The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Preseason

Vegan

9 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Did you know?-

If tune into a certain frequency you can actually hear lettuce screaming as you cut it from the ground.

It's also been proven that grass starts to sweat (or cries, if you ask me) when you start the lawnmower.

And the amazon is being logged to grow soy crops that are destroying the ecosystem and turning it into a desert.

Just so it is clear, reacting to an external stimuli isn't the same as feeling in a conscious way.  Words like "screaming" are misleading.  I've read the same articles based on this research and no one states that there is conscious reaction because scientifically speaking, it factually isn't true.  

As far as destroying the environment goes you are right, but you also neglect to mention that concentrated animal feed operations/animal agriculture is just as devastating if not more, environmentally speaking.  Then again I pollute the environment with my vehicle so I'm no saint either.  

7 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Just so it is clear, reacting to an external stimuli isn't the same as feeling in a conscious way.  Words like "screaming" are misleading.  I've read the same articles based on this research and no one states that there is conscious reaction because scientifically speaking, it factually isn't true.  

As far as destroying the environment goes you are right, but you also neglect to mention that concentrated animal feed operations/animal agriculture is just as devastating if not more, environmentally speaking.  Then again I pollute the environment with my vehicle so I'm no saint either.  

Momma says the environment is so mad because it has all them teeth but no toothbrush to brush em with.

21 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Come on, Goose. I'm trying to incite a vegan backlash by throwing around rhetoric.

All this calm, understanding and meaningful, honest conversation is way too sportsmanlike.

Trash talk man, trash talk.

3 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Come on, Goose. I'm trying to incite a vegan backlash by throwing around rhetoric.

All this calm, understanding and meaningful, honest conversation is way too sportsmanlike.

Trash talk man, trash talk.

Just wondering, if a bear eats a Vegan does that make it a herbivore?

4 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Hungry.

It makes the bear hungry...

So if there weren't any vegans then there would be less bear attacks because the bears wouldn't need a meat sauce to chase their vegetables? I'm pretty sure my logic is sound on this one.

6 minutes ago, GarthButcher5 said:

So if there weren't any vegans then there would be less bear attacks because the bears wouldn't need a meat sauce to chase their vegetables? I'm pretty sure my logic is sound on this one.

Flawless logic.

Most unfortunate occurrences can be traced back to their root problem; vegans.

9/11 was actually, you guessed it: vegans 

• -SN- locked this topic

Archived