The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Definitive Thread of Unequivocal Boredom

Rate this topic

Tre Mac

Stayed home all weekend and baked a cake last night.  20200321_234044.thumb.jpg.e2991782b775c3813afc4279cd27921b.jpg

It didn't turn out well lol, maybe because I used extra virgin olive oil instead of vegetable oil? It's just a spongy mess.  I bought a bunch of baking ingredients to satisfy my sweet tooth over the coming months.

So bored, but it's back to work tomorrow.

• Cheers 1
6 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Stayed home all weekend and baked a cake last night.  20200321_234044.thumb.jpg.e2991782b775c3813afc4279cd27921b.jpg

It didn't turn out well lol, maybe because I used extra virgin olive oil instead of vegetable oil? It's just a spongy mess.  I bought a bunch of baking ingredients to satisfy my sweet tooth over the coming months.

So bored, but it's back to work tomorrow.

I baked a cake once... I didn’t know that batter rises when baking, so I put the batter in one pan, and put it in the oven.  Part way through, the cake started smoking, so I took it out, put it on a plate, and cooked it in the microwave.  Once it was done, I let it sit, and frosted it.  Then I cut a piece out to eat.  It was a miniature cake and lopsided.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/22/2020 at 7:36 PM, brilac said:

I baked a cake once... I didn’t know that batter rises when baking, so I put the batter in one pan, and put it in the oven.  Part way through, the cake started smoking, so I took it out, put it on a plate, and cooked it in the microwave.  Once it was done, I let it sit, and frosted it.  Then I cut a piece out to eat.  It was a miniature cake and lopsided.

I made another one with mocha icing - it was so good.  I find with cake you can get away with using the store bought cake mix but for the icing it's best to make it yourself.  I searched a bunch of recipes and most called for expresso powder which is very hard to find or actual hot coffee.  So I improvised with instant coffee - it was so dam good.

I just bought a stem mixer from Amazon and looking to start baking bread.  After looking up instructions it appears to be a lot more difficult than I imagine it would be.  First off is finding a place that sells yeast - I see Amazon does but it looks like it's from China.  I thought about buying a bread maker but a lot of places are sold out, seems everyone wants to bake their own bread now.

• Upvote 1

Today is my birthday.  I spent my day by doing yoga and cardio, cleaning up, opened up the top blinds to get sunlight, and right now I am drinking kombucha and watching House Hunters International.  Prior birthday's I've planned ahead, but today, it was me in my apartment.  

Everyday I check the new infections and other day for King County and WA state I go the the site to hopefully see a decrease.  It's not looking good, but I compare it to other states and WA state is not as bad as other states.  I saw on the news today that WA state has plan for May 18th to get things back on track.  I don't really see that happening, and I keep trying to look forward, look forward to a decrease of infections, getting back on track.  I've been inside for 6 weeks, and have been outside 2x.  Once was 6 weeks go to buy groceries, before Jay Insee initiated the Stay at Home Order, and the other time was to take a walk around the block. I may go out at 5am for a run or walk starting in May depending on how things are.  I haven't watched a lot of news today.  The horror on TV, especially when watching ABC News. 

Edited by brilac
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
27 minutes ago, brilac said:

Today is my birthday.  I spent my day by doing yoga and cardio, cleaning up, opened up the top blinds to get sunlight, and right now I am drinking kombucha and watching House Hunters International.  Prior birthday's I've planned ahead, but today, it was me in my apartment.  

Everyday I check the new infections and other day for King County and WA state I go the the site to hopefully see a decrease.  It's not looking good, but I compare it to other states and WA state is not as bad as other states.  I saw on the news today that WA state has plan for May 18th to get things back on track.  I don't really see that happening, and I keep trying to look forward, look forward to a decrease of infections, getting back on track.  I've been inside for 6 weeks, and have been outside 2x.  Once was 6 weeks go to buy groceries, before Jay Insee initiated the Stay at Home Order, and the other time was to take a walk around the block. I may go out at 5am for a run or walk starting in May depending on how things are.  I haven't watched a lot of news today.  The horror on TV, especially when watching ABC News. 

Happy Birthday to You
Happy Birthday to You
Happy Birthday Dear Brilac 
Happy Birthday to You.

From good friends and true,
From old friends and new,
May good luck go with you,
And happiness too.

Happy birthday:)

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
14 hours ago, brilac said:

You're birthday is 4/20?  Nice lol.  I wish my birthday came in a warmer month for bbq parties and such - but mine is in rainy november. 

I started jogging, it's killing my shins.  

• Upvote 1
On 4/21/2020 at 11:04 AM, Tre Mac said:

You're birthday is 4/20?  Nice lol.  I wish my birthday came in a warmer month for bbq parties and such - but mine is in rainy november. 

I started jogging, it's killing my shins.  

That's good, how many kilometers or miles have you been jogging, and how many times a week?

I've been thinking about jogging early in the morning in May.  I will see.  Maybe at the end of May.  

• Cheers 1
On 4/21/2020 at 1:56 PM, GoCanucks16 said:

I'm waiting for blood work. I have 5 minutes to go until my appointment and got here just a few minutes ago. The boredom is immense.

Hope all is well, you came to the right place.  

10 hours ago, brilac said:

That's good, how many kilometers or miles have you been jogging, and how many times a week?

I've been thinking about jogging early in the morning in May.  I will see.  Maybe at the end of May.  

Not far, furthest has been 4.19km - not all jogging straight, some walking sprinkled in.  I go at least 3 times a week, usually on the weekends for 30min.  

• Like 1

CFC20A18-6C1A-47D1-8A8D-8573AA135641.thumb.jpeg.4c7730c9364bdf9b5f9a67dd626a87e3.jpeg

Watching a program on the Tower of London, and was looking at pictures I took 3 months ago in London.  A lot has changed since then.  

So much history in this place!  I have a habit of wondering off into other places in the Tower of London. 

Edited by brilac
21 hours ago, brilac said:

CFC20A18-6C1A-47D1-8A8D-8573AA135641.thumb.jpeg.4c7730c9364bdf9b5f9a67dd626a87e3.jpeg

Watching a program on the Tower of London, and was looking at pictures I took 3 months ago in London.  A lot has changed since then.  

So much history in this place!  I have a habit of wondering off into other places in the Tower of London. 

I love the Ravens.

They are the size of eagles. Wish I could have one as a pet.

I was there last when they were doing the poppies.

original.jpg.d4b736cce87ab8b689ca3252c35765c9.jpg

• Like 1

It's 3:22am, and I am awake.  It's hard to fall asleep.  I have melatonin gummies, but I don't feel like taking them.  I'm tired, but I don't really want to sleep.  

I watched the cat play, played Tetris, and watched a movie, and went to the J Crew site, and looked at the sale items.  So many nice items on there, but I'm like, what, a fashion show for the living room?  And I have clothes, and it's best to save.  But I like looking.  It gives me hope.  The Stay-at-Home order has been extended to May 31st in WA state with a 4-Phase roll out.  I have a lot to do around the apartment to keep me busy, and depending on how things are, I may go for a 5am or 6am walk or jog in upcoming weeks.  

I'm thinking about eating and drinking coffee, and then making my list.  Trying to get on track.  I'm thinking of salmon with cheese wrapped in a tortilla. 

• Cheers 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2020 at 3:31 AM, brilac said:

It's 3:22am, and I am awake.  It's hard to fall asleep.  I have melatonin gummies, but I don't feel like taking them.  I'm tired, but I don't really want to sleep.  

I watched the cat play, played Tetris, and watched a movie, and went to the J Crew site, and looked at the sale items.  So many nice items on there, but I'm like, what, a fashion show for the living room?  And I have clothes, and it's best to save.  But I like looking.  It gives me hope.  The Stay-at-Home order has been extended to May 31st in WA state with a 4-Phase roll out.  I have a lot to do around the apartment to keep me busy, and depending on how things are, I may go for a 5am or 6am walk or jog in upcoming weeks.  

I'm thinking about eating and drinking coffee, and then making my list.  Trying to get on track.  I'm thinking of salmon with cheese wrapped in a tortilla. 

I can fall asleep but I end up waking up a dozen times throughout the night.  On Monday I was awake for over 1 hr of my 5 hr sleep :(.

I have been jogging 15 days in a row now - each run is at least 3 km.  Shins are getting better - cardio is really good.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Googled Gorge Harbour tonight, and thought, I wonder how long it is to get there from Seattle via float plane?  Hmm, I think 2.5 hours, and there are time slots available in August to fly there.  It's my way of thinking forward, my way of getting through this.  

Upt my yoga and kept the cardio the same.  My jeans are fitting me loose, and that is nice.  It's great to have many pairs of jeans that fit me loose.  

Been working on my quilt, and got excited over thread that is vintage and is silk.  It's nice and smooth.  

• Cheers 1

Yeast we forget:

20200518_105148.thumb.jpg.af1587ad218b9177683c566de49d807d.jpg

20200518_105559.thumb.jpg.bc0f6fc710ab8988114cc49958fcd551.jpg

First ever loaf.  Going to be a lot of trial and error getting this right.  I have made three more since, last one I used whole wheat flour.  I also tried refrigerating one loaf to make in the morning.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

1328780073_Screenshot_20200605-160304_SamsungInternet.jpg.939c34ff48555d59db0630c611b6d125.jpg

I hope they add time if you hit the wrong number otherwise you could probably spam everything and finish within a minute.

Beat me.  I got 6:40.  Although I was doing it with a mouse perched on my leg.  That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!:frantic:

• Cheers 1