The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[NHL Trade Rumors] Gabriel Landeskog to Vancouver Canucks?

Sean Avery

25 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

nope i do not agree with your view

shink trade was done to meet an immediate need on the nucks

created by injury to sutter and mccann failing badly as a reliable center

h. sedin was also dealing with injury

granlund was acquired to deal with that need

shink has done nothing . he may amount to nothing.. the nucks have a history of 1st round smurf selections who have not panned out

historically they seem to like to draft smallish prospects who have slid down the past their apparent draft selection spot and the nucks draft them and try to sell to the fans that this was a steal of a pick at the spot selected

that has never worked out that i can recall in recent draft history

shink fits this profile.. but he may still work out . . but we do not know that yet

Shink did nothing because he wasnt given the oportunity to..he scored 30+ goals in the AHL and didnt once get a call up...you knew the writing was on the wall...JB and WD didnt like him for some reason..plus he was a left over Gillis draft pick which probably sealed his fate..once traded to Calgary he got ice time and scored a few..Shink was also my favorite prospect....although I will say I like Gudbranson and think he will be a big plus for us...not as confident about Granlund....Shink and McCann  two more in our long line of traded away 1st round draft picks.

3 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

Shink did nothing because he wasnt given the oportunity to..he scored 30+ goals in the AHL and didnt once get a call up...you knew the writing was on the wall...JB and WD didnt like him for some reason..plus he was a left over Gillis draft pick which probably sealed his fate..once traded to Calgary he got ice time and scored a few..Shink was also my favorite prospect....although I will say I like Gudbranson and think he will be a big plus for us...not as confident about Granlund....Shink and McCann  two more in our long line of traded away 1st round draft picks.

you are mistaken

shink did get a call up for 1 game with the nucks

and looked out of place

3 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

you are mistaken

and looked out of place

Yeah man, he looked out of place for 1 &^@#ING GAME, I think he's a bust! Why don't we trade Horvat and Tryamkin and Virtanen as well for guys like Kassian? They looked out of place as well! And it's totally not like Shinkaruk then got 2 goals and 3 points in 7 games with the Flames after getting rid of him for a bag of pucks.

1 minute ago, coastal.view said:

you are mistaken

and looked out of place

lol..1 game with hardly any ice..so you made a major decision on him in 1 game.....he didnt look out of place on Calgary and probably wont see the AHL again...we spent two years seasoning Shink in the minors with Green and all he did was improve....not to mention he almost made the team in his first traing camp..he was the last cut...but he is gone so its all moot anyway...I cant count the posts I spent on this board defending Shink and Kassian..not getting into it again..

11 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

Shink scored 27 goals in the AHL last year,..21 with Utica and 6 with Stockton.He's never hit 30 in the AHL....For comparisons sake,Markus Granlund scored 25 G with the Abbotsford Heat the year prior.

3 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

Shink scored 27 goals in the AHL last year,..21 with Utica and 6 with Stockton.He's never hit 30 in the AHL....For comparisons sake,Markus Granlund scored 25 G with the Abbotsford Heat the year prior.

well..close tom 30..not sold on Granlund yet...he isnt his brother. time will tell. but he is a Canuck and I will give him the benifit for now.

Just now, ShakyWalton said:

well..close tom 30..not sold on Granlund yet...he isnt his brother. time will tell.

I give up explaining this to them. Want to hit the bar later tonight with me and O'Riley? We can drive into another Tim Horton's if you want...

22 minutes ago, Sean Avery said:

Yeah man, he looked out of place for 1 &^@#ING GAME, I think he's a bust! Why don't we trade Horvat and Tryamkin and Virtanen as well for guys like Kassian? They looked out of place as well! And it's totally not like Shinkaruk then got 2 goals and 3 points in 7 games with the Flames after getting rid of him for a bag of pucks.

21 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

lol..1 game with hardly any ice..so you made a major decision on him in 1 game.....he didnt look out of place on Calgary and probably wont see the AHL again...we spent two years seasoning Shink in the minors with Green and all he did was improve....not to mention he almost made the team in his first traing camp..he was the last cut...but he is gone so its all moot anyway...I cant count the posts I spent on this board defending Shink and Kassian..not getting into it again..

wow you both sure read a lot into my post

i simply was correcting a mistake that was posted

the mistake being that shink was not called up to the nucks

he was and did not play all that well

nothing more was intended by me

i have previously posted it is too soon to see how shink will fare in the nhl

calm down please

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Looks ligit.  Landeskog will soon be a Canuck.  I bet it's Sbisa, Dorsett, and a second going back though. :lol:

Your kidding right?? This great young prospect is a 1st line guy, captain 25yrs old franchise player 65pt guy, 25 goals..

It will cost us Tanev or Sabisa, Gaunce, 2nd round pick..

I like the trade, ..

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Russell?  Yes he shoots left, but he can play righty too.  He's the best!

I heard that too!  Oh my!  Do you think Daniel knows Henrik's plan to retire?  :lol:

Needs to be a righty. Already too many lefties as it is and I think Russell primarily plays the left side 

edler-gubranson

Russell-sbisa

hutton-tryamkin 

pedan-biega

larsen

1 righty in the top 6 is a cause for concern and pushes gudbranson into an unfair position as the no.2 guy on a new team when he should be the no.3/4 guy 

Archived