The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Linden on 1040 - RE: Youngstars

Ossi Vaananen

Just now, khay said:

Our defence and goaltending depth looks pretty solid... but forward depth is way too barren, even if we include Boeser.

Ya, most of our forwards have made the jump to the NHL, or have aged out. Last year we had Gaunce, Virtanen, and McCann. This does give Cassels a chance to shine after a subpar year though. 

1 minute ago, appleboy said:

Cassels  , Gaudette , Lockwood and Stukel.

Even Laplante.

1 hour ago, S'all Good Man said:

Laplante is the guy that interests me the most of the F group - he might be a smaller version of Max Lapierre and could be a real steal.  

56 minutes ago, J.R. said:

I'm also curious about Laplante. Not expecting Gretzky out of him or anything but I have a feeling he's going to look better than a lot of people give credit for and will be a PITA to play against. 

Not a lot of top flight, blue chip guys but there's gamers and guys of interest there.

Just now, J.R. said:

Even Laplante.

Not a lot of top flight, blue chip guys but there's gamers and guys of interest there.

Lets not forget the high draft picks we will see over the next few years. Maybe they will keep our draft picks going forward.

You look at that Young Sirs list of forwards. And add Boeser as a close to blue chip, but our only one besides Gaunce. Who looks good, but not necessarily owning big upside????

And it should become more obvious to some dimwit media types that signing Loui Eriksson takes a HUGE amount of pressure off the prospect talent pool!

9 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

You look at that Young Sirs list of forwards. And add Boeser as a close to blue chip, but our only one besides Gaunce. Who looks good, but not necessarily owning big upside????

And it should become more obvious to some dimwit media types that signing Loui Eriksson takes a HUGE amount of pressure off the prospect talent pool!

But that doesn't fit the narrative that you can only get goal scoring by sucking hard and drafting high.

Was at the game tonight. Couple of things I noticed:

-Jesse Pulujarvi outclassed everyone. He could have whooped are whole team by himself, it seemed like 3 points. One of his goals was a dirty dangle and the other one was Subban not having his man. Open net goal for Jesse, there

-I really liked Troy Stetcher's speed. Subban also had some good speed, but damn that guy can motor around pretty good. Every time he had the puck it seemed like he could make something happen (if he had any sort of decent forward grout to pass to.)

-our forward group is just not very good. Would like to see Zkuenov and Candella play. They weren't in tonight.

-last but not least Olli Juolevi. Comes as advertised. Reads the play well, angles guys off. Back checks pretty well too. The only bad thing I have to say about him right now is his skating needs to get to an NHL level speed. This speed gave me a better idea of what we have in him though.... Hamhuis. That's the kind of player I saw anyways. Anyone else care to chime in?

Archived