that one will surprise.

With that as a forward core, Thatcher Demko, and our newfound Defence we could be a force

7 hours ago, Blömqvist said:

It's because of the S-word (hint, see your first sentence). :P

11 hours ago, Mr.53 said:

He will rise over next year. The draft is a long ways away. But still, imagine that combo. Virtanen and Boeser will bounce off eachother, as would Bo and Rasmussen. On the left we would have Baertschi and an open spot, but I think we have enough talented prospects that one will surprise.

With that as a forward core, Thatcher Demko, and our newfound Defence we could be a force

Imagine our team then... heavyweights with skill. Virtanen, Horvat, Gudbranson, Tryamkin, and possibly Rasmussen. Plus Boeser and Baerstchi and Hutton and Juolevi as pure skill. Ohhhhh baby what a team that would be

7 hours ago, Blömqvist said:

Imagine our team then... heavyweights with skill. Virtanen, Horvat, Gudbranson, Tryamkin, and possibly Rasmussen. Plus Boeser and Baerstchi and Hutton and Juolevi as pure skill. Ohhhhh baby what a team that would be

Big athletic skilled 2-way players who can play multiple styles of hockey against multiple types of players. They would be an extremely tough team to play against. I'm all on the Rasmussen train. Makes the no Dubois hurt much much less. In fact, Rasmussen and Juolevi? Nice!

Our local radio station is really pushing the idea that the twins and Eriksson will have a big year. This could be but the teams success will revolve around the youth. Players like Horvat , Baerstchi , Virtamen ,Hutton , Gaunce , Etem and Granlund.  They are the key to our success. They are the ones who will make the club have a balanced attack. We could be a one line wonder or Horvat could come out early in the season and have a break out season.

Whether you rebuild on the fly or tear it down you still need the youth to produce to be successful. I think Horvat will have a big year and will be the catalyst. Gaunce , Etem and Virtanen could bring size and grit.

On 9/10/2016 at 1:06 PM, Alflives said:

You both imply our ownership will not allowing this.  I heard on 1040 last week that Aqualini insisted the team make the playoffs, and he had ZERO interest in rebuilding.  Is this kind of what you are both getting at?  I mean Tanev and Hansen to get Reinhart would take us back a step.

rumor has it that's the situation;

my official prediction is that if there's no playoff revenue, aqua is forced to sell I think he needs that money to stay in the game

On September 8, 2016 at 2:52 PM, googlesixtherapper said:

ok in my opinion not that it matters or written in stone..i love bo. but but but !! ive seen both him and brock play. bo is not even a 5 compared to brock on a scale of 1 to 10 . brock is a true beast, better in all aspects compared to bo...sorry bo if u reading this still love ya but brock is the man. bo will be a  second line center his whole nhl career..

Might already have been stated but Brock is a winger!  Bo can be the 1C with a Brock on his wing.

1 hour ago, terrible.dee said:

my official prediction is that if there's no playoff revenue, aqua is forced to sell I think he needs that money to stay in the game

then we need a new owner with deeper pockets. 

1 hour ago, terrible.dee said:

LOL a billionaire needs 2 playoff game''s revenue or will be forced to sell? 2 playoff games makes the difference hey? I think he could airbnb a property of his for a month or two to Jay Z and make that money champ.

Wow - I have no idea where people find this type of nonsense in their brains.

Bo at 40 points is already a decent 2nd line centre. Two years pro he is better than Henrik & Kesler was, and that is without really playing any pro level hockey before starting out in the NHL. What makes it even better, is if we get the Bo Horvat of the second half of last season (30 points) we have a 60 point centre. That is already on the fringe of first line centres in the NHL. 

I don't think he will be an elite level player, and if Bo is our number one we will need a really good number two. As of right now, he is the only guy. 

If we tank and draft Nolan Patrick, gravy. 

Archived