The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Definitive Thread of Unequivocal Boredom

Rate this topic

Tre Mac

On the ferry and bored.  Got to the ferry dock at 11pm, and missed it as it was pulling away.  Got on the next ferry that left at 12:30am, and it was making another stop, and then heading to Seattle.  Then as leaving the other stop, it was heading back to the island to pick someone up heading to the hospital.  So now we are heading to Seattle.

I hope that person is ok.  They put that person in another ambulance.

I'm just tired.  The bus comes in 38 minutes.  It is 1:37am.

My mother was talking about the other day that they should get a boat.  It's expensive to be air lifted off the island, and the ferry is sporadic at night, but they will have the ferry make special stops if it is an emergency if there is a ferry near by. 

Edited by brilac
11 hours ago, brilac said:

On the ferry and bored.  Got to the ferry dock at 11pm, and missed it as it was pulling away.  Got on the next ferry that left at 12:30am, and it was making another stop, and then heading to Seattle.  Then as leaving the other stop, it was heading back to the island to pick someone up heading to the hospital.  So now we are heading to Seattle.

I hope that person is ok.  They put that person in another ambulance.

I'm just tired.  The bus comes in 38 minutes.  It is 1:37am.

My mother was talking about the other day that they should get a boat.  It's expensive to be air lifted off the island, and the ferry is sporadic at night, but they will have the ferry make special stops if it is an emergency if there is a ferry near by. 

I hate waiting.  You mustve heard a ton of fireworks though, I heard them startup around 8pm and went well after midnight.  I went to the beach and saw a dozen or so different displays, Blaine had a good one.  It really sounded like a warzone down there.

6 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

I hate waiting.  You mustve heard a ton of fireworks though, I heard them startup around 8pm and went well after midnight.  I went to the beach and saw a dozen or so different displays, Blaine had a good one.  It really sounded like a warzone down there.

That's neat, do you like fireworks? 

Anyhow, I am not even properly dressed, and I want to go get nachos.  I went to bed after 4am this morning, and woke up around noon.  

Edited by brilac
2 hours ago, brilac said:

That's neat, do you like fireworks? 

Anyhow, I am not even properly dressed, and I want to go get nachos.  I went to bed after 4am this morning, and woke up around noon.  

I like them, Blaine put on a good show.  I ordered a pizza and waiting on that, nachos sound good though, I only like chips and cheese on mine.  I don't like veggies on anything like pizza or burgers, a true carnivore at heart.

• Upvote 1
25 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

I like them, Blaine put on a good show.  I ordered a pizza and waiting on that, nachos sound good though, I only like chips and cheese on mine.  I don't like veggies on anything like pizza or burgers, a true carnivore at heart.

I like lots of things on my nachos.  I like beef and chicken, and lots of stuff, but I don't have beef and chicken together on the nachos.  I like pizza too.  I eat my pizza with a fork and knife.  

• Upvote 1
27 minutes ago, brilac said:

I like lots of things on my nachos.  I like beef and chicken, and lots of stuff, but I don't have beef and chicken together on the nachos.  I like pizza too.  I eat my pizza with a fork and knife.  

Chicken on nachos sounds really tempting.  Well the pizza was delicious, ate it with my hands lol.  I figured I treat myself after all that swimming I did today.  Been a pretty boring night so I am going to play a bit of online poker.

3 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Chicken on nachos sounds really tempting.  Well the pizza was delicious, ate it with my hands lol.  I figured I treat myself after all that swimming I did today.  Been a pretty boring night so I am going to play a bit of online poker.

That's nice, do you make money at online poker or do you play it for fun?  I didn't leave my home today . That going to sleep after 4am.  

You know what would be really fun?!  Having a knitting and wine/champagne party.  Like knitting and drinking wine or champagne with others at the same time.  I was just looking at my quilt pieces, and thinking how much fun the would be. 

On 7/5/2019 at 11:32 PM, brilac said:

That's nice, do you make money at online poker or do you play it for fun?  I didn't leave my home today . That going to sleep after 4am.  

Online i play for playmoney only but I do pretty well against my friends lol.  I slept all day as well pretty much, it was nice.  

Edited by Tre Mac
  • Upvote 1
On 7/13/2019 at 4:34 PM, brilac said:

Today I slept for 12 + hours.  I was super tired. 

At once?  That is impressive.  Saturday I went down to the beach, wlaked the long way home and then went for a swim and sauna, I was exhausted when I got home.  I don't mind the cooler summer so far this year but I need more sun, I am solar powered.  

3 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Yeah it's nice being close to the beach, just a 5 min walk down the hill.  

That's nice!  I've said this before, I used to take the train years ago from Seattle and Vancouver, and it goes through White Rock, and everything time I would think how cute White Rock is, just in awe, thinking what a cute little town this is!  I was going to go to White Rock once, taking the Canada Line and then the bus, followed by walking, but I took the ferry to Nanaimo instead. 

4 hours ago, brilac said:

That's nice!  I've said this before, I used to take the train years ago from Seattle and Vancouver, and it goes through White Rock, and everything time I would think how cute White Rock is, just in awe, thinking what a cute little town this is!  I was going to go to White Rock once, taking the Canada Line and then the bus, followed by walking, but I took the ferry to Nanaimo instead. 

It's a nice place to visit, especially on Canada Day or B.C. Day(Aug 5th) when they do a parade and fireworks.  Not sure if they still do fireworks on BC day but I love my quint little seaside town.  

• 2 weeks later...

I was playing guitar for about 2 hrs at the beach and was about to wrap it up with this wave of stank hit me.  So I am packing up my guitar and such when I noticed this eagle doing something on the ground.

20190727_135907.thumb.jpg.628aa8576efa73187f96f63fd2545e9e.jpg

Turns out he killed or came across a seal and went to town like a fat guy at the buffet.20190727_140857.thumb.jpg.a678229f3c4a3943b6b08d693a85b6d6.jpg

20190727_141234.thumb.jpg.64cb564a32d08a0bc494fc87579bb7c6.jpg

20190727_141310.thumb.jpg.781c424c04aa6d596b07c84c74c9e639.jpg20190727_141314.thumb.jpg.8c2276366bf48c2f49fe761c469a665e.jpg

I kept getting closer and he didn't mind.  I got within 6 ft(my phone is old and only has a 4x zoom) and could hear his beak snap as he ate, pretty awesome experience but my god did it stink lol.  He chowed down for a good 10 min until a train came which is when I took these pics were he looks confused lol.  After the train left I turned around and he flew a little bit away but I think he was done with his meal, there were two eagles in the trees and a couple of hawks as well, no doubt a turf war was about to ensue.

20190727_140914.thumb.jpg.01413c4640b8de08513422aa583887c1.jpg

This pic looks like he's pissed, or he's a zombieagle taking form.  Obviously he's not a fan of a train running through White Rock either.

#Natureismetal

• 3 weeks later...

I took my math exam today, and did well, and signed up for another math course.  I find math interesting, and how it all goes together, and I like putting things together.  I also like the challenge. I've been doing things out of my ordinary, and taking math is one of them.  I walked by a sewing shop today, and they are offering sewing classes.  So maybe in the future I may take a sewing class or do Yoga. 

On 8/13/2019 at 8:58 PM, brilac said:

I took my math exam today, and did well, and signed up for another math course.  I find math interesting, and how it all goes together, and I like putting things together.  I also like the challenge. I've been doing things out of my ordinary, and taking math is one of them.  I walked by a sewing shop today, and they are offering sewing classes.  So maybe in the future I may take a sewing class or do Yoga. 

I remember I had to sew pants for Home Ed. class in grade 8, as you expect it did not go well and I failed.  I made up for it in cooking though, that I actually enjoyed.