The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Definitive Thread of Unequivocal Boredom

Rate this topic

Tre Mac

So my jogging streak came to an abrupt end last week, that was over 80 days straight of at least 3km / per day.  Now I got this massive pain in my foot and I cannot tell what it is.  I tried to book an appointment but I have to talk to my doc over the phone before I am allowed to come in.  Some areas say it'll clear up in a week, some areas take months and there is a chance this is permanent.  This sucks - I took great pride in jogging as a physical outlet but now that pride is gone.  No pool, no sauna, now no jogging :(.  I also still have to work and do quite a bit a walking on a given 8hr day.  

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
On 6/16/2020 at 2:35 PM, Tre Mac said:

So my jogging streak came to an abrupt end last week, that was over 80 days straight of at least 3km / per day.  Now I got this massive pain in my foot and I cannot tell what it is.  I tried to book an appointment but I have to talk to my doc over the phone before I am allowed to come in.  Some areas say it'll clear up in a week, some areas take months and there is a chance this is permanent.  This sucks - I took great pride in jogging as a physical outlet but now that pride is gone.  No pool, no sauna, now no jogging :(.  I also still have to work and do quite a bit a walking on a given 8hr day.  

How are you feeling today?  That's great that you had been jogging.  I would love to get outside.  Maybe next week.  

• Cheers 1
8 hours ago, brilac said:

How are you feeling today?  That's great that you had been jogging.  I would love to get outside.  Maybe next week.  

Doc told me not to run for 2 weeks, still hurts today.

17 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

That’s too bad!  I would like to get outside.  The number of cases have gone up in Seattle and the rest of King county.  We moved onto Phase 2 today.  The restaurants can now have a 50% capacity.  I will not be going to restaurants until Phase 4 happens or beyond.  I have not been to the grocery store in months nor outside to walk.  I’ve been a pro at being inside, and when you see the horror on tv, especially in March with freezer trucks in NYC, that image stays with you.

Just sitting around on the yoga mat right now, eating out of the bag of chocolate, drinking kombucha, and listening to Georgie Girl songs.  Dedicating them to the cat.  

• Cheers 1
10 hours ago, brilac said:

That’s too bad!  I would like to get outside.  The number of cases have gone up in Seattle and the rest of King county.  We moved onto Phase 2 today.  The restaurants can now have a 50% capacity.  I will not be going to restaurants until Phase 4 happens or beyond.  I have not been to the grocery store in months nor outside to walk.  I’ve been a pro at being inside, and when you see the horror on tv, especially in March with freezer trucks in NYC, that image stays with you.

Just sitting around on the yoga mat right now, eating out of the bag of chocolate, drinking kombucha, and listening to Georgie Girl songs.  Dedicating them to the cat.  

Are you anywhere near that CHAZ zone?  Not sure if that's still going on.

5 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Are you anywhere near that CHAZ zone?  Not sure if that's still going on.

I used to live in that area for many years, and then moved downtown for a year, and then moved where I am at now.  Where I live, the bridge is closed, and you have to find alternate routes to get downtown for drivers.  I like the neighborhood I live in, but living in a small town would be really nice.  Like the Olympic Peninsula, or an island in the Puget Sound. 

• Cheers 1
On 6/19/2020 at 6:15 AM, Tre Mac said:

I wonder if it's plantar fasciitis.  A few years ago a played ball hockey in the wrong shoes a couple of times which caused me to develop very small heel spurs.  Those heel spurs then triggered a bout of plantar fasciitis which made walking very uncomfortable and I'm no wimp.

• Cheers 1
8 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I wonder if it's plantar fasciitis.  A few years ago a played ball hockey in the wrong shoes a couple of times which caused me to develop very small heel spurs.  Those heel spurs then triggered a bout of plantar fasciitis which made walking very uncomfortable and I'm no wimp.

Well whatever it is I hope it goes away.

Would riding a bike increase your foot pain? Still very good exercise, but maybe much better on that hurting foot.

• Cheers 1
1 hour ago, gurn said:

Would riding a bike increase your foot pain? Still very good exercise, but maybe much better on that hurting foot.

It may reduce the strain but any movement of my heel hurts at the moment- also unlikely I'll spend coin on a bike anytime soon.  

• Upvote 1

Oh my goodness Tre Mac, I went walking the other day at 6am with my face mask on at 6am for 50 minutes.  Walked up a few hills, and really enjoyed walking.  I had not been out in months.  Well, the back of my legs above the knees hurt! It hurts to walk, my goodness!  Any ideas on how to make the pain go away?  

• Cheers 1
10 minutes ago, brilac said:

Oh my goodness Tre Mac, I went walking the other day at 6am with my face mask on at 6am for 50 minutes.  Walked up a few hills, and really enjoyed walking.  I had not been out in months.  Well, the back of my legs above the knees hurt! It hurts to walk, my goodness!  Any ideas on how to make the pain go away?  

Wrap up some ice, put it on the spot of pain for 10 minutes then remove for at least 5 minutes.

Tiger Balm is good as well, better than Rub a5-35, or Volteran. Just make sure to get the less hot stuff to start.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1