VAN

Nyshushkin

DAL

Hansen

Gaunce

Subban

.......really?

1 minute ago, Me_ said:

Yes. Those two isolated events are brought together by Karma; the stuff that'll get you back.

You deserve karmic retribution for that trade proposal you just made.

A free asset leaving the club you offer them our best role player and two of our best NHL or near NHL ready prospects.

Shameful

8 hours ago, Toews said:

I think he isn't happy with his role on the team. They are the highest scoring team in the league and they really don't need his offensive talents enough to make adjustments for him. 

I like this move for both sides. Nichushkin's hasn't progressed like everyone has expected. Maybe going back home might help him reach his potential. The Stars won't really miss him, they will retain his rights and hope that some time in Russia will do him some good.

Far too many Russian kids struggle to adapt to life in NA. The culture, language, size of the ice or even the style of play is vastly different from our own. If you look at some of the best young Russians they are guys who stayed in Russia till they were truly ready like Kuznetsov, Panarin and Tarasenko. Compare them to guys like Grigorenko and Yakupov who flamed out despite being more highly touted than any of those guys. I think it's time the CHL start looking into whether it is actually beneficial to bring in these Russian kids at such an early age.

Respectfully, when Russian prospect flees his NHL organization, it is not a positve.  A top ten pick to boot.  I Differ with your wording, 

This is not a positive situation, but it could have a silver lining, if a lot of things fall into place.  Big if, Nick's weaknesses are mostly away from the puck. It takes development to fix, with a structure from

top to bottom working for the player. This is the farm system working in tandem with the parent club. One of Dallas's strengths. 

The fact that they have such a good development system, it is troubling to see such a high pick eschew it for the KHL.  

Will the CSKA sacrifice on ice production to make his game more NHL compatible?  

How did the Wolves work with developing our young players?  Why would it be any different for the CSKA?  

EW

59 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA lmaoooo

...I remember when parts of cdc were crying when we picked Horvat over this dud. Suck it you pretend know-it-alls.

FWIW it was only 3 years ago Jagr said Nichushkin would be the best player in the world and those same people cried even more for having drafted Bo :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Edit: bring on the butthurt minuses!!! ::D

Aren't we a tad obnoxious today...  :lol:

I gave you a +1 to even you out and to get you out of the red. ^_^

5 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Could see Nichushkin traded. But the only way a team pays anything decent is if they can agree too a contract prior to the t

trade occurring.  That is going too put dallas in a tough place without question.

That's what conditional trades are for...trade for the guy.  If he signs within 12 months of being free from KHL contract the team acquiring Nicushkin gives Dallas a second...if he doesn't sign, they get a sixth or a seventh.  Player remains property of the team acquiring him no matter what after the trade until such time he becomes a UFA under CBA.  Just keep giving him QO to tie him up as an RFA until he becomes a UFA by the time he's a hundred years old (okay, that last bit is an exageration).

1 hour ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

Respectfully, when Russian prospect flees his NHL organization, it is not a positve.  A top ten pick to boot.  I Differ with your wording, 

This is not a positive situation, but it could have a silver lining, if a lot of things fall into place.  Big if, Nick's weaknesses are mostly away from the puck. It takes development to fix, with a structure from

top to bottom working for the player. This is the farm system working in tandem with the parent club. One of Dallas's strengths. 

The fact that they have such a good development system, it is troubling to see such a high pick eschew it for the KHL.  

Will the CSKA sacrifice on ice production to make his game more NHL compatible?  

How did the Wolves work with developing our young players?  Why would it be any different for the CSKA?  

EW

Why exactly is it negative? He isn't playing up to his potential. He isn't getting minutes from Ruff either and the Stars are the highest scoring team in the league. He obviously thinks he needs more development. The KHL is the second best league in the world and has done wonders for the careers of many players like Kuznetsov, Panarin, Tarasenko and now Buchnevich. Now check out the list of Russians that have struggled by coming to NA too early.

Many of them head back to try and resurrect their career where they were most successful and have the comforts of home. Was Rodin going to Sweden a negative? This isn't an uncommon situation. Players come to NA for their dream of playing in the NHL, they don't play up to expectations and eventually head back home and plan on making a comeback when they think they are ready.

1 minute ago, Toews said:

Why exactly is it negative? He isn't playing up to his potential. He isn't getting minutes from Ruff either and the Stars are the highest scoring team in the league. He obviously thinks he needs more development. The KHL is the second best league in the world and has done wonders for the careers of many players like Kuznetsov, Panarin, Tarasenko and now Buchnevich. Now check out the list of Russians that have struggled by coming to NA too early.

Many of them head back to try and resurrect their career where they were most successful and have the comforts of home. Was Rodin going to Sweden a negative? This isn't an uncommon situation. Players come to NA for their dream of playing in the NHL, they don't play up to expectations and eventually head back home and plan on making a comeback when they think they are ready.

He's a big guy too.  Those guys usually take a bit longer to develop I think.  

Stars targeted Denis Guryanov in the draft last year, and just signed him. Nill said the Russian factor - getting to play with Nichushkin - played a part in that decision.

Meanwhile Guryanov scored 5 points in 47 games for his first KHL season, and Nichushkin is running home with his tail between his legs... ...oops.

8 hours ago, Me_ said:

Re-read all the posts in the thread. The hate theme is through the roof.

Haters hating haters.

And you're hating haters hating haters :D

And I'm hating haters hating haters hating haters.

You might be hating  a hater hating you for hating haters hating haters.

I've officially ruined the word hate

1 hour ago, D-Money said:

Stars targeted Denis Guryanov in the draft last year, and just signed him. Nill said the Russian factor - getting to play with Nichushkin - played a part in that decision.

Meanwhile Guryanov scored 5 points in 47 games for his first KHL season, and Nichushkin is running home with his tail between his legs... ...oops.

Maybe the guy misses his home, family, friends, and things familiar?  He can make similar money playing at home, so why stay here if he's not happy?  Yes, we drafted the right guy in Bo.  That's clear, but the other kid is a good player, who we heard about wanting to go play back at home from very early on. 

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Maybe the guy misses his home, family, friends, and things familiar?  He can make similar money playing at home, so why stay here if he's not happy?  Yes, we drafted the right guy in Bo.  That's clear, but the other kid is a good player, who we heard about wanting to go play back at home from very early on. 

To have your name put alongside some of the all-time greats to have ever played game:

EP-150609929.jpg

9 hours ago, DeNiro said:

It was always Horvat vs Domi for me for who we should have drafted, I never wanted Nichushkin. I'm so glad we took Horvat though.

I still remember people going nuts on here when he scored a nice goal in preseason. This was always going to be the risk throughout this guys career. The warning signs were there right from the beginning when he said he wanted to be in the NHL or he would go back to Russia.

Only pick Russians that are willing to come over and play in the CHL or work on their game in the A.

Tryamkin said Nhl or Russia no AHL...

17 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Tryamkin said Nhl or Russia no AHL...

He didn't need time in the AHL. He already developed playing top 4 minutes in the KHL.

I'm fine with players developing overseas, I'm not fine with 18 and 19 year olds trying to call the shots.

Archived