Canucks Community

The Definitive Thread of Unequivocal Boredom

Rate this topic

Tre Mac

14 hours ago, luckylager said:

You should refrain from being honest.

Fat Mike would punch you in the face for that kind of honesty

WTF Tre?! You're gross

Think fat mike is too busy getting pegged right now haha.  I guess it's an album you had to listen to at the time to enjoy it, aside from the vocals you'd think it was a totally different band.  I actually remember listening to Nofx's So Long around the same time, that's when I started hitting the Devil's Lettuce.  

15 hours ago, brilac said:

So today, I spent my day sitting on the couch working on my quilt.  I am now watching Hockey.  I like to plan my day by going to the NHL app on my Roku and look, and be like, there's the Canadiens on at 4pm and then the Canucks at 7pm.  Then I am thinking - should I go to the grocery store?  I have no champagne and I am at the last 2 pieces of Valentines candy, and I wonder if the Valentines candy is cheaper this week than last week.  And now, I am like - oh my, Toronto just scored, deep breaths, and awfulness.  Hmmm, maybe I should make a list, and go to the grocery store tomorrow, and drink my Kombucha and enjoy the last 2 pieces of Valentines candy.  

They both lost:sadno:

7 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

They both lost:sadno:

Yeah, I like to put that behind me.  Hockey was not great last night. 

I went to the grocery store today, and got a big bottle of Kombucha with lots of servings, and my usual foods - salads, tortillas, spinach, and bananas, and chocolate.  Did you know that they are out of Valentines day candy?!! No Valentines day candy.  Anyhow, I bought dark chocolate covered almonds and Mounds bars.  Mounds bars where on sale for 0.50$ each.  

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Salacious Crumb said:

Because my belly button produces lint every day I’ve been thinking about saving the lint up and learning how to knit.

Oh, well I quilt.  I wonder if there are others in the neighborhood who quilt?  Like champagne-Hockey-quilting. 

Edited by brilac
  • Upvote 1

Boss just went home after puking.  Had some stuff I had to go over with him before he left but oh well.  DON'T COME NEAR ME.

Now I'm listening to the whirr-clank of the brokeass 1960 HVAC unit as it lulls me to sleep, only to abruptly end that with intermittent screeches like a horror movie scene.

It keeps fluctuating between AC/freezing to fire in hell heat.  I am watching traffic crawl by the window, searching for someone who can save me.  Haaaaaaalp.

• Upvote 1

Someone asked me how was my night last night, and I automatically thought they were talking about Hockey.  I went on to talk about last night's game, and then the game before that, and especially what happened last Saturday when the Leafs just kept on scoring.  Then they advised they weren't referring to Hockey.  Just wanted to know how my night was.  

I am off work, and heading to the U-District, and maybe Capitol Hill next. Hopefully I score some nice second hand items. I am tired, so hopefully that coffee I had a half hour ago will wake me up.  Two more stops until I am in the U-District.  

I just found out that plant I have been watering, is fake... And all this time I thought I was doing a good job at keeping it alive, that it was doing so  well.  I bought it in the Spring next to the other plants at Trader Joe's, and that it was something cute to put next to the sink.  

So this is how I found out ~

See the glue... Oh and the dirt on it, is from the other plant.  I had them both in the sink watering them.

IMG_20190301_212603418.thumb.jpg.4aa9cf0041f4282caed79e870adedccd.jpg

• Haha 1

I went to the dentist today, and I have no cavities.  The dentist told me to keep doing what I am doing, and after he left, I was smiling and secretly laughing.  I eat candy, I love desserts and chocolate, and I had Reeses peanut butter cups for breakfast with coffee and a protein pack consisting of cheese, dark chocolate covered almonds, and an egg, and was thinking about putting a Reeses peanut butter cup in my coffee.  After the dentist, I felt I really needed some dessert, but I ended up going to a sushi place for sushi, noodles, and cream puffs.  Then I went shopping at Macy's.  They were having a sale, and I bought 2 really big champagne glasses, and other things like pillows and coasters consisting of penguins.  Those champagne glasses are spectacular! 

See ~

Here's one compared to an average champagne glass:

IMG_20190309_204418709.thumb.jpg.baa93bedb8b40d4672855168dea913d0.jpg

Edited by brilac
  • Upvote 1
On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 8:58 PM, brilac said:

I went to the dentist today, and I have no cavities.  The dentist told me to keep doing what I am doing, and after he left, I was smiling and secretly laughing.  I eat candy, I love desserts and chocolate, and I had Reeses peanut butter cups for breakfast with coffee and a protein pack consisting of cheese, dark chocolate covered almonds, and an egg, and was thinking about putting a Reeses peanut butter cup in my coffee.  After the dentist, I felt I really needed some dessert, but I ended up going to a sushi place for sushi, noodles, and cream puffs.  Then I went shopping at Macy's.  They were having a sale, and I bought 2 really big champagne glasses, and other things like pillows and coasters consisting of penguins.  Those champagne glasses are spectacular! 

See ~

Here's one compared to an average champagne glass:

IMG_20190309_204418709.thumb.jpg.baa93bedb8b40d4672855168dea913d0.jpg

I have a dentist appointment next Tuesday, not expecting any cavities but you never know.  "Oh you're covered up to $2k/year?  Looks like we found a minor cavity."  Sure...  Those glasses are huge.

2 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

It's finally getting warm!  First time it's been double digits this year.  No more snow, though I did enjoy going out in the snow after the sauna.  Warning partial nudity.

Hide contents

It is getting warmer!  It's supposed to be 70F for a few days next week.  Anyway I can't open your file without downloaded it.  

Anyway, you know force of habits?  I took my debit card with me today to go to the bank to withdraw money for my day trip.  I went to the bank, and put in my card at the ATM, withdrew cash, and looked at the receipt, and saw I used my credit card instead... and with a $3.00 bank charge.  Oh boy.  

On 3/14/2019 at 4:50 PM, brilac said:

It is getting warmer!  It's supposed to be 70F for a few days next week.  Anyway I can't open your file without downloaded it.  

Anyway, you know force of habits?  I took my debit card with me today to go to the bank to withdraw money for my day trip.  I went to the bank, and put in my card at the ATM, withdrew cash, and looked at the receipt, and saw I used my credit card instead... and with a $3.00 bank charge.  Oh boy.  

At least you didn't leave your card in the ATM.  I've used one and this has happened twice to me, luckily I am not a thief - I even ran out and gave the guy his card back.

I got a tan yesterday B)

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

At least you didn't leave your card in the ATM.  I've used one and this has happened twice to me, luckily I am not a thief - I even ran out and gave the guy his card back.

I got a tan yesterday B)

So I see you posted this around 7am.  How do you wake up early?  My sleeping habits are all over the place. I woke up at 2:30 am on Saturday to go to San Diego, and then I woke up at 10:30 am yesterday.  And I've woken bup at 1pm times before, and have gotten 2-4 hours of sleep some days.

17 minutes ago, brilac said:

So I see you posted this around 7am.  How do you wake up early? 

Mostly thanks to the sauna in our building.  I think another key is I don't sleep in that much, maybe two hours extra on the weekend.  Waking up is the easy part, it's going to bed early that's tough - and that's were exercise and the sauna helps.  I used to wake up early then nap after work, I don't recommend that as it misses up your sleep cycle. 

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Mostly thanks to the sauna in our building.  I think another key is I don't sleep in that much, maybe two hours extra on the weekend.  Waking up is the easy part, it's going to bed early that's tough - and that's were exercise and the sauna helps.  I used to wake up early then nap after work, I don't recommend that as it misses up your sleep cycle. 

That is great, I will try that.  My sleeping schedule is messed up.  It may be easier to get to sleep tonight.  I have a head cold coming on, and I am ruining my diet by eating sushi and chicken katsu.  

• Upvote 1